How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

3 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Veronique Branquinho Pre-Fall 2015
By Kristi Garced
Quote:
Veronique Branquinho’s pre-fall lineup was full of pleats, color-blocking and cozy knits. Tailored suiting — whether cropped into wool culottes or done in an unexpected white corduroy — was offset by floaty silk blouses and jersey turtlenecks. A subtle nautical influence also ran through a series of blue looks, including a navy rope toggle coat. Outerwear, in fact, was the lineup’s strongest suit, particularly a tweed coat speckled with color and rose gold hardware and a short-sleeved wool topper, perfect for laying over any number of her colorful angora sweaters.

wwd.com

3 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

wwd.com

3 Weeks Ago
Stitch:the Hand

oh my i am so dreamy-eyed for this! i love that opening use of mono blue and the red and there are some elements that kind of make me think of some of her earlier,quirkier stuff but in this more mature and refined. a lot of it has remained very much a part VB's language of course like the pleats and the victorian-esque blouses but that monastic-like coat-dress is taking me back to her camel-laden autumn 2000 collection which had some slightly more exaggerated versions of that.

3 Weeks Ago
fashion elite

This is so magical!

tfs star

I enjoy that this serves somewhat of a destillation of her style in the most straight-forward, fuss-free way. I could have done with those odd dresses/skirts with ornamental pleat decoration on the bottom, but for the majority I enjoy that this remains a very effortless and compelling VB collection.

3 Weeks Ago
fashion icon

Impeccable

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

You know, in a way, it would be amazing to see her leading some huge label... like Gucci, because she's got the vision and her brand of femininity will look so polished, so exquisite on women. But all the same, it would soon stifle her vision and drain her creatively serving that corporation.

She's able to conjure the air of the carefree, floaty 1970s and the strict monochromatic attitude of the 1990s without anything looking costume-y, dress-upy, and remotely retro. This is so modern, referential and classic. Lesser designers would have made it a campy retro-fest of Studio 54 and Mary Tyler Moore. Veronique always keeps it fresh and all her own. I clearly see her references here, and she takes it to a new level that's so right for the times. And everything's done in such a relaxed manner. The only blah spots in this collection is that parka which is a tad too MaxMara and the coatdress that makes the model look like she's wearing a fat suit.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2015, branquinho, prefall, veronique