How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-09-2013
fashion insider

Tommy Hilfiger S/S 2014 New York

Photos courtesy of style.com

09-09-2013
fashion insider

09-09-2013
fashion insider

09-09-2013
fashion insider

09-09-2013
fashion insider

09-09-2013
fashion insider

09-09-2013
backstage pass

I abolsutely love this! it looks so tasty and colorful and sporty, and I would absolutely die for some of those pants.

09-09-2013
fashion insider

Very delicious...it's like a modernized adaption of all that surf apparel I saw back on '01 and '02

Those pants are indeed spectacular.

fashion icon

This was wonderful. IDK if anyone will be able to top the color palette of Tommy this season. The colors are amazing!

09-09-2013
V.I.P.

His S/S collections always top the F/W for me. Whilst I don't find this as glorious as the previous two Spring collections, I think that TH managed to work the surf inspiration into some beautiful shaped and coloured pieces, particularly the opening dresses.

In fact the closing print dresses were everything Alexander Wang S/S 2012 tried to be and failed. That doesn't excuse those basketball jersey tops though, which is the only thing I can fault here.

09-09-2013
V.I.P.

I'm conflicted. I HATE those zippered pants at the beginning, and everything's too sporty for my taste. The color palette's awesome though.

09-09-2013
trendsetter

I couldn't vision anyone wearing the zipper pants, skirt and shorts in post #2! You'd have to have a model figure yourself to pull them off successfully.

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

wow so different from the usual Tommy Hilfiger I like it, shes like the younger funkier sister of the Michael Kors woman

09-09-2013
fashion icon

Best collection from his line recently, I love it very sporty and luxury.

10-09-2013
fashion insider

September 09, 2013 New York
By Brittany Adams

Tommy Hilfiger brought the beach to New York City for his Spring runway show today, trucking in tons of sand to transform Pier 94 into a shoreside boardwalk. The impressive set complemented the West Coast theme of the new collection, which paid tribute to California's scuba, skate, and surf cultures. While those laid-back, sun-kissed lifestyles have already been well referenced by the fashion community in recent seasons, they dovetailed perfectly with Hilfiger's signature preppy, athletic aesthetic—a match made in Malibu. Classic polo dresses were updated in bright neoprene-bonded leather, for example, which gave the country club staple a modern structure. The high-tech material got a lot of mileage here. It was used on rash guard-style tops and cutout maillot swimsuits, which looked particularly fresh layered underneath a double-breasted chambray suit. Additionally, dark-wash jeans and denim shorts came backed in the stretchy scuba stuff, and the hybrid result was ultra-flattering.

Keeping his finger on the pulse, Hilfiger also included several sporty jerseys that added some on-trend street cred to the mix, including the luxurious leather one Joan Smalls donned, which was embroidered with the number "1." "I've been seeing cool girls in the East Village rocking Knicks jerseys as dresses, and they just feel right," Hilfiger said at a preview. He was right about that. These clothes were ultimately what girls want to be wearing now.

Source: style.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, hilfiger, s or s, tommy, york