How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-05-2009
V.I.P.

^Yeah with regard for the whole humble thing I have yet to meet a single humble person in the fashion industry. In fact, it appears as though the most aggressive, arrogant, & flippant workers get the furthest (from what I've observed anyway, I wish I was kidding).

Last edited by Fabulyss; 29-05-2009 at 04:30 PM.

29-05-2009
Stitch:the Hand

well that's really one of the treasures of branquinho and all belgians really. she has this willingness to allow her work to tell it's own story. there was always a modesty about she and her work that i admired. she refrained from the spotlight as much as she could and injected this sad world with a little integrity.

30-05-2009
V.I.P.

^^Very true, Scott. I echo that sentiment. It's a sad news for me since she's always been one of my fav Belgian talents.

Last edited by kiddokiddo; 30-05-2009 at 12:32 PM.
30-05-2009
trendsetter

From what I've seen, her work really looks great. Does she have her own thread?

no tom ford, no thanks.

one can't blame high street for a loss like this. when an insider-y label like this one goes down, it's the fashion constabulary that's to blame. it's not enough to admire what a designer does on a runway, one has to vote at the cash register.

thankfully, we won't lose her completely. i'm sure she'll continue mastery at delvaux. that brand has enough iconography to go after the marketshare of the goyards of the world.

it's just too bad it isn't the other way round--prada....closed! gucci...closed! LV...CLOSED!!!

and that's the terrible thing about this...it always affects the indies 9/10 times. talents with less disposable revenue.

25-06-2012
fashion insider

Veronique Branquinho returns to Ready-To-Wear
I didn't know if I should have made a new thread so I bumped this one

Quote:
Branquinho Returns

LAUREN MILLIGAN 25 June 2012

VERONIQUE BRANQUINHO is returning to fashion under her own name, three years after filing for bankruptcy. The designer - who most recently presented a lingerie collection with local label Marie Jo L'Aventure at Antwerp Fashion Week - is set to return to the ready-to-wear schedule in Paris, with a slightly lower-priced offering than her former eponymous brand.

Created along with Italian clothing manufacturer Gibň, who has reportedly also invested in her company, the collection will be a "bit more adult" than her former designs, Branquinho says.
"I've always been a no-nonsense girl, I think," the designer told WWD. "My approach is also like that and I think this is something people are looking for - honest things… Before, I had an independent company. I was responsible for everything. In this new situation, it feels so comfortable, because I'm only busy with the creative part."

"Gibň will focus on re-establishing the brand in quality stores around the world starting with ready-to-wear and shoes, followed in the future by accessories," the Italian manufacturer added.
http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/read...ule=hp-markets
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/06/...twalk-comeback

That can only be good news!

Last edited by Morphe; 25-06-2012 at 07:57 AM.
25-06-2012
V.I.P.

Great news indeed. Looking forward to seeing her new stuff. Thanks for posting

25-06-2012
fashion insider

Yeah I was so upset about her departure, really happy she is returning to her namesake label.

Once King

Good good news.

25-06-2012

YEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

sorry but so thrilled when i saw this

and yes indeed....honest....and unfussy. that's how i always felt about her.

but branquinho hasn't been totally invisible these last years....she's also worked a sunglass line for linda farrow,a collaboration shoe-line with camper and her line of handbags for the belgian leather-goods company delvaux.

25-06-2012

btw,i had just mentioned branquinho's sublime style in relation to jil sander the other day and now this has been announced. i've been dreaming about branquinho's return for a good while.

25-06-2012
trendsetter

Much like Jil, she is all about strong, independent women. Anxious (and i must say am kind of confused) about what she meant by "a bit more adult" collection.

Great news!

25-06-2012
flaunt the imperfection

sounds good-
lower priced for sure. My guess is that is will be less bohemian and less dramatic and a bit more practical and wearable.

And, yes, Scott- I remember you mentioning VB just the other day in relation to JS and I think the comparison is apt. I believe that their upcoming designs will be along the same lines.

Good news for me, definitely...

25-06-2012
front row

well **** between jil, hedi and this how am i supposed to save for my kid's education?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
branquinho, veronique