How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
Ugh, again with the "he lives in 2004" mumbo-jumbo (as if 2004 is somehow a different era). Why, because he doesn't care about what the hipper-than-thou are wearing on the street? Because he doesn't show every single one of his collections with what's meant to look like dirty bed hair and no makeup? Because as opposed to looking intentionally disheveled or quirky it's pulled together and done?

AND the judgement's being offered after seeing four looks, three of which are extremely unlike his usual fare (bike shorts, hoodies, boxy knitwear).

If he's stuck in 2004 I'd be happy to stay stuck with him, because fashion was a hell of a lot more fun and fabulous back then.
Word the f**k up!

19-09-2012
fashion elite

love it. don't care what anyone says, never will in this regard. tom ford is everything. the end.

19-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelWhore4 View Post
You don't know what you're talking about. I mean do you even remember what he was doing in 2004? The look of that era was boho chic and he barely touched that. He was and is still all about luxe glamour. Nothing about what we've seen so far is even close to that era.
I agree with this statement, And I love that about him, everyone is not going to like everything, and thats fine, but what I like about him is his some-what predictablity, meaning you can always look to him for luxury and sex, and thats what he likes and I love that he doesnt follow the trends or change with the wind, He has his own look and style. people act like Marc Jacobs can do no wrong and I dont like everything he does. Everyone can have an opinion and its ok to not agree.

Last edited by high maintenance; 19-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.
19-09-2012
front row

this looks like kanye's first collection, haha.

19-09-2012
V.I.P.

^LOL, don't say anything bad about this! Apparently this is the best thing that ever happened to humanity!
Plus Kanye's was really bad, this is not bad, just outdated. And I can't find the "luxurious" anywhere.

Last edited by zacatecas570; 19-09-2012 at 06:09 PM.
19-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
^LOL, don't say anything bad about this! Apparently this is the best thing that ever happened to humanity!
Plus Kanye's was really bad, this is not bad, just outdated. And I can't find the "luxurious" anywhere.
ikr

front row

ASIDE from the needlessly fueled and pretentious commentary, these looks are quite alright, but i do have a sweet spot for the sheer hoodie/ semi-sheer skirt combo, so good!

19-09-2012
front row

^^I cant wait for the rest of the collection, I love the first two looks, minus the shoes, I'm not really a knee/thigh high boot kinda girl. But I hear its quite different from his norm

19-09-2012
barcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
I assume you've never seen his clothes in person because, outdated or not (and that is of course subjective) there's no denying how beautifully made and intricately detailed they are. That's just a simple fact.

19-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
If he's stuck in 2004 I'd be happy to stay stuck with him, because fashion was a hell of a lot more fun and fabulous back then.
Absolutely. All I have to say.
I need to see the full collection to form an opinion, but I do like what I see here. The silver dress with the black mesh looks gorgeous, as does the white hood+skirt combo. And the shoes looks absolutely great. Is it wrong that I'm dying to see how that jockstrap-back swimsuit looks, though?

19-09-2012
barcode

^ No, that makes me extremely curious too, if only because of its "wtf?" factor.

19-09-2012
barcode

Another preview shot on the left, from NYTimes.com

19-09-2012
trendsetter

Oh, love it.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
19-09-2012
front row

I love the jacket but not the shorts

19-09-2012
fashion icon

I want to see more but initially I love his thigh high boots.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, ford, london, s or s, tom