How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-10-2011
Amour Comme Hiver

I find it funny, how Valentino Garavani made his name dressing divas... and this new duo seem to challenge themselves each and every semester to see just how sheer they can make the dowdiest silhouettes. I fail to see how this is so akin to the Valentino of Old the way many others do, but hey, that's just me.

On that note, this is definitely one of the least hideous collections they've released thus far.

05-10-2011
front row

I hope this statement makes sense, but because they're so incredibly repetitive- whenever they introduce a (subtle) new element into that repetitiveness, it really stands out (but in a really discreet manner). There's a little bit more vibrant/saturated pastels this season, I love faint mossy yellow and pink dresses.

But yes, it would be nice to see more pants/suit looks.....or something different. They've told the world that they're the master of light evening dresses and skirts above the knee.

06-10-2011
V.I.P.

The moodboards for the collection. I read on style.com about the Deborah Turbeville and Mexican references and I think it's very evident while looking at these photographs as well as the work Deborah captured in books like Casa No Name.
valmb1.jpgvalmb2.jpg

A page from Casa No Name by Deborah Turbeville (pictorial memoir of her San Miguel de Allende house & surroundings )

[bodieandfou.blogspot.com, eastnews.ru]

Obviously Piccoli and Chiuri's take is a lot more sugary, and also balanced with more modern sources (as seen in the moodboard on the left), but I think what they were aiming for can be found purely in some of these details.. the "puritan" use of lace I guess, and the dark looks perhaps. Anyway, I'm finding myself more attracted to this as I keep looking at it.

The jewelry is beautiful, btw.

Last edited by MulletProof; 06-10-2011 at 12:08 AM.
06-10-2011
fashion elite

Valentino | Spring Summer 2012 | Full Fashion Show | Exclusive on You Tube

...Next season please at least change the set!

09-10-2011
fashion insider

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, paris, s or s, valentino