How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-11-2011
front row

I didn't know so many celebs actually wear her line, people like Kate Winslet and Eva Longoria. I think Victoria is doing really well for herself in the fashion world.

12-11-2011
V.I.P.

Naomie Harris:

mirror.co.uk

Kim Kardashian:

celebcity.com

Eva Longoria

justjaredbuzznet.com

Sophia Vergara

zimbio.com

Demi Moore

zinio.com

Kate Winslet

Getty Images

Sarah Brightman

dailymail.co.uk

Selma Blair

zimbio.com

And the lovely ladies of Downtown Abbey,

Joanne Foggarty

GettyImages

Michelle Dockery

marieclaire.co.uk

Jessica Brown

wenn

Cheryl Cole

girlsaloudmedia.com

12-11-2011
rising star

VBeckham-Handbags-SS12

cooltowear

14-11-2011
rising star

Victoria Beckham Ss ’12 Preview

styloko

14-11-2011
rising star

Sneak Peak at Victoria Beckham SS ’12 Preview vol 2

styloko

Last edited by RoseFreckles; 14-11-2011 at 12:59 AM.
14-11-2011
rising star

Sneak Peak at Victoria Beckham SS ’12 Preview vol 3

styloko

16-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:

Victoria Beckham on Quality and Control
By Jessica Iredale

When Victoria Beckham launched her ready-to-wear collection in 2008, she knew what industry people were thinking. A Spice Girl-turned-soccer wife had dared to put herself in the same sentence as designer? “I’m very aware of people’s preconceptions,” said Beckham in a question-and-answer session with executive editor Bridget Foley Monday night at WWD’s Apparel and Retail CEO Summit. “But the product spoke for itself.”

She went ahead with her vision of empowering women with flattering, sophisticated and luxuriously made clothes, all done with the sage advice of a well-seasoned friend in mind. “When I was starting out I remember Marc Jacobs saying, ‘As long as the quality is great, then people can say it’s not their personal taste, but they can’t say that it’s rubbish,’” said Beckham. “And that’s very true.”

Eight seasons in, no one is rolling their eyes at Victoria Beckham. The collection has expanded into handbags, eyewear and a more affordable line, Victoria by Victoria Beckham, that hits retail for spring. “In the first collection we produced 400 dresses and we had nine retail partners internationally, and now we’re producing about 500 pieces with all categories in just over 300 stores worldwide,” said Beckham. “Though I’m trying to take baby steps, the business is growing very quickly. Our turnover year-over-year has increased over 120 percent. I think to anyone’s standards that’s very impressive.”

Even before she was Posh Spice, Beckham wanted to be in fashion. In 2005 she formed a branding partnership with David Beckham, her husband, and Simon Fuller, the British music mogul who created the “Pop Idol” and “American Idol” franchises, and owns XIX Entertainment. When the trio was given the opportunity to launch dVb, a denim and sunglasses line, under a license in 2006, “I jumped at the chance,” said Beckham. “I just wanted to design. It was a great learning curve. I learned so much about how I like to do things, how I don’t like to do things, the pros and cons of having someone to answer to. And as soon as we could — myself and Simon and David — afford to bring everything in-house, I jumped at the chance to do that. I could bring in the correct experts for each category and now it’s a dream come true. I have two partners who give me free rein to do pretty much what I want to do creatively. No one is breathing down my neck.”

Read between the lines and it’s obvious that the licensing model was not ideal, but Beckham prefers not to rehash the downside of the deal. “I’m a very positive person. For me the glass is always half full,” she said. “And though there were challenges in the beginning, we’re in a position now where everything is in-house.” That was made possible by the success of the Beckhams’ fragrances with Coty — the only element of the Beckham brand that still operates on a license.

In the name of quality and control — Beckham professes to be a control freak — Victoria Beckham is produced in England, Victoria in Portugal, and the handbags are handmade in Italy. In 2009, the jeans and sunglasses were relaunched under the Victoria Beckham Denim and Eyewear labels.

The rtw collection started with an ultra-body-conscious aesthetic. Dresses were whippet thin, structured and sold with a corset to maximize a flattering fit from all angles — something Beckham is hyper-aware of after her many red-carpet moments. The style has since evolved toward voluminous looks, coats and, for spring, sportier elements. “Now that I’ve been doing it a little bit longer I can take more risks, working with volume away from the body, which is very different from where I started out,” said Beckham. “I never try to follow a trend or fashion; I just do what feels right. Everything that I make, from glasses to a handbag to a dress, is something I would wear and carry myself. People ask who my customer is — I love to do in-store events with my retail partners, I love to meet my customers and get feedback — but I’m my customer.”

Beckham is also a married mother of four — the most recent addition, Harper, was born in July and is the family’s first girl. Beckham lives in Los Angeles and shows in New York, while her team is in London. That’s a lot of coordination for someone who does not need the money, so why bother?

“There are quite a few video conferences at 5 a.m. with me in my dressing gown, holding baby,” said Beckham. “For me it’s no different than it is for a lot of women out there. It’s like juggling glass balls. I love it.”

She stressed the importance of focus, yet when asked what her five-year plan is, she came up blank. “I have big dreams and high hopes but I don’t know what’s next.” In the short term, e-commerce is a priority, with a site aimed to be up and running by mid-2012. The rest is in the hands of her partners. “I trust Simon 100 percent,” said Beckham. “I’ve known him since I was probably 18 and in the Spice Girls, and he’s always believed in me. When I was about to show my own collection, I called him and said, ‘Simon, I’m really nervous.’ And he said, ‘You have nothing to be nervous about. Just enjoy yourself and have fun,’ which was great. He never put any pressure on me.

“I’m really getting the best of both worlds with Simon being a fantastic, genius businessman and a very good friend,” said Beckham. “He’s really good about thinking outside the box, which is important as well. You know, I’m proof that you don’t have to play by the rules all the time.”
zigazig-ha.com via wwd

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 16-11-2011 at 08:39 AM.
20-11-2011
rising star

Designer Victoria Beckham - Interview on "Quality & Control" 2011 (HQ)

21-11-2011
front row

I think her collection is way overpriced.

rising star

victoria-beckham-spring-2012

redcarpet-fashionawards

27-11-2011
fashion insider

in love with the colors of her latest collection

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

It looks so good and wearable.

V.I.P.

Her brand in fashion publications;

Vogue Germany, October 2011 (VB clutch- cover)
Doutzen Kroes by Camilla Akrans

twitter/doutzenkroesfan

Emmy Magazine, October 2011
Clare Danes by Gian Andrea Di Stefano

Zinio.com

Allure, September 2010 by Michael Thompson

models.com

IO Donna Magazine, October 2011
Emma Stone by Brigitte Lacombe

ebooknet.com

US Harper's Bazaar November 2011

zinio.com

US Vogue,October 2011
Michelle Williams by Annie Leibovitz

imcmagazine.com

Vogue Japan, December 2011

zinio.com

UK Glamour, December 2011

storemags.com

02-12-2011
trendsetter

ummmmm wowowowow!!!

After reading this page I feel speechless. Where does this woman find the time?

She literally has an entire stores worth of outfits/look accessories. Only thing is she has to be careful she doesnt spread herself too thinly and although its great she is trying new things (the prints vs the traditional tight dress) she has to be careful she keeps a 'look' that is consistent to her brand.

Cant wait till she starts doing shoes....they will be totally impractical (I hope ) + they'll certainly be the fiercest shoes on earth

V.I.P.

Huge deal for her to have won at the BFA's, according to Daily Front Row maninly was because of; "citing remarkable sell through numbers as a defining factor. (In February, Beckham plans to debut a special line of evening dresses during London Fashion Week.)"

Celebrity-Paradise.com

Quote:
A leading British based designer brand that has excelled and made an impact on the international stage over the past year.

Victoria Beckham was the recipient of the Designer Brand award. Her business has focused growth strategy with each new product range receiving media praise and achieving high levels of sell through. She is her own customer and this insight has created a label with many loyal followers across the globe.

Finalists: Burberry, Stella McCartney and Tom Ford.

Presenter: Marc Jacobs
britishfashionawards.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beckham, denim, dresses, victoria