How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-07-2008
tfs star

Woow this is a beautiful collection, there's no doubt about it.

02-07-2008
backstage pass

I expected this collection to be a little watered-down but this is beyond my expectation...
This collection is so beautiful and it's eye for detail is amazing...

fashion icon

I think this collection is very stunning, I'm impressed now.

03-07-2008
V.I.P.

Before the week started, this was the one show I was looking forward to the most if for no other reason to answer the question "Can Alessandra do couture?". It's been answered with a big, resounding yes. Some of the pieces brought tears to my eyes. My favourites though have to be Olga's black dress and then Natasha's red minidress...as soon as I saw Natasha's dress, I knew this collection would be a winner.

03-07-2008
Tobias Funke

I love the whole collection, some of the pieces have an old school couture inspiration and i love that while remaining her lightweight feminitity. I really love this collection

NeverNude
03-07-2008
rising star

well, I'm not very fond of the whole. yet at least, I am surprised and impressed at some pieces as well as the first one on Vlada which have very elegant silhouette not just the shape. I think Alessandra has a talent for interpretation of romance.

03-07-2008
rising star

I wanted this review wrap quote tags around but the tools don't work for me so..PARIS, July 2, 2008 – First steps on a couture runway are daunting for any young designer, especially if she's following a master like Valentino. Alessandra Facchinetti carried it off with quiet grace and a point of view that promises to bring a breath of fresh air to the house. "I researched embroidery, looked at Van Dyck and contemporary paper sculpture," she said. "I was looking for a strong way to interpret romance, but without the usual sweetness."While maintaining respect for Valentino's oeuvre of pristine lunch suits, flowery embroidery, and red dresses, she managed to express her own flair for making chiffon flow and flutter in an immaculately wispy way. The Van Dyck reference gave her the idea for playing with lace in pale wool embroideries, laser-filigree cuffs, and buttons—all elements that contributed to her redrawing of the outlines of Valentino's classic suitings with curved, slightly space-age volumes. If there was a glitch, it lay in some of the overloaded embroideries made with knotted skeins of wool, minute silver plastic cogs, and tiny hemispherical domes of georgette and metal. (Understandable, though, because which designer wouldn't let the thrill of experimenting with the capabilities of Valentino's in-house sewing experts go to her head?) The result was too heavy when cut into some of her curviform suits, and the overembellishment similarly weighed down a hopsack strapless evening gown.What made that instantly forgiveable, though, were the moments when Facchinetti lightened up her designs with a waft of chiffon. There is something incredibly refined in her choices of barely-there tints of ivory, nude, eau de nil, dusty pink, and lilac, and in her finishes: miniscule rolled hems on trumpet sleeves, petal-like ruffles fluttering in the small of a back, and flyaway trains. As fragile as these might seem, they're a signature to build on, and one that Mr. Valentino, should he inspect this collection from afar, might feel rather happy to behold.– Sarah Mower style.com

03-07-2008
V.I.P.

Gorgeous shapes

V.I.P.

One of the best HC collections. I´m surprised by myself.

trendsetter

Some shapes are a little bit robotic, very new for Valentino I think, and some shapes are so fragile and soft. It's a very balanced mix . I love this organized cocktail of shapes and texture.
It's very special.
And it's Valentino.

fashion icon

Valentino new era. Eventhough I miss Valentino, but Alessandra was rocking the house. All the pieces were absolutely stunning.

03-07-2008
User Friendly

I do not miss the old Valentino, this collection is gorgeous.

03-07-2008
at the irish pub

This is the couture that i want Unique,soft,feminine and wearable!Love it

03-07-2008
V.I.P.

Hq

03-07-2008
V.I.P.

DPA & Matrix

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0809, couture, f or w, haute, paris, valentino