How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

Tom Ford F/W 11.12 London
http://www.tomford.com/#/en/thebrand/video?id=0&
http://www.tomford.com

Last edited by agee; 11-06-2011 at 05:41 AM.

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

youtube/TsakisThess via EnVogueLove

11-06-2011
scenester

Finally!

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

tomford.com/

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

tomford.com/

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

It reminds me a lot of Pucci's Fall 2011/2012 collection. It looks very similar in terms of inspiration, no?

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ I noticed those similarities too but I don't know if it is the same inspiration or if it is just the Milano vibe.

P.S. Thanks so much for the screen caps!

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

I'm not loving this to be honest.

V.I.P.

Hm, I don't know. Some pieces are ok but some are so tacky and over embellished. I don't think those hair pieces are nearly as chic as he seem to think they are. Most of all though, the pieces just don't seem current. It's like he's still stuck in the early 2000s but his way of moving forward is to add MORE decorations to his designs. Plus the fact that he's doing this (in terms of not showing the collection like everyone) is not winning him any points with me.

fashion icon

hot hot hot!!!! I need more.

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

OK after seeing an evening dress from this collection at the Met Gala, I was expecting to be horrified and this is not as bad as I was anticipating, it is not great or exciting but it is a solid offering. Mr. Ford stayed within his pimp-alicious wheelhouse which I don't have a problem with at this time, although I may become bored at some future point, especially if it appears that he is just re-styling looks and re-swizzling patterns and textiles. The looks are well styled, polished and there were some interesting fabric and textures, I am responding well to this one. I think the dividing line is between the daywear and cocktail attire and the evening wear with my conclusion being that the evening wear is not as strong as the daywear and cocktail looks, although there are one or two nice evening dresses the I like... I think, I have to see the front and back of the dresses before I can really judge. I thought that the last collection looked "dated" and this one does too, but much less so.

11-06-2011
backstage pass

M-hmmm... Some pieces do look nice, like the more goth-ish looks, but over half of it feels too contrived, busy and forced. Honestly, it's not good, like Gucci (Frida's version) mashed against 10% of Lanvin and then quite a bit trend-whoring on top. Especially the weird fur collars and wig/hair things. That trend should have died in the 70s. Don't like the fit either, like it's too small for the models.
I can't detect a signature that would say 'Tom Ford', it's just a bunch of strong, but overdone looks thrown together.

I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Hm, I don't know. Some pieces are ok but some are so tacky and over embellished. I don't think those hair pieces are nearly as chic as he seem to think they are. Most of all though, the pieces just don't seem current. It's like he's still stuck in the early 2000s but his way of moving forward is to add MORE decorations to his designs. Plus the fact that he's doing this (in terms of not showing the collection like everyone) is not winning him any points with me.
I agree! It's too embellished for my taste. Then there's also the expectations tied with him not showing the collection like everyone else putting a certain excitement on the final result. So to see this Pucci/Gucci thing that's been done over and over doesn't feel as welcoming as if he had shown it with everyone else. So all this time.. for this?

11-06-2011
tfs star

The collection is way over the top. I wish Tom would tone down the sexuality and ultra-glam look. It's coming off as tacky. So, this is what the Tom Ford woman is going to look like? It's too shiny, too lacy, too velvety, just too much overall. He definitely has a wealthy/Hollywood and older demographic in mind. I don't want to say this but, some looks remind me of Zac Posen's recent collectioin in Paris. However, I do like the darker looks.

Last edited by Ives927; 11-06-2011 at 11:21 AM.
11-06-2011
fashion insider

Loving Abbeys red coat!
This collection is magnific, but the shoes mmmmmmmmm
The MET dress looks better in the collection.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, ford, london, tom