How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2012
tfs star

<3 the shoes! I think some of ya'll are just overly critical because it's Tom Ford. I think the look book serves its purpose. The simple outfits are shown with the bags so that you can see the bags. Its probably his upcoming line of body wear or something for all we know. There are stunning piece in there, and I bet the hollywood set cant wait to wear them especially that black dress (3rd last) and the one on Miss Bijoch.

02-10-2012
fashion elite

i have to wonder when the last time some of you were in h&m or what product your h&m has that mine doesn't because to compare this to anything by h&m is reaching in every way.

02-10-2012
V.I.P.

except for the bike shorts, leggings and hoodies, i'm all for this!

beautifully cut jackets, even like those japanese bondage details lol

02-10-2012
V.I.P.

Smarmy... this is sooooo bad!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
02-10-2012
V.I.P.

I wish people would stop referring to this as being 'very 2004'. Umm, I don't know if anyone who made that statement can remember what people were wearing in 2004, but it certainly wasn't snake-skin, hooded tops etc. That was back in 2000 .

Anyway to me I can't see that many references to his Gucci/YSL era. It's got a strong 1960s vibe to it. Whilst I don't think that this format flatters his clothes at all, I have to say that there are things I love about this collection, like the cashmere (?) tops, shoes (sickening) and especially the closing looks that look like they were made from metallic bee-hive patterns. Great.

02-10-2012
fashion insider

It's a great collection for people with bad taste

V.I.P.

^ Well good and bad taste is subjective .

02-10-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelaid View Post
i have to wonder when the last time some of you were in h&m or what product your h&m has that mine doesn't because to compare this to anything by h&m is reaching in every way.
In quality terms this collection cannot be compared to anything from H&M...but talking about its style...well, there is only missing a 19.95$ sign next to each garment.
I cannot see the normal sense of sophistication from Tom.

02-10-2012
front row

Love it. Gucci would be so awesome if he was still around. This is a powerful woman.

02-10-2012
backstage pass

I at least like the shoes...

11-01-2013
fashion insider

Reading this threat was the best 4 minutes of my day.

This look awful! May we remember how horrible Tom was in the early "00", the tackiness, countless poorly executed frocks he used to he used to send down the runway (always a boob popping out)...he is stuck in the past. Nothing special here, just terribly cheap looks ing fabrics.

If Tom Ford wasn't on top of this thread I would of thought it was Mandy Coon or something which would be expectable because she is a relatively new designer but the fact that Tom all the best resources at his fingertip but spits out this crap is very upsetting.

Its one thing to be retro or vintage its another thing to be outdated.

I'll give him credit for the knee brace, They should be arriving soon in a pharmacy near you

12-01-2013
backstage pass

Woah! Talk about a fitted silhouette. I do like it, but it feels like there's maybe a bit too much going on, from softer evening classics to hard, edgy biker, to impeccably tailored, to grungier deconstructed looks. Still, individually I like most of the pieces.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, ford, london, s or s, tom