How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2011
front row

Truly stunning collection.

08-03-2011
fashion icon

Well it's surely beautiful collection but i just feel like they've already showed this stuff before and nothing new at all.

08-03-2011
rising star

Beautiful, but I wish there was more sensuality. Not vulgar sensuality, but free, womanly sensuality. It's as if it's too prim.

08-03-2011
fashion elite

It's pretty, but I really wish they'd move on from this. I really miss the glamour that Valentino once had, it had a boldness that required a woman, not a girl, to wear them.

09-03-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ Great point by both you and Ada, I miss the womanly splendor as well.

09-03-2011
V.I.P.

Even though they get little respect, I think that Chiuri and Piccioli have quietly revolutionized their segment of fashion. I like their designs well enough but I personally prefer something more adult and glamorous, but fashion is not lacking in this area, you have Oscar de la Renta, Dior, Gaultier, Elie Saab, Giambattista Valli, Monique Lhuillier and others, so other than a red dress, is Garavani aesthetic from the last twenty years of his career really missed? To me the answer is yes, the fashion is missed and the showmanship is definitely missed, but I think that fashion is better because of Chiuri and Piccioli's re-introduction of Valentino's early aesthetic. I remember a few years back when Miley Cyrus was first getting popular and how she tended to look like she was either going to the prom or wearing her mother's dress, there really wasn't much for someone like her to choose from outside of ugly Miu Miu and skanky Herve Leger and Chiuri and Piccioli's Valentino changed that, and eventually other designers like Dior joined in.

I would definitely like to see Chiuri and Piccioli evolve their aesthetic, and especially their color palette, because as I stated earlier I can all but smell mothballs when I look at some of their stuff, and perhaps if they got more respect - although they are certainly not above reproach, they would have the confidence to take on the niche that Garavani served before he retired, however, once again it should be noted that that niche is being well served.

Last edited by agee; 09-03-2011 at 10:45 AM.
09-03-2011
fashion elite

Valentino - F/W 11.12 - Full Fashion Show (Exclusive on You Tube)

V.I.P.

Love the victorian inspired pieces!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, paris, valentino