Valentino Haute Couture F/W 08.09 Paris - Page 12 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-06-2017
fashion insider

Beautiful and very romantic collection.

A nod to old Valentino and it also feels a bit futurist in some of the silhouettes and the structure of the clothes. I think this collection has really aged well too.

Sad that politics got in the way

06-06-2017
Fat Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese06 View Post
I think this collection has really aged well too.

Sad that politics got in the way
I was thinking the same thing as I revisited this thread with the video bump. It's aged wonderfully. Everything still looks very fresh.

I was obviously a big fan of this collection judging by my comments here almost 10 years ago at this point! Haha! Time flies in fashion, doesn't it?! Which is all the more a testament to how well designed and well executed this collection was. So many ideas, so many innovative and creative ways to update traditional couture embellishments and flourishes. Also - the mood was so right and so fresh for Valentino...a kind of cleaned up, slightly more "high fashion," less red carpet vision of the house. This collection really struck a great balance of femininity and beauty without ever veering into a saccharine, super young territory.

In fact, maybe what I liked so much about Pierpaolo's Spring/Summer 2017 solo couture collection was that is almost seemed to hark back to this collection. That same super distilled, rarified and elevated, crystal clear Valentino. Grown up, not girly.

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 06-06-2017 at 03:56 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0809, couture, f or w, haute, paris, valentino