How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-09-2010
God Save McQueen

why is everyone bothered about celebrities wearing the clothes? its who we are going to see wearing them in magazines and on the red carpets in the end anyway.

besides, beyonce and victoria won't even go to mailbox without wearing designer. they are the ultimate clients for this.

12-09-2010
trendsetter

I absolutely hate whoever started the Gemma rumor. It was cruel. Modeling hasn't been the same since she left it.

scenester

Quote:
Tom Ford’s Very Small, Glamorous Show
By CATHY HORYN
When you’re Tom Ford, and you’ve been away from women’s fashion for six years, more than likely you’ve thought a great deal about your return, perhaps even plotted it down to the last buttonhole. That was the feeling imparted by Mr. Ford’s extraordinary show tonight, held in his men’s store on Madison Avenue before an audience of perhaps 100 editors. He had thought out every detail of the clothes and accessories, not least the kind of women whose glamour and personalities would express his ideas about dressing.

Mr. Ford narrated the show, with a touch of camp, calling out the name of each woman and then giving a lively, detailed description of her outfit. Though there had been rumors that Julianne Moore and some other well-known women would be in the show, I don’t think anyone in the audience expected such a dazzling cast. In addition to Ms. Moore, he had Beyonce Knowles, Emmanuelle Seigner, Lauren Hutton, Rita Wilson, Rachel Feinstein, Marisa Berenson, Daphne Guinness, Lisa Eisner, Farida Khelfa, Lou Doillon, as well as quite a few supers, including Joan Smalls, Liya Kebede, Amber Valletta, Daria Werbowy, and Stella Tennant.

Each looked sensational, and as individual as she could be. Asked if she had to think twice about being in the show, Ms. Knowles said afterward, as the models and guests poured onto the narrow runway, “Absolutely not!” She laughed. “Look at these clothes.”

They were the height of glamour — sharp pantsuits in black silk or a leopard pattern, gorgeous black evening clothes with sheer blouses, corsets and maybe a shrug in shredded tulle, impeccable details like hammered gold jewelry, stilettos with ankle ties and seamed black stockings. The style was recognizably Tom Ford, chic and womanly, and with that big-time sense of fashion that one sees less and less of today on the runways.

The women each looked sensational and individual
http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com

rising star

Beyonce leaving Tom Ford private showing.

Iris I see you qwral! lol

twitter

tfs star

Wow!!

Why no images

Madeleine Vionnet.
12-09-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janard Williams View Post
Beyonce leaving Tom Ford private showing.

Iris I see you qwral! lol

twitter
I think that´s Stella Tennant

Madeleine Vionnet.
12-09-2010
Hell on Heels

Quote:

They were the height of glamour — sharp pantsuits in black silk or a leopard pattern, gorgeous black evening clothes with sheer blouses, corsets and maybe a shrug in shredded tulle, impeccable details like hammered gold jewelry, stilettos with ankle ties and seamed black stockings. The style was recognizably Tom Ford, chic and womanly, and with that big-time sense of fashion that one sees less and less of today on the runways.

MUST SEE NOW. OMG.

12-09-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

my imagination is running WILD at even the descriptions!!! frida better watch her back.

V.I.P.

^^^^^ hahahah so true , bitch should watch out lol

13-09-2010
barcode

We'll all have to thank Cathy for fanning the flames even more. The anticipation is going to kill me, it definitely is.

13-09-2010
tfs star

Wow, Beyonce looks amazing from what I can see. But do we really need to wait until january?

13-09-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
We'll all have to thank Cathy for fanning the flames even more. The anticipation is going to kill me, it definitely is.
we can share the heart medication...

Mr. Magic

Quote:
>> On this rainy evening in New York, Tom Ford welcomed a select few editors and guests to his Madison Avenue boutique for a secret preview of his womenswear relaunch, where they were met by "a group of beautiful greeters clad in black tie, each holding an oversized Tom Ford umbrella." Inside, Ford treated guests like Anna Wintour, Joe Zee, Nina Garcia, and Carine Roitfeld, seated in gilded bamboo chairs, to a couture-style presentation in which he introduced every model and garment, controlling the volume of the show's music as he talked, and beginning each time with a "Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce . . ."

He explained that he chose "women that inspired him" to model the clothes, and as Terry Richardson — Tom Ford's go-to campaign photographer — and his team documented the entire event, out came a parade of modelsincluding Du Juan, Liu Wen, Karlie Kloss, Lakshmi Menon, Abbey Lee Kershaw, current Tom Ford eyewear face Freja Beha Erichsen, Anja Rubik, Daria Werbowy, Karen Elson, Natalia Vodianova, Liya Kebede, Stella Tennant, Chanel Iman, Amber Valletta, past Tom Ford eyewear face Carolyn Murphy, Monika "Jac" Jagaciak, Lauren Hutton, and Joan Smalls in an afro, of whom Ford said, "And she just turned me straight . . ."

Mixed in with the models were a number of notables — Marisa Berenson, Rita Wilson, Julianne Moore, who blew kisses at her daughter in the audience, Farida Khelfa, Lisa Eisner, Julia Restoin Roitfeld, Lou Doillon, Rachel Feinstein, Emmanuelle Seigner, Rinko Kikuchi in a "silk tulle grapefruit sheer dress with velvet trim [and] ankle strap flats in sugar pink," and Beyonce "wiggling" in a "gold sequined dress," her sister Solange "whooping" from the audience, as Tom Ford introduced her: "I'm definitely straight now." Closing the show was Daphne Guinness, of whom Ford noted: "Diamond and platinum jewelry, all her own."

Although no other photographers beside Richardson were allowed and photos reportedly won't be released until January, there are descriptions. From Jim Shi: "[An] emphasis on form in the leopard pantsuits, suede trench, cobalt blue silk fringe column, deep olive shirt, leather biker jacket . . . a lot of silk georgette, 18kt gold, hand painted python, lots of fringe." From Nina Garcia: "Clothes very specialized as well as accesories. 18k gold cuffs. Tailored suits over the moon red carpet and cocktail dresses." From Joe Zee: "Silk fringe gown, crisp tuxedos in blk and white, leopard pantsuits, corsets under peekaboo gowns and lace kneeboots." And from Cathy Horyn: "[The collection was] the height of glamour — sharp pantsuits in black silk or a leopard pattern, gorgeous black evening clothes with sheer blouses, corsets and maybe a shrug in shredded tulle, impeccable details like hammered gold jewelry, stilettos with ankle ties and seamed black stockings."
fashionologie

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15
13-09-2010
V.I.P.

I am dying to see this. I can't wait till January.

13-09-2010
Wanderlust

I am so angry right now. No pictures, but yet little descriptions that are saying something without saying anything. We've got so many months to go !!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, ford, gucci, life, tom