How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2010
Looking Up

I know it's purely opinion-based. But Beyonce is still fairly young as a solo musician. Mariah Carey has been around for decades and has achieved much more music-wise, not to mention has one of the most capable voices of all time. But this is besides the point. To put Beyonce with women like Lauren Hutton who is practically legendary just seems a bit weird that's all.

15-11-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
I know it's purely opinion-based. But Beyonce is still fairly young as a solo musician. Mariah Carey has been around for decades and has achieved much more music-wise, not to mention has one of the most capable voices of all time. But this is besides the point. To put Beyonce with women like Lauren Hutton who is practically legendary just seems a bit weird that's all.
Well I mean I guess our opinions are irrelevant as the show has already happened and we have no hand in casting. In my opinion though... i don't think that Mariah Carey is going to wear Tom Ford, and I believe Beyonce will.

Question though... who did the accessories????

15-11-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markese91 View Post
Question though... who did the accessories????
Taken from fashionologie with WWD and fashionista as original sources, respectively:
Quote:
...now comes word that he has hired Caroline Tixier, a women’s ready-to-wear designer at Givenchy, and Pablo Coppola, an accessories designer at Alexander McQueen, although neither a Tom Ford spokeswoman or Ford's business partner Domenico De Sole would comment to confirm.

Word is Ford has also hired shoe designer Michael Lewis, who has collaborated with Ford at Gucci, Marc Jacobs at Louis Vuitton, and Christopher Bailey at Burberry.

16-11-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
I wish he had chosen someone a bit more impressive than Beyonce. If he was going for the lusty-Diva persona then he should have chosen for Naomi Campbell, Mariah Carey or Diana Ross. Women who are bigger and better.
do you think diana ross, naomi campbell, or mariah carey are customers?

Looking Up

^ Why not? Who said Beyonce was the most Tom Ford-esque woman out there? My point is if he's looking for well established singers then there are more impressive options than Beyonce. She's with the House of Dereon anyway

16-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Who said Beyonce was the most Tom Ford-esque woman out there?
Tom Ford did.

ETA1:
If you have an issue with Beyonce being in the same mix as Lauren Hutton, then Karlie, Joan, Abbey Lee, Liu and Lakshmi are also out of their leagues.

ETA2:
Also, the Tom Ford legend was built more on Tom Ford's associations with the likes of Beyonce than they were built on his associations with Upper East socialites, which in fact makes Beyonce quite the Tom Ford woman, although she'd more of a Tom Ford-Gucci woman, than a Tom Ford-YSL woman,

Last edited by agee; 16-11-2010 at 05:08 AM.
16-11-2010
Looking Up

^ Oh I didn't realize he had contact with Beyonce for so long, I presumed she was more of a modern thing. Thanks for pointing that out

Also, I remember reading something about Tom Ford and Aerin Lauder working together, does anyone know anything about this?

16-11-2010
V.I.P.

@Spike: i agree that Frida hasn't done something like that bamboo heeled corset shoe (omfg, just thinking about it...) but her oil slick pumps and last summer's Naomi heel were quite the show stoppers too...

oh god, i'm defending Frida.....

Quote:
I wish he had chosen someone a bit more impressive than Beyonce. If he was going for the lusty-Diva persona then he should have chosen for Naomi Campbell, Mariah Carey or Diana Ross. Women who are bigger and better.
false.

there's already a stunning black model, who is also a mother and wife and doesn't have all the tabloid baggage, in the shape of his discovery, Liya. ()

Mariah is ballooning and you never know what size she'll wear in 2 weeks time (altho she'll always request clothes 2 sizes smaller than what she actually wears)

Diana Ross WAS huge, but not anymore.

besides, Beyonce is a pop culture phenomenon. married to basically the most powerful rapper in the music biz. she delivers one HELL of a show, sings and dances like a madwoman. i'm not her biggest fan (tho i LOVED her before her current style. I Am Beyonce/Sasha Fierce was incredibly 'meh' to me) but do recognize her as the black singer with the most power to her name.

having Beyonce ensures that all those tabloid people will run MAD for pictures of her in his clothes.

as of right now, there's no one who is bigger and better than Beyonce.

16-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
^ Oh I didn't realize he had contact with Beyonce for so long, I presumed she was more of a modern thing. Thanks for pointing that out

Also, I remember reading something about Tom Ford and Aerin Lauder working together, does anyone know anything about this?
I don't know how far back Mr. Ford goes with Beyonce, when I stated "the likes of Beyonce," I meant that he has a history of consorting with mainstream celebs, and not necessarily the squeaky clean, refined types. Just like how in 2010, Tisci consorts with Courtney Love and Ciara, so if in ten years from now, if Tisci does a similar presentation, having a Beyonce type there would be as fitting, if not more fitting, than have someone from the social registry.

16-11-2010
backstage pass

Bwahahaha everyone else just said the things I wanted to say but I just though Squizree was like a Beyonce hater so I didn't want to get into it. No fair.

Oh and thanks for the accessories info

16-11-2010
Looking Up

^ Lol oh no on the contrary, I actually really love Beyonce's music I still listen to her Crazy In Love album. Wish she'd leave JayZ though

16-11-2010
V.I.P.

which is really her best work until now.....

17-11-2010
tfs star

enough about beyonce already! lol

i don't like these previews. i wonder if these were the "best". i feel like some of these designs have already been made, done with, brought back and left again and he decided to pick them right up!

just looking at them i get feelings from so many other designers, from cavalli to mcqueen to lanvin to givenchy... nothing impressive seeing how i used to love the sex on clothes he used to make...

EDIT!: looking at the pictures again. you can add the hermes/JPG and dolce and gabbana to the list...

Last edited by j.cruz146; 17-11-2010 at 01:39 AM.
17-11-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexcrazyjes View Post
enough about beyonce already! lol

i don't like these previews. i wonder if these were the "best". i feel like some of these designs have already been made, done with, brought back and left again and he decided to pick them right up!

just looking at them i get feelings from so many other designers, from cavalli to mcqueen to lanvin to givenchy... nothing impressive seeing how i used to love the sex on clothes he used to make...

EDIT!: looking at the pictures again. you can add the hermes/JPG and dolce and gabbana to the list...

I don't think I've ever looked at a complete collection and said, oh my gosh that's visionary it doesn't remind me of anyone else(well of course you must excuse McQueen and Gareth Pugh from this list). I think that this collection was really based off of his muses and things that they would wear. Because his muses are mostly like international celebrities, sooo many designers have already made the pieces. In my opinion it was really more about the essence of being Tom Ford, and it was alot about the mood evoked from the exclusivity of it all.

To be entirely honest Mr. Ford's success, to me, has never been about creating something new but reworking something whether it be it's mechanics or it's presentation. Prime example, is how he reworked his pocket square to streamline his suit. He didn't make a new one, but just reworked something existing.

17-11-2010
V.I.P.

Tom Ford looks great , he got hair again hehe and his suit looks WOW! Fashion needs people like Tom Ford otherwise its just boring , He is glamour and high fashion is about glamour , Fashion got soo boring when he left , I use to wait all night to see his YSL collection photos , back in 2002-2004 before twitter and instant fashion

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, ford, gucci, life, tom