How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Tom Ford to show in London

The hottest ticket at London Fashion Week?Undoubtedly the Tom Ford presentation, which his PRs have confirmed is really happening.

Ford spends quite a bit of time in London, and his company is based there, so it makes sense. But we naively thought that the New York extravaganza would be the last for a long while. Will Ford ruin the mystery by continuing to produce top-secret (but not really) shows? We’ve got to admit, we were kind of sick of the whole thing by time the clothes hit Vogue. And that’s the opposite of what Ford wanted.
Fashionsta

It's 2011 F/W, right?

Last edited by kasper!; 06-02-2011 at 09:48 PM.

07-02-2011
Some Like It Hot

^Yeah, it'll be F/W 2011.

no tom ford, no thanks.

tom ford's doing a noble thing by showing during london fashion week.

Some Like It Hot

I Wonder if while he's showing in London he'll be launching a store there ? as currently he is only stocked at Harrods.

Some Like It Hot

Quote:
With the fashion flurry that is Fashion Month fast approaching (NYFW kicks off in 3 sleeps!), the biggest buzz on the blogosphere is that the inimitable Tom Ford will be showing here in London. Yippee! How could we forget the highly-secretive, high-security showcase in New York last September when the superstar designer made a triumphant return to womenswear after a six year hiatus? Exactly. And now the gloriousness is coming to our very own city! It goes without saying that we are literally beside ourselves with excitement.

But hang on, dears. Before you start squealing at the prospect of spotting Ford’s gaggle of catwalking 'Swans' trotting about the town, the event won't be quite so showbizzy this time round. Instead, for his second Ready-To-Wear collection, Ford will be be holding intimate press appointments with international monthly magazine editors at his London showroom. Fashionologie is reporting that cameras will again be banned, except perhaps for Terry Richardson's. Hmm, was all the hype last time too, well, hyped, Mr Ford? And does this mean no catwalk, no narration, and no Beyonce? GULP. As ever, we’ll be kept in suspense until the very last moment...

Although the exact details remain a mystery, the high-profile addition to LFW’s schedule is great news for British fashion. Now, not only will we have Burberry pulling in the press - and the A-listers - but we can also count on the TF charms to bring the greatest Editrixes to our side of the pond. Yes, we’re talking Wintour, Alt, Dello Russo tackling the cobbled streets of Somerset House! Pah, who needs Julianne Moore anyway?

Oh, and while we're talking TF rumours, have you heard the one about Keira Knightley being the face of the brand for six whole years? Upon hearing this tasty morsel, Grazia Towers was, naturally, spun into a frenzy with memories of the naked English rose having her ear nibbled by a be-suited Ford on the cover of Vanity Fair. But alas. After a thorough investigation, Detective Grazia Daily can confirm it's nothing but a case of misunderstanding. And here's how it happened. A fashion magazine photographed Ms Knightley wearing the sexy Texan's eponymous label. The introduction to the photoshoot read: ‘Who better to model Tom Ford’s first womenswear collection for six years than Keira Knightley?’ referring to the designer’s first womenswear collection since 2004, NOT the pouty princess being his clothes horse for over half a decade. Oh dear. Whatever next? Rumours that Kelly Osbourne will be modelling for Madonna?! Oh, she is? Woops.
*Graziadaily

backstage pass

^^ I wouldn't be surprised if fords move to London opens the floodgates for returning designers. I was thinking about the implications with Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen under the gucci group umbrella. did he leave on good or bad terms and would this impact a move from Paris back to London?

07-02-2011
Some Like It Hot

^I heard that more influential designers will be returning to London this season, so maybe McQueen or McCartney could be returning ? or even Galliano ? and there is rumor of Victoria Beckham showing in London too.
i was expecting Tom to show in London soon, with him being based there, it only makes sense.

no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Wood View Post
^^ I wouldn't be surprised if fords move to London opens the floodgates for returning designers. I was thinking about the implications with Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen under the gucci group umbrella. did he leave on good or bad terms and would this impact a move from Paris back to London?
my sentiments exactly. i haven't heard any stories about tom ford has a sullied relationship with the designers at the gucci group. from what i recall, the separation from the gucci group had more to do with creative control and compensation than with soured relations.

backstage pass

idk so much about floodgates but i do think that people will move there. It will allow them to have a space to shine more methinks.

20-02-2011
backstage pass

Stunning Tom Ford presentation featuring Natasha Poli, Fei Fei, Jourdan, Daphne, Marija. Bold jewel colours, lace and beaver !

from the lovemagazine twitter

20-02-2011
Wanderlust

Oh great, now we have to wait again to see this amazingness. Pff.

20-02-2011
V.I.P.

^
yep, maybe it will appear on vogue scans 3 months from now

20-02-2011
V.I.P.

.. wait so tom ford presentation is an exclusive collection again like previous???

V.I.P.

Quote:
And let's be honest: only Ford could get those girls (Karlie, Jourdan, Abbey Lee, Arizona, Natasha, Anja and so forth) to do a presentation.
twitter.com/derekblasberg

windowshopping

3 Asian faces did this presentation.They're Liu Wen,Fei Fei and Bonnie Chen.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, ford, gucci, life, tom