How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
@Spike: i agree that Frida hasn't done something like that bamboo heeled corset shoe (omfg, just thinking about it...) but her oil slick pumps and last summer's Naomi heel were quite the show stoppers too...

oh god, i'm defending Frida.....

false.

there's already a stunning black model, who is also a mother and wife and doesn't have all the tabloid baggage, in the shape of his discovery, Liya. ()

Mariah is ballooning and you never know what size she'll wear in 2 weeks time (altho she'll always request clothes 2 sizes smaller than what she actually wears)

Diana Ross WAS huge, but not anymore.

besides, Beyonce is a pop culture phenomenon. married to basically the most powerful rapper in the music biz. she delivers one HELL of a show, sings and dances like a madwoman. i'm not her biggest fan (tho i LOVED her before her current style. I Am Beyonce/Sasha Fierce was incredibly 'meh' to me) but do recognize her as the black singer with the most power to her name.

having Beyonce ensures that all those tabloid people will run MAD for pictures of her in his clothes.

as of right now, there's no one who is bigger and better than Beyonce.
Yeah she is rich , she sells records but does she have a personality , umm NOO, her clothing line is a joke , and her perfume putrid, she is no Diana Ross. Ford just got something 2% of what Diana Ross was and she is the closest thing.

17-11-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco54 View Post
Yeah she is rich , she sells records but does she have a personality , umm NOO, her clothing line is a joke , and her perfume putrid, she is no Diana Ross. Ford just got something 2% of what Diana Ross was and she is the closest thing.
Did you just say Beyonce has no personality? Excuse me?? Beyonce is ALL personality! If it wasn't for Beyonce's personality... she wouldn't be as successful as she is. This entire "Sasha Fierce" phenom... it's what sells her albums.

Oh and the clothing line... I like to pretend that Beyonce has no hand in that nor that perfume line... which she probably doesn't, she just puts her name on it.

And really... if he'd put Diana Ross in the show... I think it would have lost 20% of it's appeal. Trust me, Mr. Ford knows exactly what he's doing.

17-11-2010
barcode

Alright guys, I think we need to get off the subject of whether or not Beyonce is good enough to have been in the show. She was, it happened, it's over, and we'll just have to let the pictures speak for themselves when they're released.

18-11-2010
rising star

I miss him, really!

backstage pass

models

18-11-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
^ Oh of course she would have been responsible for designing them, but clearly she worked best under Ford's control. She's yet to make a shoe to rival any of Gucci's "it" footwear from back in the day.

You've said it all!

Whether we're considering shoes - jewelry - hats, etc:
Others may design - but Mr. Ford REFINES! His sense of control would not have permitted anything that did not pass his mind's eye of perfection to reflect on his finished product.

Not then - not now - not ever.

Welcome back to Women's Fashion Mr. Ford!

The future is stupid

Complete...
MR. FORD RETURNS
US Vogue December 2010
Photographer:
Steven Meisel
Stylist:
Camilla Nickerson
Hair:
Orlando Pita
Makeup:
Pat McGrath
Set Design:
Mary Howard

image sources | scanned by MMA, rockthetrend, vogue via Flashbang

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 20-11-2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: fixed dead link.
20-11-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
Alright guys, I think we need to get off the subject of whether or not Beyonce is good enough to have been in the show. She was, it happened, it's over, and we'll just have to let the pictures speak for themselves when they're released.
thank you!! i don't understand what all of the hubub is about. beyonce and victoria beckham are clients. this isn't about something theoretical or in our fashion fantasies, these women are the real deal. like them or not. their husbands basically have the entire tom ford wardrobe. another lady in that number? angelina jolie. her man also wears tom ford regularly. not surprisingly, in that context, she wore tom ford corseted number on the cover of the december vogue issue.

(source: npr.org)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VOGUE-Dec-2010-Angelina_Jolie.jpg (125.2 KB, 2 views)

backstage pass

^
That's Tom Ford?? Is it SS11?? Oh and I'm definitely about to sit here and read this entire article!!

20-11-2010
The future is stupid

source | scanned by MMA from US Vogue December 2010

21-11-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markese91 View Post
^
That's Tom Ford?? Is it SS11?? Oh and I'm definitely about to sit here and read this entire article!!
yep, they credited him.

V.I.P.

It all looks dated and garish. I was excited about this but it's looking exactly like what he was doing at Gucci/YSL, right down to the hair/makeup...he did it even better back then, all of this looks like a step back...even for him and more on Cavalli's level and even he has moved on from this dated way of dressing women.

no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR View Post
It all looks dated and garish. I was excited about this but it's looking exactly like what he was doing at Gucci/YSL, right down to the hair/makeup...he did it even better back then, all of this looks like a step back...even for him and more on Cavalli's level and even he has moved on from this dated way of dressing women.
and with comments like these, it's clear why he didn't release these pictures to be picked apart by the vultures in the blogosphere before they hit store shelves.

backstage pass

Ohh I so think Anna pulled rank on that one. I did some research on Sara Mower on that one. I don't really understand how Carine thought that she was going to use Sara and Anna wasn't going to find a way to run the story before she'd have the chance... Those things are neither here nor there though.

and I'm going to refrain from commenting on J'adore.

22-11-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
and with comments like these, it's clear why he didn't release these pictures to be picked apart by the vultures in the blogosphere before they hit store shelves.
Well said - and thank you for expressing it for the rest of us.

I am thrilled with the images that everyone has so kindly brought here!

It is so wonderful to have Mr. Ford designing for women again! My issue of Vogue should be in the mailbox any minute now!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, ford, gucci, life, tom