Tom Ford F/W 2017.18 New York - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-03-2017
V.I.P.

Tom Ford F/W 2017.18 New York

*vogue.com

V.I.P.

*vogue.com

V.I.P.

*vogue.com

fashion insider

Tom Ford 'See-Now-Buy-Now' ended! Praise Yeezus!

'See-Now-Buy-Now'... what a huge mess, it's so easy to see that this type of system simply doesn't work... plus I don't know why brands decided to be part of this

backstage pass

Balenciaga + Saint Laurent

18-03-2017
fashion icon

Oh i really like this collection, the colors are great. It's a bit Balenciaga but done better - i wish this had a show.

V.I.P.

Tom Ford ditches See Now Buy Now
http://www.vogue.com.au/fashion/news...buy+now+,42205

18-03-2017
fashion insider

Tom Ford at his best. This is all glorious and fabulous.
Tom Ford is at his best when he goes all wild and push it almost to the limits. This is literally his best work since SS2015.
I don't see Balenciaga at all. It's very self-referencial. There are some classic pieces from his own line (the patent leather thing, the sequined long sleeve t-shirt) and some touches of his Gucci FW2002. The colored tights reminds me of his Gucci SS2000. The 2 looks with the colored shorts reminds a bit of the Marc Jacobs SS2011 collection tho.

The black minidresses are just fabulous and kinda new from him. All that beautiful drapes around the shoulders are good.

The lycra color-blocked minidresses are so obviously badtaste that they are so great. He is really pushing it with the styling and everything. I don't know if it's modern but it's bold and i love it.

He is showing to Vaccarello and the others how things needs to be done. It's sexy, confident, bold and playing with taste. The shoes are outrageous. This is how you do a wrinkled boot that is still flattering to the legs.

The irony of this whole thing is that while this is not "See Now Buy Now", it's much more desirable and i'll much more excited to buy this than his SS collection. Those two models totally embodies the idea of the TF Woman. I don't know how Lida Fox appeared in the Spring Lookbook. And Tom Ford collection without a column long-sleeves dress is a WIN! Fabulous and welcome back Tom...

Last edited by Lola701; 18-03-2017 at 03:27 AM.
18-03-2017
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieJE View Post
Except wearable. He refined their look, I like it.

18-03-2017
fashion insider

I haven't been that excited about a Tom Ford collection since his exit at Gucci - and even while not everything is perfect, it feels re-assuring to see a strong, unapologetically glamorous, yet believable collection as this from him in the present fashion climate. After the disastrous 'steam-punk' wedges from last fall, here are finally some trophy shoes worth lusting for - The square toe on his boots and pumps feel right, and the styling with colorful tights bring up a fun factor that elevates it all one step up. I'm really glad he didn't show any floor length dresses as that would have taken a bit away from the focus on short 80ies style party frocks - my favourite being the silver turtleneck tunic worn with leather pants.

18-03-2017
fashion insider

The shoes are definitely THE BEST shoes of the entire FW'18 season - all of them...!!

(and let's face it - it's not a Tom Ford collection if it doesn't deliver at least one or even several pairs of hit shoes that just completely steal the 'most desirable shoes of the season' label off from everyone else)

18-03-2017
front row

I love it. It's funny because this is what Alessandro Michele would be doing at Gucci if he had talent.

18-03-2017
barcode

I love this collection. Everything about it feels right, from the individual pieces, to the styling, to the attitude on display. It's sexy without being uptight, playful without being dopey or drowned in irony, youthful without being strictly for the young. Most importantly, though, it feels very joyful, very lighthearted and upbeat, even when it's just a great black blazer and some killer leather pants. It's as if he took many of the elements he's been toying with for the last handful of seasons -- especially the bold, geometric colorblocking reminiscent of the 60s and 70s -- and finally nailed exactly what to do with them. I love the color palette, too, and the tights really put the perfect exclamation point on even the simplest looks.

Honestly it's just exciting to see him embracing all of the qualities that make him who he is as a designer instead of trying to temper them or fight them off entirely.

20-03-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieJE View Post
Not really , TF was doing this at Gucci 15-20 years ago.
If anything Balenciaga and Saint Laurent were inspired by him

http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/s...cci#collection

20-03-2017
fashion insider

Some of those jersey dresses at the end could be from Lindsay Lohan's Ungaro collection though. I do like this collection though and is probably one of his more "fashionable" collections that pushes the boundaries. Hopefully he continues on this trajectory.

I do appreciate that he's willing to try different things with his brand. I understand that he seems all over the place, but I don't mind tbh.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
f or w, ford, tom, york