How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-09-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
not THIS woman...

Well that is quite harsh, there is plenty of women like me who agree with that sentance and appreciate her style, and how easy it is to take something out of the context like this and hate on it?!

I think its awsome she also actually mentioned there that she has still alot to learn, i never saw J.Lo or Gwen say something like that.

And as soon as her collection is available in UK, hopefully i will get to try that first dress out when i am there.

08-09-2008
V.I.P.

anyone have her agents number pls? pm me

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
08-09-2008
V.I.P.

Full collection>
Victoria Beckham Unveils Her Dress Line

Victoria Beckham Unveils Her Dress Line
by WWD Staff
Posted Monday September 08, 2008
From WWD.COM

Quote:
Skeptics take note: Victoria Beckham just might be as savvy about her fashion career as she is serious. This week she is unveiling her latest product addition, a dress line, not in a high-hype celebrity show, but in a series of one-on-one meetings in a suite at the Waldorf Towers. Which makes perfect sense, given the tight group of 18, each looking very Posh. Make that post-Posh. Because these are not flashy pop-princess fare, but sleek, chic dresses with a sensuality derived from cut — long, lean, curvaceous — rather than bareness. “To me, ankles and collarbones are what’s sexy,” Beckham said. And dresses that suit a range of women are what’s smart. Thus, every look can be worn with a bra, some have sleeves and most, inner corsetry that Beckham insists is comfortable. “I didn’t want to make this challenging,” she explained. “I want it to be sexy and flattering, but in a way women will find sexy.” Her challenge, she acknowledged, is to get women willing to ante up — the line wholesales from $600 to $1,400 — past whatever preconceived notions they might have regarding her former cheesy pop-star status to take a frock or two in the fitting room. “When they get into the dresses,” she said, “they’re going to love them.”

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/vict...module=today#/

08-09-2008
V.I.P.

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/vict...module=today#/

08-09-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

I've heard a lot of people saying good things about this. It looks pretty decent to me. Celebrity designer comments aside, I will give her that she's involved enough in fashion (in terms of constantly shopping, purchasing and trying things on) that I'm sure she has a good eye for detail, fabrics, fit, etc. I'm not a fan simply because it's not really my aesthetic. It's very 'her'. I think the best pieces are the ones with a separate look/fabric from top to bottom because the solid color dresses show the boning a bit. but otherwise, it looks nice.

08-09-2008
V.I.P.

Roland Mouret and Narciso Rodriguez called, they want their dresses back, Vic!!!

trendsetter

thanks so much for posting these. this is absolutely her style and she's done a solid job. i love the blue one, great color.

i'm particularly fond of the black and white dresses with the dipping neck line. i love the shapes of those dresses.

they're much more simple than i thought they'd be. but simple works here. really really nice first line. i'm happy for her.

tfs star

I am not a dress girl myself but I love seeing women in dresses and no one rocks a dress better than VB, IMO! I think she's done a great job with this collection. I also like the fact that she actually stands behind her product 100% and wears EVERYTHING she puts out there - she is a walking ad for her brand and I it!

08-09-2008
barcode

Well, it looks well made, I have to give it that. And it's definitely the most "fashiony" of all the celeb lines.

(I secretly love the iridescent blue/black cap sleeved dress )

08-09-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

I agree Spike, that's one of the strongest and the most original. I also agree that the line is heavily influenced by the designers she wears and RM does stand out. But there is some originality in there as well.

08-09-2008
V.I.P.

She was at the Marc Jacobs show wearing her own dress (what? Jacobs is her friend he wont mind :p ) it looks very well made and flattering, but i loveee the women she named that she would wish to wear her dresses, that really surprised me.

ZigazigHa

08-09-2008
barcode

^ The only thing that's bothering me about that dress is the bust. There's a point at the apex.

I'm guessing that it's intentional, since it's not difficult to eradicate that sort of problem. But it still bothers me because it looks like a mistake.

08-09-2008
V.I.P.

^^That is true and i noticed it on the models aswell, its intentional i think but it looks sloppy and not well executed.

09-09-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddokiddo View Post
Roland Mouret and Narciso Rodriguez called, they want their dresses back, Vic!!!
Yes it´s very, very similar.

trendsetter

I love it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beckham, denim, dresses, victoria