Versace F/W 11.12 Milan - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-02-2011
trendsetter

^ Incidentally, perhaps they're actually abstract bluebells or snowdrops, coming to think of it?

Sorry, not a botanical expert!

27-02-2011
front row

So beautiful!!!!!

27-02-2011
French Chic

Season by season, my love affair with Versace is steadily slipping down the pan. I have no idea where the brand is going. The last collection with any impact and true innovation, IMO, was S/S 2009. After that they have been all over the place, ranging from some cheap looking efforts, and then reverting back to Gianni's signature style, but not doing it any justice as this collection tries and fails to do.

rising star

I've liked recent past Versace collections but this one just left me feeling "blah." Ew. :X

V.I.P.

This is too safe and boring for Versace , I almost fell asleep while watching the video, the last few evening gowns were not bad though

27-02-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

i agree that this stuff sounds like a drum that's one beat behind the rest of the band (yes, the band that prada brought into line last season). and after two spectacularly strong versace collections (and even some blockbuster mid-season outtings), it's sort of surprising to find donatella and her boy wonder retreating to something that didn't feel very versace or even very gianni like the last collections have. one might attribute this to a clear focus on accessories which have not only dominated the advertising buzz surrounding this label of lately, but evidenced itself in some of the most obviously thought out offerings in the handbag department and a flock of absolutely must-have shoes.

chaos reigns

Yes, I agree, its not as strong as its previous two seasons. The whole blown-up imagery on the (black) dresses I like, and yes, Ill admit it even to the point that seeing the collection the first the term minimal baroque came to mind, and then Prada, but after a bit, I think its more minimal baroque than Prada.

Whether Donatella decided to borrow or not from Prada its very minimal baroque, the problem is that there are some pieces which seem like afterthoughts or scraps left from God knows which season!

Ill admit I had high hopes after and such an stellar streak .. but at least it isnt the crap we've seen in recent years. Some serious direction was needed because it started strong .. then it became a collection in desperate need of Aderall.

trendsetter

To me, this is more minimal Arts and Crafts than minimal Baroque.

Last edited by chloehandbags; 28-02-2011 at 12:56 AM.
28-02-2011
trendsetter

I'm guessing that this was probably the inspiration:

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fil:Mor...ign_detail.jpg

Although, whether it was the direct inspiration for this collection, or whether this collection was inspired by a prior Gianni collection, which was based on William Morris' bluebells, I couldn't say for sure?

I do seem to, vaguely, remember an early '90s (I think?) Versace collection with these sort of motifs, though, so I'm guessing the latter.

Last edited by chloehandbags; 28-02-2011 at 01:09 AM.
01-03-2011
fashion insider

The gowns have become such an afterthought at Versace lately. I mean that as in, they don't really go with the collections. They are just there. I noticed that with last season also.

The outerwear, blazers and leather looks are the true standouts of the collection. The dresses are very hit or miss with the blown up applique. Some are fresh and modern while others look very crafty and cheap. The collection itself is all over the place. Donatella hasn't been very consistent with the brand image these days either but maybe she's trying to change what Versace means. She has quite the task ahead of her if that's the case though.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

First Look Milan (anyone have the soundtrack?)

Last edited by Scotty; 1 Week Ago at 02:21 PM.
1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

God, I remember rewatching this show every day because of the soundtrack. And I can't believe it's been almost 7 years, it's like 2008 & 2015...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, milan, versace