How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ you are absolutely furious aren't you? ive been reading all your comments in this thread

31-01-2009
scenester

classic valentino. i think that ppl have to give them a break! it's hard to follow valentino garavani and no one will ever be like him. i think it was better that they kept it classic and then they can work on being innovative with all their other collections. i think it was a job well done.

front row

^

can't disagree.

31-01-2009
barcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
I think I have to take back this statement. After watching their interview...I have to say they seem like incredibly talentless idiots.
Oh I dunno. I think they just seem like your run of the mill, garden variety sycophants.

31-01-2009
V.I.P.

Not a fan of Valentino myself, but I must say this collection reflects the very essence of Valentino couture........ Of course not originality whatsoever, straight to the source.

Look what happened last time someone got a bit creative at the house.

31-01-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcummi01 View Post
classic valentino. i think that ppl have to give them a break! it's hard to follow valentino garavani and no one will ever be like him. i think it was better that they kept it classic and then they can work on being innovative with all their other collections. i think it was a job well done.
For me it's not so much that it's a re-tread of Valentino, that was expected, but that it's clumsily done couture on its own never mind bothering to put it beside the other big names.

I started to look at them in HQ and could NOT get past the second coat: those damn hubcap roses were too, too painful to examine. I may never have really like much of Valentino couture for some time but I could never fault the craftsmanship.

vogue.co.uk

Be honest. Here's this dress on Karlie that sent me into gales of disbelieving laughter.

fashionlogie

Has Valentino ever put out anything this boring and prom-like? Who's going to pay tens of thousands of dollars for that? I don't care if they got monk children from the hills to make the cloth stitch by stitch, it's a cheap dress for couture. Marchesa puts out better dresses in RTW.

barcode

^ To me, that's the biggest flaw with this collection, not the fact that it's entire purpose seems to be just to worship at the Maestro's alter. The craftsmanship is downright appalling in some instances, like that green gown you posted. That draping looks messy and heavy-handed, two things that one should never be able to call a couture garment. Then the fact that it is, like you very rightly said, prom-like only makes it worse.

01-02-2009
trendsetter

the weaving part of that emerald dress is probably inspired by their famous couture bag that's my initial dejavu. it really looks too simple for couture, there are so many rtw gowns that look more exquisite/expensive than that...

Fat Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
Oh I dunno. I think they just seem like your run of the mill, garden variety sycophants.
That, too!

I realized that my post made it sound like I didn't think they were incredibly talentless idiots until after I saw the video...which is totally not true...I could tell that from the very first pictures we saw of the collection!

rising star

This looks so amateur. If you want to copy the archives, please at least copy them with better craftmanship. (Or should I say it this way, Mr Valentino, if you want them to copy your work, please make sure they copy them nicely.)

This is so bad.

30-05-2009
Geometric Discharge

This collection is abominable.
Was it me or were the clothes incredibly ill-fitting ? Can you imagine spending a literal fortune on one of these pieces for something that fit like a piece of crap?
The one dress that left a ? over my head was the light blue thing Myf Shepherd was hobbling about in . . it's actually appalling.

Please, if Facchinetti's haute couture collection didn't sell a single piece, this collection's sales must be in negative numbers.

24-07-2013
V.I.P.

Full Show in HQ

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, couture, haute, paris, s or s, valentino