How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-02-2012
trendsetter

Uma Wang F/W 12.13 Milan

vogue.co.uk

26-02-2012
trendsetter

vogue.co.uk

26-02-2012
trendsetter

vogue.co.uk

27-02-2012
V.I.P.

Never heard of this designer before but I love it Thanks for making this thread!

27-02-2012
V.I.P.

one of best show in milan .this designer is from china i think

27-02-2012
Stitch:the Hand

an acquaintance of mine posted about some of her work a few days ago on her facebook and i was genuinely taken by it actually. especially from the context i saw it. this definitely has a striking similarity to demeulemeester and yohji but it's nice....certainly a breath of fresh air compared with the the generally ostentatious nature of milan.

27-02-2012
V.I.P.

WOW -I love this! Everything looks so comfortable and yet very dramatic. I want to wrap myself in some of these knits right now and curl up with a good book or march down the street - either would work. :p

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
28-02-2012
V.I.P.

This show/collection isn't even mentioned at style.com, at least not when I looked, yet I have come back here three times now to look at it. I wonder why it isn't there? It's definitely interesting - I love that two-toned sleeveless coat, some of the dresses and long knits. Anyhow, hopefully she gets more recognition going forward...

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
29-02-2012
trendsetter

did alexander wang join this?

29-02-2012
trendsetter

^No,there's nothing to do with AW at all,they just share the same last name..like what Vera Wang do..
Uma Wang is kind of well-known in china as a fashion designer,she is also an alumnus of Central Saint Martins.
And I think she just made a successful debut in milano.
Here's her official website

29-02-2012
fashion insider

I have noticed her work, especially last FW's outstanding collection, which was strong, dramatic, and original, very impressive. This is why I am hesitating in stating my opinion about this collection...

I'm very sorry to say I'm not so taken by this collection - it's a bit derivative - Antwerpen like older collections of Ann D, Yohji Yamamoto, etc., floppy, shapeless, rustic, etc.

Don't understand the limp hair and energy-sapping presentation either - black on black on black simply sucks all the light out of the collection.

It's perplexing because the trends were moving towards HER direction, firmer, stronger lines and volumes, high contrast textures, so don't understand why she would do this....it's like a step backwards, imho.

I will still look forward to her future collections, as last FW was truly beautiful.

Last edited by Zazie; 29-02-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, f or w, milan, uma, wang