How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-09-2012
fashion elite

This simplicity make my day today! My top ten.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

25-09-2012
backstage pass

Glad to see her back. She really does design for women. I can understand why so many women here are really going for her style; it's unfussy and thoughtful and very dignified modern dressing but also beautifully complimentary to a woman's form. The opening column dress in camel is stunning in its simplicity and generosity. It's a strong statement without even trying to make an effort. And the navy-blue pieces are very sexy. The only missteps for me are those jean-jackets, the lederhosen-style strap dresses and that really horrible beaded dress with the furry bits near the hem-- what is that? Looks like a lesser designer snuck that in there. It's a huge eyesore on an otherwise immaculate, sleek and thoughtful collection.

And so glad she's not given in to that awful S/S 2013 trend of mismatched patchwork, cheap floral and messy prints!

25-09-2012
fashion icon

There are no words other than stunning. This woman does it like no one. This is how you do pleating, gold, embellishments, minimalism, eveningwear, slits, tailoring, outerwear, belting... in short, this is how you do a collection. This might just be the best collection of the season, if you ask me.

25-09-2012
fashion insider

There is sheer brilliance in the simplicity of this. So restrained and proactive at the same time

V.I.P.

This collection is both soft and statuesque at the same time; it's a lovely mix of strength and fragility. Very elegant indeed.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
25-09-2012
Stitch:the Hand

it's so great to see many of branquinho's classic silhouettes return to centre stage. there are the sheaths,the pleated column dresses which could be a re-interpretation of her classic early collections without the adolescent imagination,the shirting,the suits....and of course, the attitude of it all. it recalled a certain jane birkin-type on the french riviera,you'd be close to the spirit. as far as it goes,it seems branquinho was able to remain true to her original style without compromising her integrity or her personality,which i applaud Gibo for. it's always been about the sheer mysterious elegance of branquinho with good dose of nonchalance and effortlessness. that's what she's always represented. and i'm so glad she hasn't abandoned those qualities.

25-09-2012
fashion insider

Absolutely amazing! It's no more complicated than it needs to be.

fashion elite

The colors at the beginning was refined, but her design direction still flat to me.

26-09-2012
flaunt the imperfection..

major disappointment......

some good details, but, overall...it just falls flat...

01-10-2012
fashion insider

I love it

01-10-2012
fashion elite

That 6th look, the brownish suit is gorgeous, I love the color. The green pieces are really nice too, I wish we had a close up on the embroidered dress.

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

Definitely one of my favourite shows this season.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
major disappointment......

some good details, but, overall...it just falls flat...
I'm curious - what's disappointing you about this collection? what's feeling flat about it? (not trying to criticize your reaction, I'm really just curious!)

02-10-2012
fashion insider

I have a feeling most of the fellas around here expect drama and theatrics 24/7. Too bad fashion is not always about that.

02-10-2012
front row

I can't say as to who expects what - but I am curious about why softgrey, who's opinion I always respect, is so dissapointed with the collection.
I myself was looking forward to this collection a lot. a whole lot. and at first glance, I felt a little underwhelmed as well. when I looked at it again today, I liked it a lot better, but I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about it - and why. to me, understanding and talking about 'why' is the interesting question when discussing fashion. so I asked

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, branquinho, paris, s or s, veronique