How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-09-2007
Wanderlust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
Salvatore, u dont like? But u always like Versace!
I like it, but I know Donatella can do a million times better than this collection. The Versace archives are one of the richest archives to pull from with a plethora of choices of patterns, color palettes, prints, and references. These, used properly, would create some of the most beautiful pieces. I miss the Versace circa 2003 and back. There are some pieces I quite like the first coat on Vlada and the first dress on Raquel and some of the evening gowns, but that's about it. I think Donatella should give her atelier a pure work-out one season and surprise everyone. I just know she can do much better (and creative) work than what I am seeing here.

(Still a Versace fan though )

27-09-2007
Looking Up

^ I know what u mean. Compared to this the 2005 and before era of Donatella kicks major ***, I loved her excessively sexy fashion with all those cuts. You have no idea how much I miss her thigh high slits and plunging necklines. But its just not very practical. Most women dont have the figure or the guts to wear those clothes.

27-09-2007
Looking Up

ANYONE have the video to this btw???

27-09-2007
Wanderlust

Quote:
^ I know what u mean. Compared to this the 2005 and before era of Donatella kicks major ***, I loved her excessively sexy fashion with all those cuts. You have no idea how much I miss her thigh high slits and plunging necklines. But its just not very practical. Most women dont have the figure or the guts to wear those clothes.
FW 2005 was amazing! I actually really, really liked SS 2007 as there were some covetable pieces in there like the gold plate dress Jessica Stam modeled or the closing mustard gown Mariya Markina wore. That was the perfect balance for Versace I think. She will wow me again soon I am sure.

27-09-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
ANYONE have the video to this btw???
I'll look around for you

27-09-2007
Looking Up

fw 05 was not amazing, it was legendary. That whole beige secretary look blew me away. Ive never seen anything like it. MY fave Versace though is FW 06. THAT was just out of this world.

Last edited by Squizree; 27-09-2007 at 11:27 PM.
27-09-2007
V.I.P.

yeah that was just amazing

27-09-2007
Looking Up

Thanks Matt!

27-09-2007
tfs star

I normally looove Versace and this is all I have been waiting for, for like the past few weeks but I'm not really impressed this season. This collection presents beautiful clothes but doesn't give you really anything to think about. Even the usual stunning gowns in the finale are not bad by any means but they're not memorable as most Versace finale gowns are. I miss when Versace was a rock star/trashy kind of brand but fashion is business and you have to still have to sell so I do understand what is going on. I think lately they have been too safe since they are trying to revive the brand and I wonder if they will ever get to their somewhat experimental place again.

27-09-2007
Looking Up

^ exactly, at the end of the day, its gotta sell and provide a living.

27-09-2007
V.I.P.

*edited - Please keep all model talk out of the collection threads*

this collection is like a dream. obviously it's not some grand new vision for Versace, but it is the perfect Versace vision, executed superbly.

the colours are mesmerizing and the way the gowns sit and sway on the models ... just brilliant! if Whitney Houston is still doing the S/S campaign for this collection then i can see these clothes looking absolutely fabulous on her and i can't wait to see them on the red carpets! the gowns are made for stars!

Last edited by Hanne; 28-09-2007 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please keep all model talk out of the collection threads
27-09-2007
scenester

wow that is spectular... I love Versace and this is so Versace in every detail; brilliant cuts, details, COLOR

28-09-2007
rising star

I love it all, just wish I could see it on some women with curves. Would look sexy as.

28-09-2007
trendsetter

I can't stop looking at this, I love it. The daywear really reminds me of early Pamela Ewing on Dallas... and the eveningwear, with it's draping and ties on the busts and necklines, reminds me of Halston dresses. In that context, I think it's a wonderful image of chic late 70's dressing. No glitz or metal, more of a calm mood

Last edited by DuTTyRoCK112; 28-09-2007 at 12:47 AM.
28-09-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Whitney Houston?????????? Where did u hear that from???
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ign-58188.html

Whenever the video is up please post the link.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
08, milan, s or s, versace