How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-05-2008
V.I.P.

^^Um why not?She has a great body and i think they look good on her, although she has been lately wearing only flares which are hardly tight.

03-05-2008
V.I.P.

The Art OF Denim-Making of dVb Denim.

Quote:
Denim by Victoria Beckham (dVb debuted their first collection during Fall 07, with Over the Rainbow being one of the exclusive merchants for this new brand in Canada. Being an international superstar always in the public eye, anything involving Victoria Beckham is sure to get a lot of press! The launch of her new denim line created some media controversy regarding quality and fit. As a merchant of premium products for three decades, Over the Rainbow only carries the finest denim products; we maintain that dVb Denim definitely meets these standards.

To dispel any falsehoods about dVb Denim, we decided to go to right the source: their production factory. We sent a correspondent to the Western Gloveworks factory in Winnipeg to see how dVb Denim was made. Anyone who remembers Western Gloveworks knows that we used their facilities as the backbone for our featured blog segments entitled The Art of Denim. It's only appropriate that we bring it back to show fashion consumers about the virtues of dVb Denim and how QUALITY the product really is!

Western Gloveworks uses the same production methods from their other premium brands to construct the dVb Denim collection. Blueprints are drawn and tested, fabric is cut by hand, and then distributed to over 30 different sewing departments. With each piece carefully constructed, the finished raw jeans are inspected by quality control before being sent to the washing facility. Each jean is washed using calculated wash formulas and sanded by hand to give it more character. Another quality control person inspects the jeans after washing and only the approved items are shipped out to retail stores.

The new Spring 08 collection of dVb Denim was made with same quality production practices. The new lineup experiments more with colour and distressing, giving a more rugged and vintage feel to the jeans. These added characters mixed with a variety of bootcuts, wide legs and straight legs make dVb Denim a strong fashion forward jean for the springtime!

http://www.insiderainbow.com/blog_post.php?id=310

03-05-2008
V.I.P.

04-05-2008
front row

WOW! Thanks Miss Dalloway! Many interesting pictures, even though I'm neither a fan nor hater, I'm impressed by her determination. But I guess her denim lines for rock & republic has more character, whereas her own dvb line is kinda dull. It's really hard to sell supposedly 'premium' jeans which exceeds $200 with only simple star design at the back pocket. That's just my opinion by the way.

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving
Albert Einstein
04-05-2008
fashion elite

I just read that she is coming out with a mens line of denim. No skinny jeans, or girlie jeans....just great cuts that fit men well. Something that David would wear (she said)

Im very curious.

04-05-2008
V.I.P.

love the factory pics! thats amazing! i bet not many brands would want their factories to be pictured!

05-05-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar View Post
I just read that she is coming out with a mens line of denim. No skinny jeans, or girlie jeans....just great cuts that fit men well. Something that David would wear (she said)

Im very curious.
I hope this might satisfy your curiosity , I first read it in perez though..

Quote:

Victoria Beckham Spices Up Men’s Denim
BY DAVID LIPKE
Mar. 10, 2008

NEW YORK — Victoria Beckham despises skinny jeans on men.

“I think guys should wear jeans big and baggy, with a big pair of boots or flip-flops—exactly how you see David when he’s out in his jeans and T-shirt,” she advised on a phone call from her L.A. home last week, referencing her husband, soccer superstar David Beckham. “Do not pull them up tight and have your bulge showing. Let it hang!”

The former Spice Girl’s fecund fashion tips came as she readies the launch of a men’s jeans range, which will hit stores this August. Branded under her dVb label, the jeans are the latest step in Beckham’s budding fashion career, which began last year with the launch of women’s jeans, eyewear, and his-and-her fragrances.

“These are not skinny jeans. They are what I call proper men’s jeans,” said Beckham of her foray into the men’s market. “If you are a man that likes really skinny jeans, very fashiony, this isn’t really the line for you. I didn’t want anything too tight around the crotch. That really repulses me. It might be fashionable, but you are not going to get that from dVb.”

Beckham’s jeans are produced in partnership with Western Glove Works, the Winnipeg, Canada–based company that also markets the Silver Jeans and 1921 denim brands. The first delivery has been tightly edited and includes a boot fit available in five washes—such as a dark resin wash, a vintage stain wash and a light gray wash—and a boot fit with a back flap pocket, in a vintage stone-bleach wash. A later holiday delivery will expand the fit offerings to a straight leg and will also include vintage-wash T-shirts.

The jeans, sourced in Asia and Morocco, will retail from $220 to $285. Design details include an aged leather waistband patch with the dVb logo, antique copper finish hardware, and purple pocket bags.
Beckham and Western Glove Works are targeting top-tier specialty retailers for the men’s jeans, which are sold out of the Denim Area showrooms in New York and L.A. The women’s denim collection is currently carried in about 600 doors globally, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Maxfield, Kitson, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges and Colette.

“I’ve used the best Japanese denim, and I think I’ve created a fit that is very flattering and very comfortable,” said Beckham, who is creative director of the dVb brand. “I’m a complete control freak and I want everything to be perfect. I’m not doing a Britney Spears and just putting my name on something and saying, ‘Sell this perfume.’ This is a real passion of mine. People think all I do is go shopping like a miserable cow, but, in actual fact, I work bloody hard.”

Beckham has no formal design training but she did previously work on a co-branded denim line with Rock & Republic for several years, and she’s known worldwide for her provocative fashion sense.

(Beckham’s Spice Girls nickname was “Posh.”) “She is very involved in all aspects of the line,” said Alan Einarson, a vice-president at Western Glove Works, who oversees the project. “We have regular meetings with her in L.A. and London, bring all the materials, sit in a room and spread everything out.”

According to Beckham, she has an ideal fit model in her husband—who currently captains the L.A. Galaxy soccer team, and stars in international advertising campaigns for Emporio Armani underwear, Adidas, Motorola and Pepsi. “I ask him what he likes and dislikes about certain jeans,” explained Beckham. “When I get the prototypes, I try them on him. He says they are the best-fitting jeans he’s ever had.”

The dVb brand—which is an acronym for David and Victoria Beckham—is a partnership between the Beckhams and 19 Entertainment Ltd. The London-based company was founded by Simon Fuller, and produces American Idol, created the Spice Girls, and manages the careers of singer Kelly Clarkson and fashion designer Roland Mouret, among other diverse clients.

Like the denim collection, dVb eyewear, which includes women’s and unisex styles, is sold in high-end stores like Bergdorf Goodman, Fred Segal, Harvey Nichols and Isetan. (The dVb team declined to name the manufacturer.) However, the dVb fragrances—David Beckham Instinct and Intimately Beckham, all marketed by Coty—are sold in mass market and mid-tier retailers like Wal-Mart, Target and Kohl’s.

Asked if she thought it might be harder to sell her brand of fame to men’s denim customers versus women, Beckham noted: “I’ve been very careful with the branding and I’ve kept it a little smaller on the men’s collection. I’ve stripped off my name and it’s just a subtle logo. I think women will pick up on it—I do a lot of shopping for David, for example. My biggest challenge is making people aware that the brand is out there.”

Beckham is relying on press and personal appearances to tout dVb to the public. She made appearances last month at Saks Fifth Avenue in Chicago and Holt Renfrew in Toronto, both of them drawing huge crowds. Now officially retired from the Spice Girls following this past year’s reunion tour, Beckham intends to focus her energies on building the dVb fashion brand.

“I’m so grateful to the fashion industry for giving me an opportunity,” said Beckham, who currently stars in the Marc Jacobs spring advertising campaign. “I’ve got a long way to go. It’s a great big ladder and I’m right at the bottom, but this is what I want to be doing 20 years from now.”

Beckham hopes to expand dVb into children’s wear in the future, as she has three sons: Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz, ages three to nine. (Cruz gained fame in his own right recently, due to a video of him break dancing during a Spice Girls concert, which garnered several million hits on YouTube.) She is also interested in creating shoes and bags—but takes a long-term view of the business.

“I want to grow dVb at a steady pace. Lots of people have shown interest, but it’s finding the right way to do it,” she noted. “Everything I do with dVb is true to my heart, and it has to have some relevance to me, my children or my husband.”
dnrnews.com

Albert Einstein
05-05-2008
fashion elite

Obsvr - thank you for posting that

Im curious to how they would fit. Ill have to find them and give them a try on.

05-05-2008
V.I.P.

Kate Beckinsale wearing dVb jeans.

Celeb-City

05-05-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsvr View Post
WOW! Thanks Miss Dalloway! Many interesting pictures, even though I'm neither a fan nor hater, I'm impressed by her determination. But I guess her denim lines for rock & republic has more character, whereas her own dvb line is kinda dull. It's really hard to sell supposedly 'premium' jeans which exceeds $200 with only simple star design at the back pocket. That's just my opinion by the way.
Personaly i disliked the crown of R&R but they were great (fit wise), and i think her own line is much better & diverse because you can choose.There are more styles, if you dont like stars(i think they are fun)there is the small logo.And the price is expesive but they are made in Canada, and as you can see in those shoots the detail is great (constrat stitiching, even inside of the jeans she thought of, the purple pockets.etc).But i know what you mean...its way to much.

I love jeans but i dont wear them alot, so when i buy them i am ready to pay more and have them for awhile.

05-05-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
*please do not quote images*
Oh, Tyra. Those jeans are not your friend.

Last edited by La bordélique; 06-05-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Please see tFS guidelines - quoting images
06-05-2008
windowshopping

eh. she needs to get over herself

06-05-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar View Post
Obsvr - thank you for posting that

Im curious to how they would fit. Ill have to find them and give them a try on.
No worries . Oh please do, and maybe you could post your pics wearing them provided if you decided to buy one

Albert Einstein
06-05-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
Oh, Tyra. Those jeans are not your friend.
ditto that!

Albert Einstein
06-05-2008
windowshopping

Yes Trya, those are not the jeans for you. I am so glad that the factory pics were posted. They look pretty flattering on most of the other women though. I would like to try a pair out. I really like the lighter wash ones.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beckham, denim, dresses, victoria