How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2010
windowshopping

It's beauuuuuuuuuut

15-11-2010
When in doubt, wear red.

Such an interesting read.
The B&W pictures of him look slightly better without text , but he still looks like a wax statute to me.
On the ohter hand, the shots with all the supers is freakin good, I can help but think how amazing his collection looks.

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 15-11-2010 at 03:14 PM.
15-11-2010
barcode

Quote:
it was more the chic of his years at Saint Laurent than Gucci

I was thinking this yesterday when the first three shots were posted. It does seem more along the lines of what he was doing at YSL than at Gucci. It's more adult, though at the same time the clothes shown are also far more playful and eccentric than anything his Gucci girl would have worn. Even still I don't think it actually looks like his work at YSL, but it certainly reminds me of it.

And the shoes!!! After years of painful, angry, clunky looking shoes it's nice to see something streamlined and relatively easy to walk in.

Last edited by Spike413; 15-11-2010 at 03:15 PM.
15-11-2010
V.I.P.

I like Mr. Ford quite a but, but the term "pretentious prick" crossed my mind a time or two as I read the article.

15-11-2010
V.I.P.

@Spike: altho, even during his hey day at Gucci, it was Frida who designed the shoes, no? of course it was Tom, sorry, 'Mr Ford', who got final approval, but those shoes were basically all the work of that she-beast (who just recently stopped sending oversized caftans in various prints on the runway).

15-11-2010
barcode

^ Oh of course she would have been responsible for designing them, but clearly she worked best under Ford's control. She's yet to make a shoe to rival any of Gucci's "it" footwear from back in the day.

15-11-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
I like Mr. Ford quite a but, but the term "pretentious prick" crossed my mind a time or two as I read the article.
What-- you just got that now? You mean you've never considered him pretentious or pricky from prior interviews? Just hearing him speak in interviews makes me want to punch him in the face, BUT the fact that he's an extremely talented and visionary individual is enough trump his less-than-savory personality for me.

As for the savory footwear, Tom had a team that designed those shoes, so I don't know how much involvement he has directly with the designs.

15-11-2010
Looking Up

I don't think he's pretentious, because he lives up to his ego.

15-11-2010
backstage pass

Pretentious or no this is the Fashion industry we're talking about. The industry that fawns over Gossip Girl and was birthed from the idea of exclusivity. Hell, we run on it. It's the reason why we have trends.

Mr. Ford just gave two middle fingers to the way the industry works right now and in my opinion mooned Marc Jacobs. I love them both but Mr. Ford in my opinion clearly has outdone himself with this one and I can't WAIT for the French Vogue images.

Oh and yess... at the end of the day... Anna can smile and sit back as she knows she has ultimately won the game.

15-11-2010
Looking Up

Does Anna actually like Tom Ford?

15-11-2010
barcode

^ Oh yeah, she's always supported him.

I remember she was actually pretty displeased when PPR let him walk.

15-11-2010
Looking Up

^ Right, because she's notoriously selective about who she supports.

15-11-2010
Looking Up

I wish he had chosen someone a bit more impressive than Beyonce. If he was going for the lusty-Diva persona then he should have chosen for Naomi Campbell, Mariah Carey or Diana Ross. Women who are bigger and better.

15-11-2010
tfs star

Yawn. The Lanvin+H&M launch/release was more exciting.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
I wish he had chosen someone a bit more impressive than Beyonce. If he was going for the lusty-Diva persona then he should have chosen for Naomi Campbell, Mariah Carey or Diana Ross. Women who are bigger and better.
More impressive than Beyonce?? Mariah Carey is more impressive than Beyonce?? I can't with you.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, ford, gucci, life, tom