How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2008
V.I.P.

^^There is alredy a thread for her brand, and the collection was posted there.

30-12-2008
rising star

i don't mind that a lot of people think she has copied other designers, i think her designs are wonderful! and extremely flattering to the everyday woman. i'd pay the price tag if i were in the market for one of those types of dresses. they're stunning!

30-12-2008
V.I.P.

Beckham a design hit with shoppers.

Quote:
The British shopping public ratified Victoria Beckham's successful debut as a fashion designer at Selfridges yesterday. The presence of her name on the shop floor alongside such greats as Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood and John Galliano was quite an achievement for a designer who unveiled her first collection of dresses just three months ago. More impressive still was the fact that by 3pm on its first day on sale only three dresses were left unsold.

Beckham and her backer, Simon Fuller, have sought to maximise the excitement that has surrounded The Dress Collection since it launched to unexpected rave reviews at New York fashion week by limiting production in the first season to an extremely exclusive 400 dresses worldwide. Gossip about whether Beckham had expert help from Roland Mouret in designing the collection - an accusation both she and Mouret have repeatedly denied - has served only to fuel interest.

Selfridges, which bought 58 of the dresses, has exclusive selling rights until next month, when dresses go on sale in Harrods, as well as Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus in the USA, and Restir in Tokyo. Selfridges has received 17 dresses so far, which it split between its London and Manchester stores.

Remaining on the rail yesterday afternoon were one strapless, hourglass evening dress in a size eight - retailing at a cool £1,920 - and two simple black silk sequined shifts with soft fabric belts, in sizes 12 and 14, for £1,390. While Beckham was mid-flight home to America, a waiting list had already begun for styles arriving in February.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...ns-hit-fashion

Quote:
BERGDORF BABE: Victoria Beckham can talk about her own collection like the best of designers, so it’s no surprise Bergdorf Goodman sales associates and personal shoppers applauded her Friday morning at a private gathering before the store opened. Beckham was in town to introduce her spring dress collection to a crowd of about 65. Wearing one of her own designs, she showcased the new dresses on three models and described each look. An early delivery of the collection arrived exclusively at Bergdorf’s last Thursday. “Our team has been tremendously impressed with how thoughtfully Victoria Beckham approached her first collection,” said Bergdorf’s president and chief executive officer Jim Gold. Beckham’s dresses are already proving to be a hit in some other quarters of the world. At a private shopping event at Selfridges in London and in Manchester, customers got to meet Posh and buy dresses, with some items already generating waiting lists.
WWD

Quote:
Despite facing rumors that she may have received a little help from her designer friend Roland Mouret on her new line, Victoria Beckham's getting the ultimate revenge: success. Her collection of dresses is doing remarkably well, in spite of These Economic Times. Posh somehow is defying the laws of physics, gravity, and, er, economics right now by launching a luxury brand when no one wants to buy luxury, and then having it, you know, sell. She hit Bergdorf Goodman last Friday to personally introduce an early delivery of the line (which ranges from $1,000 to $3,000) to an intimate crowd of 65. And less than a week later, a Bergdorf representative confirmed to us that half the stock is sold out. This follows her line's success in England where Selfridges sold out of her entire collection at both the London and Manchester locations in one day. "I don't have a doubt in my mind that these special pieces will sell out," Linda Fargo, Bergdorf's senior vice president, Fashion Office & Store Presentation, told us. "Our gals still want the rare and hard-to-find pieces, and especially things that are so flattering and well made. They're sexy but elegant at the same time — a lethal combination for my money." The luxury department store expects five or six additional styles when the global launch takes place in February. Sounds like a happy victory for Miss Victoria.
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2008/...ss_line_h.html

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 30-12-2008 at 05:21 PM.
31-12-2008
backstage pass

Its great to hear how well her collection is doing. I'm so proud of her lol, she should be very happy.

31-12-2008
tfs star

Nice to know that her line is doing well. She should be proud!

06-01-2009
front row

I like her collection
it is quite beautiful for the structure and the color mixing
but at the same time I do have to say
I don't enjoy the first dress of this topic board
because it lacks chicness and just looks so obscure
She does well but not well enough that I feel she is someone to really discover as a beautiful designer

trendsetter

im blown away by the intro video, so terribly cute, and so stylish! never would have expected that from a celebrity collection

V.I.P.

dVb by Victoria Beckham S/S 09 Denim Collection. (lookbook pictures, includng mens & tops)

Image Source: Denimology

http://www.denimology.co.uk/2009/01/...ction.php#more

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 14-01-2009 at 07:17 PM.
19-01-2009
backstage pass

I love that she makes flares, which are my personal favorite. Thanks hun.

19-01-2009
front row

I've got a few of her sunglasses which I still use and love.

18-02-2009
front row

Victoria Beckham Fall 2009 RTW

style.com

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving
Albert Einstein
18-02-2009
V.I.P.

oh lord

*bangs heads*

more deserving DESIGNERS are going broke.

But satisfaction brought it back
18-02-2009
front row

style.com

Albert Einstein
18-02-2009
front row

style.com

Albert Einstein
18-02-2009