How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2007
scenester

Gorgeous, sublime collection...

The runway presentation and styling may seem blah, but hers are the pieces that always look better in real life.

02-10-2007
V.I.P.

..wow, I usually prefer her darker FW collections but this is exceptionally romantic yet not girly...the slit sleeved trench is to-die-for and the colors, wow, I'm in love

PopWillEatItself

PARIS, October 2, 2007 – Veronique Branquinho is celebrating a decade in business. To mark the occasion, images of her clothes in magazines over the years flashed at the back of the runway and a group of girls in argyle capes from her Fall collection marched out to distribute copies of A Magazine, a fashion publication the designer recently guest-curated.

For Spring, as has been her wont lately, Branquinho treaded ever so lightly among today's trends, making them subtly her own. We've seen lots of long on the runways, and she cut her bright cotton Victorian skirts, tie-dye dresses, and pleated and tiered evening numbers down to the floor. The season's improbably everywhere pant, the dhoti, was in the mix. And the colors were strong: yellow, green, and royal blue. In the midst of all this were a several jackets—the best being a lanky black blazer—that demonstrate why she'll be still be around in 2017.

One nagging thought: The anniversary might've offered a chance to explore the sharp, yet feminine, tailoring that, in the late nineties, won Branquinho legions of fans as fastidious and understated as she is. Witness the fabulous black pantsuit she took her bow in, trailing a silk scarf behind her: It was grown-up and cool, and some in the audience left craving a bit more of the same.

– Nicole Phelps

from vogue.com

05-10-2007
V.I.P.

very girly, light and chic .. love it .. not my personall style tbh but i like the dresses

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
08, branquinho, paris, s or s, veronique