Valentino Haute Couture S/S 2016 Paris - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-01-2016
V.I.P.

^My only desire watching the show is getting into the video carrying a broom and sweep all the trash on the floor!

My gawwd, these two are so boring. I don't get why people love them so much.

27-01-2016
tfs star

Agreed. Its pretty but there's nothing that stands out and makes me go WOW! Theres no individualism in these gowns. They all look like a slight variation of the one before...

28-01-2016
V.I.P.

exquisite

28-01-2016
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Jo View Post
Agreed. Its pretty but there's nothing that stands out and makes me go WOW! Theres no individualism in these gowns. They all look like a slight variation of the one before...
And the show needs some serious editing, there are some nice things within the lineup but there is so much going on that the good looks get lost in the details.

28-01-2016
V.I.P.

They've had better and stronger offerings in the past. Again ( I'm pretty sure this is my armchair analysis for a lot of their collections lately), I think this collection could have stood for a lot of editing, when the color palette maintains a similar density and silhouette throughout, it just feels like it goes on and on. Long-winded, in a way? Unnecessary in another. There are some very lovely gowns, as well as some hints of fresh material in a couple silhouettes/themes, and it is pretty - some individual gowns are so delicately handled and exquisite - but it is just so terribly bland as a whole.

28-01-2016
front row

I do love this collection. Valentino always puts quality and exquisite masterpiece on a high level and makes no wrong. The best of 2016 SS Couture season!

28-01-2016
http://fashionworldstuff.

Start be boring.
Their Mirabilia Romae collection was gorgeous but
Valentino HC S/S 2016 is not my favorite. First 3 gowns and more few gowns are beautiful but the rest...There are any Valentino red gowns in collection , one red but with some print. It seems as they took something from their past HC collections, made some changes and the job is done. IMO.

28-01-2016
V.I.P.

not their best

i loved that yellow dress though, they really need to step away from the delicate details that are boring and overdone, and do more bold looks.

those body chain things looked painful on some of the girls, their skin went red!

backstage pass

I think Chanel and Valentino are the only haute couture houses left doing couture that actually looks the part. It's that sense of delicateness and lightness and exquisite that is so, so couture to me. The perfect fit and drape. They make luxurious and special pret-a-porter as well, but still they manage to clearly distinguish the two lines from each other.

Dior has been up and down with their couture collections, and this time they totally lost the game. JPG and all the others should just close it.

28-01-2016
barcode

The upside is that, as usual, it's pretty and easy to like.

The downside is that, as usual, it's pretty and easy to like.

Personally I've never had much use for anything that's easy to like. I'd rather be appalled than indifferent. Like, it would take legitimate energy on my part to either love or hate their work.

One could argue that Valentino himself rarely deviated from his uber-glamorous, high-voltage take on luxury, but even he made the same recipe feel fresh. Sometimes it was light and airy and youthful, sometimes it was dark and vampy, sometimes it was sweet and charming, sometimes it was fussy and pretty. And he did understand the value of some high drama. These two should get their asses into the archives and study a bit harder.

29-01-2016
chat~

I like it.. i really enjoy these two's approach to theme. And, I think they are good as trend setter

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2016, couture, haute, paris, s or s, valentino