How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-04-2008
front row

Victoria Beckham (Denim, Dresses, etc.)
I know there's already a thread dedicated for her, but I couldn't find a thread for her line.

Basically, she'll be designing jeans, sunglasses and fragrances for dVb style brand. But I read somewhere she also designed handbags that will only be sold in Japan. Anyone who knew more pls contribute to this thread. dVb style site is down at the moment.

I would really love to know what do you guys (fashion savvy ppl) think about her denim (or other) line.

These are some of the examples:

source : facebook

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving
Albert Einstein

25-04-2008
rising star

Victoria Beckham's jeans fly off the shelves of L.A's designer boutiques ... into the bargain basement stores

I guess this is where I put this link. If I were in California....I'd grab the bargain at the discount store mentioned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773

front row

^^That headline was so funny I have to agree, there's nothing 'visionary' about her designs. I just don't think she could compete with the rest more establish denim company. She's good at putting outfits together but 'designing' something, idk not so much i guess..

Here are some of her handbag designs:

source : facebook

That bag from 2nd pic looks like a birkin rip-offs . Idk, what do you guys thinks?

Albert Einstein
26-04-2008
V.I.P.

Victoria really is a savy buisnesswoman and i love the fact that she is developing her company slowly and with good pace.She started with designing jeans for Rock & Republic then went on her own, put out sunglasses line, fragrances, make-up line designed bags for ST, put her own jeans out and now 5 years later after millions earned she can move on and will release her line of dresses in the fall.

The best thing is that she didnt run and have her fashion show like every celebrity out there but she took her time and as a result her product is sold in best boutiques in the world, its impressive that her line is carried by Saks, Henri Bendel, Maxfield, Fred Segal, Collette, Harrods.etc

26-04-2008
V.I.P.

The new catalouge with the bags she designed for Samantha Thavasa and her other products:

Source : denden

27-04-2008
rising star

The best thing is that she didnt run and have her fashion show like every celebrity out there but she took her time and as a result her product is sold in best boutiques in the world, its impressive that her line is carried by Saks, Henri Bendel, Maxfield, Fred Segal, Collette, Harrods.etc[/quote]

Victoria Beckham at Collette? I would have thought the Collette people would have had more sense. Idiots.

27-04-2008
front row

Hmmm... I'm confused, is Samantha Thavasa a brand name? Or the name of the bag or something? If it's a brand, then she's designing the bags not under her own line? I don't even know what I'm talking about now..

Albert Einstein
27-04-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikka000 View Post
The best thing is that she didnt run and have her fashion show like every celebrity out there but she took her time and as a result her product is sold in best boutiques in the world, its impressive that her line is carried by Saks, Henri Bendel, Maxfield, Fred Segal, Collette, Harrods.etc
Victoria Beckham at Collette? I would have thought the Collette people would have had more sense. Idiots.[/quote]

Ehem.. do you mind to clarify?

Albert Einstein
27-04-2008
front row

Victoria Beckham refuses signings for dVb jeans range
April 16, 2008 12:00am

VICTORIA Beckham's hopes of becoming a fashion mogul have taken another blow after she was blasted for reportedly refusing to do signings for her dVb range.
The Spice Girls star - who recently starred in a series of adverts for US fashion designer Marc Jacobs - left Los Angeles fans disappointed after allegedly turning down the opportunity to promote the fashion collection in person.

Fraser Ross, who owns Los Angeles boutique Kitson, told Britain's Star magazine: "I'm fighting with Victoria's people. We have customers asking if she will come in. She lives here - she really should come out and support her fans."

Victoria's spokesperson says the mother-of-three's hectic schedule makes it impossible for her to visit every store.

The representative said: "Sadly, all of the stockists around the globe have been requesting in-store signings and it isn't possible to visit every store."

Meanwhile, Victoria's appearance on the cover of British Vogue magazine's April issue has been criticised by fashion industry professionals.

One critic said: "Normally Vogue is all about what's hip and what's not, and features a stunning Amazon of a woman on the cover associated with cutting-edge fashion.

"Instead, we get a modestly talented dancer who likes clothes and was lucky enough to engineer her way into one of the biggest girl groups in the world."[/quote] source : news.com.au

Harsh!

Albert Einstein
28-04-2008
rising star

Following the report shown above, Kitson, previously saying that they would drop the dVb line, is now happy to keep it. Vicky B went shopping in Kitson several times (in other words, huge paparazzi coverage) right after the news was reported, and that seems to have saved herself from the embarrassment.

I always wonder if dVb jeans are really as good as other premium jeans or if it just all for the sake of name. Skinny people like Vicky B or other Hollywood babes/models usually look easily good in jeans whether they're from Primark or True Religion anyway so celebrity fashion lines like this really don't work for me.

Last edited by Gwennilicious; 28-04-2008 at 06:12 AM.
03-05-2008
front row

There's nothing special about her design ... everything is mediocre but at least better than Paris Hilton.

V.I.P.

Here is Naomi and Tyra wearing her jeans:

Celeb-City

denden

03-05-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsvr View Post
April 16, 2008 12:00am

VICTORIA Beckham's hopes of becoming a fashion mogul have taken another blow after she was blasted for reportedly refusing to do signings for her dVb range.

Harsh!
This report was so silly really,she has done tons of signings for her jeans its just straight out lies.But then again the press has never been kind to her and she has time and time prooven them wrong.Besides having your product out there is never the same as making music, with Cds you can tell pretty soon wheter you failed or succedded with fashion it takes time, and the line might seel great in different countries.etc
She made 15 million pounds in 2007 alone from all her lines, so i think she is doing just fine, haters can hate she is laughing all the way to the bank.

The real stroy as reported by UK Vogue:

Quote:
An article published by World Entertainment News recently claimed that Fraser Ross, owner of boutique Kitson, blamed the range's poor performance on Beckham's reluctance to promote it - something Ross has since denied. Kitson and Fred Segal were among the US retailers that were said to have dropped the label.

"The rumours are ridiculous - Kitson is extremely proud to be selling dVb by Victoria Beckham," Ross states. "We are fully committed to the dVb collection and our customers and Victoria's fans ask for it daily. I've seen next season's collection and I can't wait to get it in-store, especially the new dVb men's collection, launching in September." (April 15 2008, AM)
http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/s...asp?stid=51997

03-05-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsvr View Post
Hmmm... I'm confused, is Samantha Thavasa a brand name? Or the name of the bag or something? If it's a brand, then she's designing the bags not under her own line? I don't even know what I'm talking about now..
Yes she is designing the bags FOR them, its called Samantha Thavasa by Victoria Beckham line, she has been with them for the past 5 years.

03-05-2008
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I like some of her jeans... however... why does Victoria Beckham herself wear them so tight?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beckham, denim, dresses, victoria