Victoria Beckham S/S 2018 New York - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-09-2017
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
I don't think you mean that.
I sure do. Plein is not my style at all but aesthetic put aside, he do have a vision, a girl in mind and through his shows, you see his vision of the world, his point of view.
On a paper, Plein has a lot in common with Beckham. She used to symbolize the idea of euro-trash that is pretty much a base in Plein's aesthetic. They became designers after a career somewhere else and they have a good business sense.

Victoria, before being a fashion designer, was/is a fashion icon so people who goes to her admire/like/respect her style and somehow they want to look like her or capture what she is portraying.

But, by trying to fit in, she lost herself. I have two VB from her earlier work but today, i'm not even interested in buying her clothes.

15-09-2017
V.I.P.

^ I disagree, I don't think she lost herself, she evolved. In fact i think she found a perfect balance between the old, and new VB. Cathy Horn singled out her collection this season, and mentioned this, and how well she has adapated her brand:

Quote:
With the exception of Victoria Beckham, the rest of the Sunday shows were tedious.

Beckham has moved away from her ultrafitted dresses, signaling that she and her team know how to adapt to new attitudes. The appealing elements of this show were the breezy day dresses in silk or crÍpe (some with a subtle frill), the big cotton shirts (a trend this season) and slightly oversize blazers, and the fresh pastels mixed with sand and chalk tones.
thecut.com

15-09-2017
fashion icon

^^
You can evolve while still being yourself. Let's be clear, she is not a leader, just a follower and she should be able to adapt those trends into her aesthetic...If she had one in the first place.

I'm sorry but for me, the only thing that says it's VB is the fact that she took her bow at the end.

I'm not convinced and even Cathy Horyn cannot make me believe in this. I'm sure it does sell well but i'm here for fashion. I'm not a retailer.

15-09-2017
rising star

This whole thing of VB trying to be the Phoebe Philo of NY is not even funny anymore, is ridiculous. I don’t think that a woman who buys Celine would EVER consider VB as second or third option for her clothes, so please, Victoria, stop.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, beckham, s or s, victoria, york