How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-06-2013
V.I.P.

the problem isn't so much that Henry is bulky. i love that about him (mmmmhhhhh.... hunky men).

he just doesn't know how to dress, nor does he seem to have a good stylist. his own style makes me cringe really hard. i'm sure he looked into the mirror and was like 'hey, i'm looking good!'.

no Hollywood stylist worth their money would have let their A list client leave the house, looking like some mid western politician.

14-06-2013
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Jennifer Lopez attends the 4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York at The Plaza Hotel on June 13, 2013 in New York City. (June 12, 2013 - Source: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images North America)

V.I.P.

^I loved the gown on Marisa Berenson (she wore it on the show), but Jennifer is doing it justice as well. The color is absolutely incredible.

Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Actor Bradley Cooper attends the Oscars held at Hollywood & Highland Center on March 2, 2014 in Hollywood, California.
(March 1, 2014 - Source: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America)

Some Like It Hot

Throwback Thursday for Tom -

In 2006 Tom designed Malin Johansson's wedding gown (but was never posted).

*Hellomagazine.com

Some Like It Hot

Stars who wore Tom Ford at the Met Gala 2014 -

Bradley Cooper

Tom Brady

Benedict Cumberbatch

Jonathan Tisch

*Style.com & Zimbio.com

backstage pass

Quote:
TOM FORD PULLS OUT OF LONDON FASHION WEEK

One of London Fashion Week’s star designers, Tom Ford, has announced plans to move his womenswear catwalk show to LA next season. Due to be presented on 20 February, it will mark the first time Ford has shown his collection in the Californian city, outside the schedules of the four main fashion weeks.

“I have loved LA since I first moved there from New York in the early 1980s,” said Ford. “[His partner] Richard and I have had a home there and divided our time between LA and Europe for the past 20 years and have always felt a deep-rooted connection to the city.

"So many visuals in our world are filtered through Los Angeles, including music, television and film, and in this way it influences global fashion in a profound way,” he continued. “Like fashion, film is also a creative endeavour that is extremely important to me. I am excited to bring these two aspects of my life together by presenting the collection in Los Angeles.”

Ford’s contributions to the film world are well known, particularly his Academy Award-nominated 2009 feature A Single Man, starring Colin Firth. The move is risky, though. His LA show will coincide with the opening of London Fashion Week, and the fashion community will have to decide whether Ford’s star power is worth the cost of flying from New York to LA and missing the first day of shows in London.
harpersbazaar.co.uk

Bitter much?

Wanderlust

I do not like this idea. Why does he not show in Milan or Paris or even NYC ? I love Tom Ford, but he is annoying me very much lately ...

26-09-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodencebt View Post
harpersbazaar.co.uk

Bitter much?
I think they will fly to see his show, or catch it online. LA fashion week is not really the same thing as any of the other major fashion cities. His clothes are really parisian and he should show in paris imo. But I guess he like to be near home, especially considering his age.

.my prison is your brain.

Somewhere Slimane is soooo jealous he didn't think of this pretentious d*ckhead move first.

26-09-2014
backstage pass

That's actually quite a... brilliant move for Tom.

He's smart enough to know his brand of fashion just no longer is the stylequake it once was when he ruled at Gucci. His impact is no longer what it was-- if at all even. But, with LA, he gets the advantage of having all his movie star friends to be a part of it, which is so attractive to so many and will elevate his shows to an event. And, he himself will be the star designer of LA Fashion Week-- and may just give the city's irrelevance in the fashion industry the push it needs to be relevant-- so there's glory in that for Tom. Sure, his fashion may still be irrelevant, but movie stars brings in the crowd, no matter how crap the fashion may be. Just ask Anna.

Not a d*ckhead move at all.

26-09-2014
V.I.P.

^IA. imo as a designer in the grand scheme of fashion he´s become irrelevant. Might as well bring his show to LA where he´s coveted by movie stars...

26-09-2014
Fat Karl

As irrelevant as his shows are be claimed to be, his clothes, in my opinion, are more relevant than most "hot-ticket" designers working today.

Go to one of his stores and check out the clothes in person. The quality, fit, attention to detail and ease of his clothes are so INFINITELY more appealing, seductive and desirable than ANYTHING produced by someone who is "relevant" like Raf Simons for Dior, for example. I've seen those clothes in person at Dior stores, and let me tell you...they're horrific. Terrible construction, terrible fit, terrible fabrics, terrible colors, terrible embellishments. It's just rotten. So if Raf Simons/Dior is what is "relevant" now, then God help us all.

barcode

Honestly I'm not sure that I get or agree with this move. It just doesn't make much sense to me, but then I suppose it doesn't have to.

As for the question of his relevance, considering how many younger designers have referenced and continue to reference (whether intentionally or not) his so called "irrelevant" work from the past, there should be no question at all.

26-09-2014
V.I.P.

Honestly I am quite amused to see him fall, simply because of how arrogant and pretentious he is. But sure, his dated, distorted, sexist, shallow, plastic vision of fashion and femininity comes right after.

About the LA move, that's so stupid. It's better to stay in London or whatever other capital and deal with the bad reviews than become permanently irrelevant.

Last edited by Marc10; 26-09-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, ford, gucci, life, tom