How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-04-2013
front row

the leather booties and dress cuts so elegant, sharp and very inspired from Mrs.Beckham I really adore the success she had with the collections and these significant dresses and also handbag collection is a big success.The dresses are very VB and when you see one wearing ı can tell yes this a VB dress.thats what makes a brand , brand.

03-09-2013
V.I.P.

Rachel Weisz

zimbio.com

Michelle Williams

thecelebritycity.com

Emilia Clarke

zimbio.com

Sandra Bullock

dailymail.co.uk/zimbio.com

Gwyneth Paltrow

tehcelebritycity.com

Lady Gaga

justjared.com

Beyonce

reuters.com

Carey Mulligan

thecelebritycity.com

Rosamund Pike

zimbio.com

Diane Kruger

zimbio.com

Olga Kuyrleno

vogue.com

Jourdan Dunn

zimbio.com

Princess Maria Oylmpia

zimbio.com

Christina Aguilera

zimbio.com

Natalie Massenet

vogue.co.uk

03-09-2013
V.I.P.

The New York Times, T Style Article:

Quote:
Victoria Beckham, Working Girl
By Sarah Lyall
Photos by Juergen Teller

Past the closed-circuit cameras, past the nondisclosure-agreement-wielding security guard, past the Damien Hirst pictures, past the hyperorganized assistant and the bold monochrome walls and the sumptuous gray sofas and the three giant orchids — past all the accouterments of the celebrity household — a toddler sat on the floor, playing with her nanny.

The toddler was plump and adorable, her hair in a little bun that just then was being decorated with a chain made of tiny flowers. The nanny, a minute, seemingly nondescript person in a careless ponytail, was doing the decorating. She looked up. “I’m sorry — I’ll be looking after her while we do this,” she said, a remark that prompted a moment of severe cognitive dissonance, because this was not the nanny at all, but Victoria Beckham herself, barefoot, T-shirted, skin glowing, so tiny as to appear to be in danger of dissolving into the furniture. She wore baggy, oversize boyfriend-y jeans suspended above her super-slim hips by little more than a casual canvas belt and a prayer, and she was surprisingly smiley.

“Harper and I went to the park this morning and picked daisies, but she didn’t quite understand that to make daisy chains you need to leave some of the stem on,” she explained, gesturing to the pile of teeny flowers on the floor. Harper, 2, is Beckham’s daughter, but of course we know that already. We know it just as we already know the names of Beckham’s three sons (Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz), the name of her husband (David, who, tragically, was not at home), her Spice Girls handle (Posh Spice), and many other interesting Beckham-related facts, both important and trivial.

Beckham seized fame by the collar in 1996, when the Spice Girls emerged to become, briefly, the biggest thing in girl bands since the Supremes; fame in turn grabbed her by the throat when she married David, then a dishy Manchester United midfielder with mercurial hair, boundless talent and a yen for the limelight. They were more than the sum of their parts; he, one of the world’s most famous soccer players, with a deadly free kick; she, the impossibly thin, impossibly high-heeled quintessential wife, followed everywhere, photographed everywhere, even her most banal utterances repeated and dissected.

But in the last few years, a new kind of renown has been creeping up on Victoria Beckham, an unfamiliar phenomenon in a Kardashian world where people are famous for just being famous. This is the renown that comes from having a serious job and being seriously good at it. Five years after she shocked the blasé New York fashion world by unveiling a collection of beautifully made, elegant dresses that were chic and understated and ultraflattering, Beckham has established herself as a powerful force in the industry, proving again and again that she is far more than another celebrity slapping her name onto someone else’s product.

She knows her product intimately — she often says she designs clothes that she herself fantasizes about wearing — and they reflect her tastes: nothing busy, very few prints, color used sparingly, lots of calm clean grays, creams, navys, blacks. Her first collection evoked the work of Roland Mouret, one of whose dresses she made famous when she wore it to David’s official introduction ceremony with the Los Angeles Galaxy, but she has gradually acquired a new boldness, the confidence to find her own style. Her current collection for fall is widely considered one of the standouts of the season, with masculine-influenced coats, long hemlines and skirts and trousers that skim the body rather than cling to it.

Beckham’s ready-to-wear collection is still purposely small, but she is thinking big. She has branched out into sunglasses, handbags and denim. She has started a younger, less expensive line, Victoria, Victoria Beckham, which features clothes that are less tailored, more casual, more colorful. She has taken her brand global and is expanding most rapidly in the Asian markets, particularly China. Her company, based in Battersea, south London, already employs 90 workers, and is due to expand its office space soon. It recently started an e-commerce site, and there is talk of opening the first Victoria Beckham stand-alone store, in central London.

Here she is at the center of all this, a tiny dynamo in skyscraper heels who gives off an aura of calm — how real it is is anyone’s guess — while everything spins around her. Her ambition is endless. “I want to reach as many women throughout the world as I can,” she said. “There are more categories that I want to enter into. I have five categories at the moment. But at some point I would love to do shoes, I would love to do fragrance, I would love to do makeup, I would like to do underwear. There are so many things I want to do.”

At the moment, though, it was time to eat lunch. (Yes, she eats, though on the other hand she spends a large chunk of time each day doing a Tracy Anderson workout with a personal trainer.) We moved to the table. On one wall was a huge collage-y Julian Schnabel; on another, a David Beckham original: a blown-up black-and-white photograph of the four children bouncing together on a bed. The house is a rental, and Beckham said she missed Los Angeles, where the family lived most recently — the climate, the openness, the work ethic. “I am very career minded, and I think my personality is more suited to America,” she said. “I am a working mum.”

She is also a perfectionist involved in every aspect of her company, from the smallest detail on a cuff, to the type of cushions on the spectators’ chairs at her fashion shows, to the largest strategic decision about where she wants the company to go, to a celebrity’s request to borrow a piece for a party (yes to the query from Naomi Watts, she said into the phone at one point during the afternoon). From the beginning, Beckham said, she realized that her work was “not just turning up on the red carpet wearing my dresses.” She has in the last few seasons begun doing proper runway shows, but wisely started out doing small presentations, making a point of introducing each collection personally, walking the buyers and editors and sales reps through every aspect of every piece, dazzling them with her command of her product. She frequently schedules in-store events in which she talks to customers trying on her clothes in the dressing room, advising them even as they advise her right back. “I’m involved in everything,” she said.

Lunch — corn soup followed by a salad of greens and fruit for Beckham; sushi for Beckham’s assistant and me; and a fruit platter for everyone — was prepared and served by a chef. “You are going to think this is real — this is what I get every day!” Beckham said. But it is not, apparently. “Chris” — that is the chef — “comes in a couple of days a week and might make a giant lasagna so I can put it in the freezer and then do it myself,” Beckham said. “David does the cooking.”

David does the cooking? “Yes, he’s really good,” his wife said. When David was playing soccer in Italy a few years ago, she explained, the family was living in L.A., and he was left alone on his days off. “So he decided to go to culinary school.”

She says he is a hands-on father, just as she is a hands-on mother. The nanny apparently works just a few days a week, too, and so Harper sat with us at lunch, trying on my shoes, wandering off with pieces of fruit, and at one point grabbing a piece of paper, covering it with Post-it notes and announcing that she was going to her office. If they can, either Victoria or David always drives the children to school — three boys, three different schools — and collects them. At least one of them, she said, is at every parents’ meeting, every play, every sports event.

Beckham said that she has never missed a birthday, and that it is important to her to keep the children grounded and unspoiled. Both she and David come from close, hard-working families: David’s father was a gas-company engineer, and hers was an electrical wholesaler. She contrasted her attitude toward that of some of their friends in L.A.

“We have what I consider to be normal birthday parties,” she said. “I’ve been to parties in L.A. that are mind-blowing. I mean, quite literally mind-blowing. People get cellphones in the party bag, that sort of thing. Fabulous, fabulous parties. Ours aren’t like that. They are normal kids’ parties. We’ll have a bouncy castle, a face painter.”

After lunch, Beckham put Harper down for her nap, the nanny having materialized; sat for hair and makeup; and changed into her work outfit, all in black: slouchy Isabel Marant trousers, a skimpy sleeveless silk top, a Balenciaga leather jacket and a pair of towering leopard-print stilettos. The ordered taxi failed to show up, so an operative from the on-site Beckham security detail drove us to Beckham Ventures Ltd., where the various teams — the handbag group, the denim group, the financial group — all work in a big open-plan space, and where Beckham was due to have her photograph taken by Juergen Teller.

Teller has shot Beckham before. He was responsible for the witty 2008 Marc Jacobs ads in which, among other things, she lay inside a shopping bag, with only her splayed legs visible — and she appreciates his no-fuss approach. “Normally in a fashion shoot you’d be plastered in makeup, in amazing clothes,” she said. “I find it embarrassing when you don’t look like yourself, when you’ve had tons of retouching.”

At the same time, Beckham is incredibly controlling of her image. Even in supposedly candid photographs, she is invariably shown posing as if she were on the red carpet: one leg in front of the other, body leaning back so that her hips jut forward and emphasize the slenderness of her form.

She never smiles — it is almost as if someone once told her that she looks better scowling — and instead affects a mien of distant hauteur that can come across as snobbishness but in person reads more like shyness and insecurity.

“I dunno,” she said, when asked about the no-smiling phenomenon. “I smile in family pictures.” Perhaps, she mused, the reputation she got for being moody during the Spice era stuck. Also, she said, “When you’re in a position to be paparazzi-ed just walking down the street, you’d look a little daft if you were smiling all the time.” (Apparently, the eternally sunny-seeming Kate Middleton never got that particular memo).

She says she is relaxed about how she looks in pictures. “I don’t want to be made to look like I’m 25,” she said. “I’m 39. I don’t have any issues with my age.” That is what she said, at least. But she fretted a bit before the session, and as Teller prepared to take her picture she asked — jokingly, but not — that he go easy on her wrinkles (not that she has any noticeable ones).

For the shoot, Beckham reclined on her office floor, surrounded by fashion chaos: swatches of fabric, soda cans, sketches. She declined the suggestion to include a plate of grapes or some such in the picture. “We don’t want anyone to know I eat,” she said. “Why ruin that?”

David, who spoke on the phone to his wife several times during the afternoon but, alas, never appeared in the flesh, is no slouch in the fashion department, either. “He might sometimes ask advice if he’s going to be late — ‘What should I wear?’ — but generally speaking, he has a really good sense of what works on him,” Beckham said. “I think he looks great whatever he does. He literally always looks really, really good.”

They work well together, she said, and then began talking without irony about the brand — the brand she and David have fashioned together, along with Simon Fuller, creator of “American Idol”— as if being part of a brand was the most normal thing in the world, as if that is simply what people do.

“You know, we don’t look at it as a big brand,” she said. “It is, but it happened very, very naturally. It seems that now everybody wants to make a brand; everybody wants to build a brand. Ours happened very organically.” And then she said: “The most important thing is each other and the children.”

The Beckham brand is one thing; the Victoria Beckham brand is another. “I just wanted to create beautiful clothes, good quality clothes I wanted to wear myself,” she said. “And then I wanted to create handbags, because I couldn’t find the right handbag that I wanted to carry. Then I couldn’t find the right sunglasses, so I decided to make my own sunglasses.”

There is no stopping her. “I want to get bigger and bigger,” she said. “I absolutely want an empire.”

Images/text source: nytimes.com

03-09-2013
V.I.P.

Vogue Portugal, March 2013
Iris Egber by Kevin Sinclair

Digital Edition of Vogue Portugal thx to Mat Cyruss

Vogue Germany, March 2013
Anke Elgenke by Ellen von Unwerth

digital edition of Vogue Germany thx to Mat Cyrus

London Times
Chanel Iman by Danielle Levitt

daniellelevitt.com

Social and Personal Magazine, March 2013

facebook.com/socialandpersonalweddings

Grazia France

zinio.com

UK Red, March 2013

storemags.com

Net- A-Porter
Caroline WInberg by David Bellemere

netaporter.com

UK Glamour, April 2013

storemags.com

Glamour France, April 1, 2013

storemags.com

Bergdorf Goodman S/S Catalogue
Hilary Rhoda by Sean Seng

bergdorfgoodman.com

MC Vogue Russia Promotion ads

storemags.com

Vanity Fair Italia, September 15th, 2013

pdf-giant.com

03-09-2013
V.I.P.

US Vogue, April 2013
Doutzen Kroes by Craig McDean

fashionscansremastered.net

Net-A-Porter, The Edit
Cindy Crawford by Paola Kudacki

netaporter.com

The Gentlewoman SS 13
Iselin Steiro by Karim Sadli

streeters

Net-A-Porter, The Edit
Sarah Jessica Parker by Alexi Lubomirski

netaporter.com

Purple Fashion SS 2013
Daniela Braga by Benjamin Alexander Huseby

purple.fr

Allure, July 2013
Ava Smith by Sebastian Kim

sotremags.com

Flare, June 2013

pdf-giant.com

GQ France, April 2013

zinio.com

US Vanity Fair, September 2013
Clarissa Ward by Jason Bell

storemags.com

Bristol Magazine

thebristolmagazine.com

Vogue China, September 2013
Tao Okamoto by Lachlan Bailey

digital edition of Vogue China thx to Ma Cyruss

US Vogue, April 2013
Claire Danes by Annie Leibovitz

digital edition of US Vogue thx to Mat Cyruss

14-02-2014
V.I.P.

Interesting article about plans for her first Luxury Boutique:

Quote:
Victoria Beckham Makes Two Big Moves
By Jessica Iredale

wwd.com

Unlike most of the designers who were in New York and roaming the halls of 450 West 15th Street last week, Victoria Beckham was not there to discuss the particulars of her pre-fall collection, but rather real estate.

Dressed in all black and accompanied by her chief executive officer, Zach Duane, Beckham was seated in a conference room at the KCD offices, ready to talk about the two major leases she has signed: The first for a New York office, located at 511 West 25th Street and opening in February; and the second, her first store at 36 Dover Street in London, slated to open this fall. At a total of about 11,000 square feet (4,000 for the office, just under 7,000 for the store) divided between two of the world’s most sophisticated metropolises, Beckham is staking a major claim in the fashion landscape. At this point it goes without saying, but she did it anyway: “I’m taking my business very seriously.”

Based in London, Beckham sells her collection in 60 countries. It’s a roughly even split, but the U.K. is her strongest market, with the U.S. coming in second, Asia third. Beckham and Duane hope to change that with local manpower. Thus, the Chelsea office. As Duane pointed out, the U.S. is still the largest luxury market in the world. “I want to focus on the U.S. this year,” said Beckham. “To take it to the next level, I need a team on the ground living and breathing everything here in America.” They’ve made three hires for the New York office, including a sales director whose name could not be disclosed due to his current employment. The staff will be dedicated to supporting the domestic department stores, eventually targeting Central and South America, two yet untapped markets for Beckham, and generally maintaining the company culture abroad. “You can’t just put your collections into the market and leave them there,” said Duane. “You realize that you need to be there to make sure that there is plenty of merchandise, that your team is being motivated, etc.”

Key to that is an inspiring workplace, so Beckham plans to decorate the office in a way that is “very open and quite minimal. I don’t like anything too fussy, but I don’t want it to feel cold.” As for the neighborhood, it was a matter of practicality over image. “I’d love to say it was a deliberate choice on our side but it was just about finding a space that reflected what the business needed,” said Duane.

They took a much more calculated approach to the store, for which location is everything. After two years of scouting, they were able to get a lease on their desired spot, which was previously a shop and office space. “It’s young and cool,” said Beckham of Mayfair. “There are great galleries in the area. There’s Dover Street Market directly opposite of us, which is not a bad thing.” Speaking of, Beckham spent the day before this interview at Dover Street Market New York, a bastion of the inspirational retail experience designers aspire to. “The people there were lovely,” she said. “They showed me around the store — there are seven floors! They explained the collections. You can tell everyone in there is very excited, and it’s very cool.”

collaboration.skype.com

While the New York office represents a commitment to American growth, the London store is arguably a bigger deal. Other than her Web site, “It will be the first time that the people will really be able to see the brand through my eyes,” said Beckham. She’s hired architect Farshid Moussavi, whose projects include the 2012 London Olympic Park. “She is a woman that loves fashion as well,” said Beckham. “She has quite a conceptual eye, which I like. We want to make something different without making it overly complicated. I just want it to feel real for me.” Specifics of the store’s look are yet to be determined, but Beckham is set on connecting the three-floor space by “drilling a massive hole through the middle.” The store will house all of the collections under her brand, including Victoria Beckham, Victoria Victoria Beckham, denim, optical and accessories. For the first time, she will control the buy, about which she feels confident.

“I think the time is now because I know my customer,” said Beckham of opening the store. Indeed, she has put in her time with her clientele, routinely going on the road for trunk shows. She’s also tested retail on her own terms with her Web site, which launched e-commerce last year with accessories and the Icons collection, a selection of best-selling dresses from past collections, a savvy move that offered her exclusivity over her wholesale partners while piquing their interest. Last month, Selfridges asked to include Icons in a Victoria Beckham pop-up space, which itself was a big step for Beckham. There are more shops-in-shop to come, with their first permanent one at Printemps in Paris opening Feb. 28. For Selfridges, she and Duane recall that they had two weeks to come up with their design concept and 24-hours notice to merchandise the space, which fell at a rather inconvenient time when her team was in New York to sell pre-fall. “The only person there to go unpack boxes, steam clothes, and do the merchandising was me,” said Beckham. “I was at Selfridges at 6:30 or 7 in the morning, or some rather unsociable hour, unpacking boxes and steaming clothes.” They beat their weekly target by 60 percent.

All of this momentum comes as Beckham marks her designer label’s fifth anniversary. Asked if the state of her business matches up with her original five-year plan, Beckham said, “I did believe in creative visualization and I always had high hopes. I believed what I was doing and I think I have a strong point of view. I always hoped. I like to look at the big picture and I like to build things in the right way. I never went into this thinking that it would be a flash in a pan.”

collaboration.skype.com

Beckham has come a long way from her days taking appointments at the Waldorf-Astoria, and nearly every step since has been filmed, not just for posterity but for marketing purposes, which will be put to use for the Skype Collaboration Project, an interactive editorial experience that highlights the intersection between tech and creative. Beckham’s segment goes live later this month.

“We had a sense that we should be recording behind-the-scenes,” said Duane. “There were times in London when we questioned the purpose and asked, ‘What is the purpose?’ Now, we see the purpose.” Plus the practical payoff of filming day in and day out has triggered a little nostalgia. “I’m always so busy moving on to the next thing and I always want to do better than the previous season. I’m very ambitious and we move at such at a fast pace, so what’s great about Skype is actually looking back at our story,” said Beckham. “I get emotional actually watching it.”
Article credit : wwd.com

14-02-2014
V.I.P.

UK InStyle, March 2014

zinio.com

UK Glamour, March 2014

storemags.com

Teen Vogue, February 2014
Suki Waterhouse by Angelo Pennetta

storemags.com

Elle France, February 2014

pdfmagazines.org

US Vogue, January 2014
Chaley Rose by Angelo Penetta

zinio.com

UK Vogue, October 2013
Natasa Vojnovic by Yelena Yamchhuk

magazine3k.com

Harper's Bazaar Australia, January 2014
Miranda Kerr by Terry Richardson

pursuitist.com

UK Harper's Bazaar, October 2013
Elinor Weedon by Tom Allen

zinio.com

The Gentlewoman FW13.14
Stella Tennant & Pat Cleveland by Benjamin Alexander Husbey

streeters.com & replimited.com

El Pais Semanal, December 2013
Patricia van der Vilet by David Roemer

imcmagazine.com

InStyle Turkey, February 2014

periodik.cz

S Moda
Karolina Kurkova by Eric Guillemain

fashiongonerouge.com

14-02-2014
V.I.P.

UK Vogue, August 2013
Bette Frank by Frank Paul

vogue.co.uk

Harper's Bazaar Australia, September 2013
Holly Rose by Simon Upton

zinio.com

Bergdorf Goodman
Marte van Haaster by Greg Harris

bergdorfgoodman.com

The Edit,
Emma Watson by Bjorn Ioos

net-a-porter.com

The Edit
Kate Bosworth by Koray Birand

net-a-porter.com

US Glamour, September 2012
Elizabeth Olsen by Patrick Demarchelier

zinio.com

Gwyneth Paltrow for Goop

goop.com

Lupita Nyong'o

zimbio.com

Emma Watson

celebritycity.com

Brooke Shields

zimbio.com

Kerry Washington

popwatch.ew.com

Olivia Munn

justjared.com

Natalia Vodianova

vogue.co.uk

Vogue China editor-in-chief Angelica Cheung

vogue.co.uk

Emilia Clarke

justjared.com

3 Days Ago
backstage pass

im not sure the dress on gaga is victoria beckham...or is it????

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beckham, denim, dresses, victoria