Versace F/W 10.11 Milan - Page 11 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
26-02-2010
Wanderlust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merveille View Post
This is terrible. It is typical of Milan to be tacky but usually Versace keeps it a ~little~ classy but this is a hot mess. I would rather look at a Frida Gucci collection.
I kind of have to agree .

26-02-2010
backstage pass

I dont like the day wear much, but I still like this collection. The colors are great, and certian peices like the coats and dresses are very nice.

fashion elite

I'm still trying to swallow it !
In my opinion Versace it's declining with this collection... it's a little bit tacky, the pants and shows... too over the top, i still remember some sexy spring 2008 dresses or past season, but this season has too many details... Versace it's my fav show and for it has be sexy and chic. this is sexy but too over the top..
i can say that i like the short dresses, and in gowns i like ginta's, kasia's and monika's long dresses... and the everyday wear ... not cute

it's not bad, but not good enough for versace

26-02-2010
don't look down

Nice ending, but those clothes are going to be brought to life by celebrities, not by this presentation, where the catwalk looks like a plank that's lightly padded using the cheapest 'disco' material from a haberdashery store.

Geometric Discharge

One or two nice bits. Then there's the trademark naff evening dresses but it finishes on some unusual evening dresses.. nice.

26-02-2010
trendsetter

Now that i have seen the full collection......i am really starting to appreciate the amazing seasons such as F/W 07-08, F/W 08-09 and even F/W 09-10 were better than this really.

I was also underwhelmed unfortunately

I LOVE Versace.....it's the brand that got me interested in fashion in the first place but i will admit when i am not a fan of something.....this is NOT Donatella's best work. The daywear looks really dated, i felt as if i was looking at a Versace or Versus show from 2001-2002 or something.

The parts that save the collection are the evening dresses for me! That is Donatella's bread and butter! I really really hope the next collection will get me inspired by Versace again.

26-02-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceLuva586 View Post
Now that i have seen the full collection......i am really starting to appreciate the amazing seasons such as F/W 07-08, F/W 08-09 and even F/W 09-10 were better than this really
Happened the same thing to me !! i was going to say it ahaha total agree

26-02-2010
front row

The long dresses are so Versace, its nice.
And I can understand why people arent loving the rest....at least the shorter dresses are wearable. Hate the pants, not huge on the shoes.
But I dont see how anyone could dislike a classic looking long dress by Versace

backstage pass

I saw the video, Im thinking the soundtrack could not be that!
it's very monotonous!

V.I.P.

This is so hit and miss. I love that two tone blue coat (4th), most of the short dress especially the white one on Sasha and half of the long ones especially the neckline on the blue dress (4th from the end). It's good that you can tell this is a A/W collection but I don't see this as slutty as in not in the usually Versace way. Overall I never ever want to see those jeans with the black swirl shapes in public or in a magazine that's for sure.

26-02-2010
V.I.P.

A video is amazing! I wonder if it's the actual soundtrack, because someone mentioned Let's Get Physical being played? I thought this one went well. Strutastic!

26-02-2010
front row

not impressed at all some of the outfits look ill-fitting and it's just a bit blah to be honest :S

windowshopping

I'm surprised at how nineties the cuts are... The colours are interesting too, especially the first one with the metallic AND the blue AND the brown sleves. Hate to say, but I'm not a fan... The white outfits are great though!

26-02-2010
barcode

Well it's not my favorite Versace collection, but honestly I was tired of the whole toned down Versace long ago. Last season, though I didn't like it and still don't, was at least very Versace in spirit. The same goes for this. It's not perfect, but at least it's honest.

I think the problem is that I'm looking at it and seeing what could have been. I wish she had taken it as far as she did with the menswear collection, because that was much stronger.

And the hair/makeup doesn't go with the collection at all.

26-02-2010
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanB View Post
The day wear is pretty awful but the collection picks up when the gowns start coming out..
I agree. Overall it is VERY hit or miss, but the majority of the evening wear is nice and the majority of the daywear (save the fabulous leather pants/jacket combos) is horrendous.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1011, f or w, milan, versace