How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-01-2011
V.I.P.

This is definitely not couture

26-01-2011
V.I.P.

nowfashion.com

26-01-2011
backstage pass

Im not completly disgusted...yet. They have done all of this kind of stuff before, Ruffles in the same places in the same shilouttes with the same color palette. The have no depth what so ever. I do how ever like the white dress with the tiny bows down the back and the nude halter top dress with the pleated skirt that Jac Jablonski is wearing. But the rest is just sad...

V.I.P.

Ruffles overload much?!!!

clo
V.I.P.

This is simply not couture. Valentino's collections have suffered a great deal after Valentino himself stopped designing them. His collections were extremely glamorous and a hymn to femininity. This could just as well be a rtw collection.

26-01-2011
V.I.P.

Love the make up & hair tho

V.I.P.

God this is TERRIBLE!
It's the same sh!t going OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again...ruffles,and young minimalism chic,soft colours...
There's one dress which is exactly copied from another one from FW10 collection

V.I.P.

ah, after i saw the whole collection, as usual, some looks good, some are just boringgg....

and i should agree this isn't couture, just like their usual RTW collection!
disappointed after waiting long time.. and nowfashion is so lame for updating..

better later i won't expect too much for this collection...

Last edited by apriliciate; 26-01-2011 at 01:31 PM.
26-01-2011
V.I.P.

So many ill-fitting dresses, I can't even count.

26-01-2011
tfs star

None of their collections have been distinctive. I wouldn't be able to tell one dress from one collection to one from another. Same ruffles, same color palette, same material.

26-01-2011
Plain Ol' Beautiful

Hey, ruffles per se are not a bad thing.

Yet those ruffles, yeah, not a fan of them.

You know I come here to hate on Tom and Jerry each and every time, and even after a couple of years (two or so? don't know) my hate still hasn't subsided.

They can't work with colour, obviously, too much powder there and my Nono Valentino was always such a master with delicious colouring.
They can't work with embellishments, it's either too much or nothing at all and it always looks silly and gimmicky, not like something someone (even if this is cotoure) would want to wear.
Ah, that's the main problem, they're so entirely uncovetable. What would you want out of those lace-ruffle-messes? If they'd give me one as a gift and I should choose, I'd still leave empty-handed.

Plus, I really don't want to be that new Valentino-Girl they're endorsing so feverishly, that flat-chested paleface of a mere fourteen years who seems to be much more of a fairy dressed in rags but a woman. As if that's who ends up buying Valentino. You can keep on sending those gowns to twenty-something Hollywood starlets, but the customer of this house used to be different. Way to f*ck with them, seriously.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenysha75 View Post
This is definitely not couture
my thoughts exactly best thing about this show... the shoes

26-01-2011
V.I.P.

AWFUL!!!
Too much like Fall 2010 collection and way too boring for couture!!!

26-01-2011
V.I.P.

Where's the glamour?
Where are the flawless red gown ?
Where's Valentino?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulan View Post
Hey, ruffles per se are not a bad thing.

Yet those ruffles, yeah, not a fan of them.

You know I come here to hate on Tom and Jerry each and every time, and even after a couple of years (two or so? don't know) my hate still hasn't subsided.

They can't work with colour, obviously, too much powder there and my Nono Valentino was always such a master with delicious colouring.
They can't work with embellishments, it's either too much or nothing at all and it always looks silly and gimmicky, not like something someone (even if this is cotoure) would want to wear.
Ah, that's the main problem, they're so entirely uncovetable. What would you want out of those lace-ruffle-messes? If they'd give me one as a gift and I should choose, I'd still leave empty-handed.

Plus, I really don't want to be that new Valentino-Girl they're endorsing so feverishly, that flat-chested paleface of a mere fourteen years who seems to be much more of a fairy dressed in rags but a woman. As if that's who ends up buying Valentino. You can keep on sending those gowns to twenty-something Hollywood starlets, but the customer of this house used to be different. Way to f*ck with them, seriously.
Irulan I am with you 100 percent. They dont have a clue as to what they are doing. They have no idea how to use color its always the same nudes and reds. And even when they do add different colors like the pale yellows and greens its always the same shade of it in each and every collection.

They love to over use lace too, and it looks like trash. They could atleast find different ways to use it but no, its always in the same places on the same types of garments stitched into chiffion and organza tops. Same thing with the ruffles. I love them and used the right way they can be extremly elegant but they dont know how to. Valentino used all of these elements in his designs but he knew how to use them to enchance the garment and the womans body.

I think they have forgotton that you cant do the same thing on a dress that you can a handbag. All they are really doing its taking iconic Valentino elements such as ruffles and flowers and just using them any way without giving any though as to how it would look on a women body.

I dont understand the obsession they have with this shy timid girl they say is the new Valentino icon. Its insane.

Last edited by Chris_Couture05; 26-01-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, couture, haute, paris, s or s, valentino