How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-03-2010
Ère de ℳodernité

Tom Ford : Life after Gucci #2
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

Quote:
Tom Ford Has Designs . . . For Lipstick

If you thought Tom Ford would stop his foray into beauty products with his high-end fragrances, you've got another think coming, lady.
Fresh from the success of his film A Single Man, the former Gucci designer is launching a line of lipstick. The Private Blend Lip Color collection will be, in Tom's words, his interpretation of 12 classic colours. "I took the most universally flattering colours that a woman can wear, and then I reimagined them in a modern and authoritative way," he told WWD.
They'll launch in Europe in April and then Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman will carry Tom Ford lipstick when it launches Stateside on June 1. No word yet on whether we'll see it on Australian shores so it'll be online shopping or a trip to Paris (either, either) for us.
Each shade will come in a chic ivory and gold case and the formula contains moisturising murumuru butter and soja seed. Excited? Looking forward to having a piece of this luxury on your lips?
- BELLASUGAR.COM.AU

Last edited by classicalbang; 06-04-2010 at 04:39 AM.

07-04-2010
Some Like It Hot

The Dvd Release of A Single Man is 7th June 2010 (in the UK) i would assume thats the same in every country, or near enough around that date

Ère de ℳodernité

I heard he designed this dress:

ZIMBIO.COM

barcode

He did. He designed a white cap sleeved dress for her during the Single Man premiere rounds as well.

25-04-2010
fashion insider

I don't remember from which show, but I'm quite sure there was a Versace dress very similar to that one.

windowshopping

I believe there are a lot of threads dedicated to Tom Ford in his post-Gucci life and I find this incredible. I adore the man; he's awesome in so many ways. but is it possible to move past his accomplishments at Gucci? I know it's what sprang him to stardom but Ford, as an artist, as a businessman, as a man, has really surpassed those Gucci and YSL days. He's bigger than that, better than that. Why not call the thread simply, "Tom Ford?" On that same note, I'm really excited for his beauty line. I read about it in Vogue and he talked rather interestingly about his tastes and how he plans to incorporate that into beauty, and he really is amazing. It was a little tidbit, but it was good. Also, I endorse his interviews on Charlie Rose; they're online at Charlie Rose's website. I think Ford is happy and really coming into his own as a creative force beyond fashion and past Gucci, which is wear I'd like to see him, even though his current menswear is heavenly.

scenester

This is my man. ¿Someone knows when he presented his women's collection?

I adore him.

Some Like It Hot

^i think Vogue.co.uk said if they secured investors quickly enough then he could show during Spring/Summer 2011 Paris Fashion Week in October, but he has already started to assemble his design team so investors must have been secured, hopefully

DÔMMkammern

^^and he has sold a warhol for $32M... HE is the investor!

25-06-2010
Some Like It Hot

^if i remember rightly he said they would need around $200 million (i think) because he wanted to make sure he had stores that he could actually sell the clothes in (outside of department stores)
but maybe he has used the $32M to start the process on its way ?

front row

needs $200 million? wow, how much does he have now (according to our estimates)? his earnings from the menswear line, the movie, and other misc earnings??

25-06-2010
scenester

So he's expanding his now men-only brand to include women? Is that the deal with the 2011 showing?

26-06-2010
scenester

I have heard that he will present the collection in Milan. I want to present his collection next season, without him I wouldn't have hope in the current fashion.

Last edited by Marie Ó Rouge; 26-06-2010 at 10:28 AM.
27-06-2010
DÔMMkammern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
^if i remember rightly he said they would need around $200 million (i think) because he wanted to make sure he had stores that he could actually sell the clothes in (outside of department stores)
but maybe he has used the $32M to start the process on its way ?
oh! for some reason i thought he said $80M!!
so i thought the 32 would be of greater help, no?
anyway, it's evident he can't be the one and only investor. But hey! it's Tom Ford, one of the few that in spite of the crisis has continued to grow his business, it shouldnt be all that hard to find investors :p (i want him to do womenswear so baaaad!!!!)

27-06-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

^i suspect the tom ford lipstick launch might actually help toward finding money to invest in the womenswear line as well. i don't think he'll blow all of his own personal money on this venture....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, ford, gucci, life, tom