How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-01-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

i didn't realize domenico dolce and stefano gabanna invented the printed dinner jacket.

from the gucci spring/summer 2004

(source: gq-magazine.co.uk)

09-01-2011
fashion insider

^ Exactly what I thought

09-01-2011
fashion insider

i just uploaded this video that was in Tom Ford's website... since nobody ever uploaded it than I guess I will...

09-01-2011
DÔMMkammern

^^ this was on his site!? good lord! what an ego...

not that we didn't know about it, and that there isn't enough material in the slideshow to inflate anyone's selfesteem... let's just say he never ceases to surprise me

btw, THANK YOU mikeijames for your post. I almost collapsed when I saw that same comparison on swide (D&G owned) this morning

09-01-2011
backstage pass

i hate the comparison... i thought it was going to be like the same print or something... i was like really?? sirs, you are reaching and your leash is NOT that long. Let us not forget who's still in court. It's sad because I really did love my uncles Dolce and Gabbana and that was an ill placed cheap shot

10-01-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

tom ford is really on a media frenzy lately....

out.com

no tom ford, no thanks.

did i miss something?!?! red carpet fashion awards has indicated that tom ford has named kiera knightley as the face of the spring/summer 2011 campaign?!

Quote:
Keira Knightley For Elle UK March 2011
February 1st, 2011

British actress Keira Knightley gives us her signature pout as she graces the cover of Elle UK for their March 2011 issue.

Keira has also been selected to model Tom Ford’s first womenswear collection for six years, so it’s no surprise that she’s wearing pieces from his much-coveted debut women’s collection in the editorial.

It will be very interesting to see Keira wearing Tom Ford on the red carpet whilst promoting her new movie, “Never Let Me Go” which is out February 11th.

In her exclusive interview with Elle, Keira talks about the power of fashion and her own personal style.

The full shoot and interview appears in the March issue of Elle, out February 2nd. You can also check out the behind-the-scenes video at Elle UK.

Here are some extracts.

On her Chanel campaign: “There’s something about the story of the woman, the survivor nature of her. And that personality has continued within the whole house. It’s a very small group of people who do this enormous, huge, worldwide thing. I just thought, “Ooh, I’d quite like to look into your world.” You walk into the ateliers and it’s nearly like stepping back in time, even though it’s so modern and so current. The skill and the thought that goes into everything. I find it really interesting.”

On the most expensive thing she’s ever bought: “A pale sheepskin coat from Burberry. ‘My mum was like, “You cannot spend that amount of money on a coat”, and I was like, “No, you’re right I can’t, I can’t.” And then literally it was months, months of thinking about it and thinking, “I’m not going to do it, I’m not going to do it.” But then she said, “Right, if you’re going to buy it, you have to wear it all the time.” So I wore it every day last year and I’m going to wear it every day this year.”

On managing her workload: “I was literally going from job to job to job to job and any time off in between was promoting a job, or preparing for the next job. And it was exactly what I thought I wanted at the time and then I realised that I’d sort of hit a brick wall. I knew I wasn’t taking anything in. There’s this strange thing where I feel incredibly privileged and I think I have an incredible amount of guilt about that. And so I thought I had to work all the time.”
(source: redcarpet-fashionawards.com)

Ère de ℳodernité

I don't get it... Abbey Lee got the campaign, non?

Some Like It Hot

^No, that was the eyewear campaign.

Looking Up

Keira Knightley? It's probably one of the best celebrity choices. She's young (but not underaged or underdeveloped), she's really sophisticated and she has a cute accent

02-02-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
Keira Knightley? It's probably one of the best celebrity choices. She's young (but not underaged or underdeveloped), she's really sophisticated and she has a cute accent

while i agree, it's surprising he'd use chanel's seconds.

backstage pass

HOLD THE PHONE!! I stop getting on TFS for a week and this is what happens? Figures!

I wish he would have sort of "anointed" someone. Not in teh sense that she had to be new to acting but maybe new to the fashion industry..like hadn't done anything with anyone before. Hmm the jury is out on Keira as a choice. We'll see what happens at the Oscars.

02-02-2011
Looking Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
while i agree, it's surprising he'd use chanel's seconds.
I also thought about this, but truthfully who else is he going to go for?

02-02-2011
backstage pass

people are saying that she got it for 6 years.. someone tell me that people are reading it wrong. I took it to say she got it after his 6 year absence...

03-02-2011
Some Like It Hot

^No, what i think it's referring to is his break from Womenswear for 6 years ?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, ford, gucci, life, tom