How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-06-2003
rising star

he does so many nice collections..i like him, he looks annoying tho..but his designs are nice

05-06-2003
Procrastinator.

Welcome to tFS, Blondie_Babe13!

http://www.shopstyle.com/users/hboogie
10-06-2003
backstage pass

Gotta say I agree with Sean, Tom Ford does nothing for me. He saved Gucci maybe, but maybe it didn't need saving. maybe it should have been left in the 60s when it was cool and funky to wear Gucci. I'd buy a Gucci bag from the 60s, a real vintage Jackie O!

YSL is indeed going the same route, my god, those silly silver lips on the bags are horrible. Tom gets a lot of attention, he's a skilled designer, entrepreneur and very attractive to boot, but there is something too safe going on. Well, I'm referring in particular to his accessories, they're OK, but nothing exciting. Maybe there is better to come!

Sorry to grumble, but I prefer Michael Kors, Dolce & Gabbana and Marc Jacobs.

10-06-2003
Vision of Paradise

i know he went to parsons for architecture-
can you just imagine what he would have done with that career ? each building would be a huge giant phallus even tho' we all bond over this special 'tom ford hate' maybe we should be thankful he sleazed his way into fashion we would all be staying in hotels that resemble giant penis buildings

backstage pass

Architecture! Hmm, makes me wonder if he still partakes now and again. That new building being erected in London...they call it the 'glass gherkin'.

11-06-2003
Vision of Paradise

Quote:
Originally posted by craig roy jones@Jun 11th, 2003 - 12:36 am
Architecture! Hmm, makes me wonder if he still partakes now and again. That new building being erected in London...they call it the 'glass gherkin'.

rock-chic

Can't be doing with the man.......but the dog is really cute!

front row

tom ford is a sexy beast

gucci shoes give me juice

gucci against my skin makes me irresistable

the most orgasmic brand Ive ever worn

14-06-2003
etre soi-meme

whatever turns you on that girl

11-07-2003
rising star

Why is it that when someone gets super famous people want to see him fall? I really don't understand you guys.

The day Tom Ford leaves Gucci it will be the brand's downfall. Tom and Gucci are like one in people's mind...I can't imagine someone taking over the designer seat. And I don't think somebody would dare doing it, it's far to risky career-wise.
I see more possibilities for YSL for getting a new designer, even if I prefer Tom's work at YSL(far more distinguished) than at Gucci since a few seasons. Let's be honest OK the great Yves is one of the most tallented designers of the 20th century, but since the '80's he like abandoned his RTW (Loulou de la Falaise had to do all the work). But he was still the master of Haute Couture. It's a pitty the couture had to close, but all in all the arrival of Tom Ford was for the best. YSL is now as hot as in the '70's again.

I agree that Gucci needs a more classy image, the custumers are getting a bit "nouveaux riches". But I think Tom Ford is going in a new direction with the custom collections of suits, shoes and accessories. Also Gucci eau de parfum and the soon to be launched Gucci pour homme are supporting the image change.

Plus Tom is the most beautiful Gay man alive

11-07-2003
Vision of Paradise

Quote:
Originally posted by cedriceccentric@Jul 11th, 2003 - 11:40 am
[color=purple]Why is it that when someone gets super famous people want to see him fall? I really don't understand you guys.

whatever. wanting tom to "fall" because he made it? please. tom isnt as exciting as he used to be. when he first took over gucci he DID give it the re-vamp that the house needed. he makes sexy clothes and has a clientel. its just the bad taste that is really making gucci boring. the interlocking g gucci logo crotch, for example, is just not very innovative in my eyes and is hardly genius. tom ford worked hard to be where he is and of course i see that first of all an american designing for a huge italian house is of course HUGE. but he is getting SO STALE. POOH. of course everyone cant be yohji,mc queen,lagerfeld, etc but tom is all but boring compared to many newcomers! his talents are in question-every artist should be tested, and im sick of the boring "sexy" consistancy of the gucci lifestyle/ image.

rising star

LolitaLuxe,
I agree with everything you said, it's just that I really don't want him to dessapear lol
As many American designers he is more of a marketing/manager than a designer, his collections are highly commercial. But Tom Ford never talks about his clothes like the are art or something, he knows very well he is not Rei Kawakubo. He speaks about them like an actor who made a big commercial Hollywood movie, he wants you to see it.$$$$$
I'm becoming blasé of the sexy ads too .
Like I said Gucci is repositioning the brand's image, they want to become like a sexy-Hermès rather than the new Versace. Quality will improve and prices will rise. But it all has to wait till the economy get's better. In the meanwhile logo canvas will have to do,because it's the only thing that sells right now.

Guess that mega-brands are just not your cup of tea...

12-07-2003
lee
front row

Quote:
In the meanwhile logo canvas will have to do,because it's the only thing that sells right now.
.. i thought Lo meant the G-bikini wax on the carmen/adam campaigns...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by cedriceccentric@Jul 11th, 2003 - 2:44 pm
As many American designers he is more of a marketing/manager than a designer, his collections are highly commercial. But Tom Ford never talks about his clothes like the are art or something, he knows very well he is not Rei Kawakubo. He speaks about them like an actor who made a big commercial Hollywood movie, he wants you to see it.$$$$$
I completely agree.

What I don't get are the people who wear Gucci or YSL and then complain about him. I think Tom is rather genius, not original or innovative, but he's an excellent businessman. To each their own.

12-07-2003
Vision of Paradise

Quote:
Originally posted by lee@Jul 12th, 2003 - 11:55 am
Quote:
In the meanwhile logo canvas will have to do,because it's the only thing that sells right now.
.. i thought Lo meant the G-bikini wax on the carmen/adam campaigns...
i did

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ford, hate, tom