Victoria Beckham for Target - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2017
V.I.P.

This is going to sell very, very well. I predict an absolute riot on Net-A-Porter for it.

17-03-2017
doldrums

There's some cute children pieces.

18-03-2017
backstage pass

Looking through the collection I think she has a definite hit, these clothes will sell very, very well. It's quite a bit better than what she puts out for her regular RTW shows, it's much more streamlined and cohesive, and oddly truer to her original style aesthetic than anything she's put out for the past four, five seasons.

20-03-2017
V.I.P.

Feels very 60s. Still not completely sold, but there are a few nice pieces.

09-04-2017
V.I.P.

Predictably the UK site was an absolute nightmare. It's still queuing everyone on it for what is left, but I don't even think the stock is even left to buy.

11-04-2017
V.I.P.

I managed to snag the blue/white gingham top and the navy sweatshirt with white embroidery. Very lovely pieces.

11-04-2017
V.I.P.

did anyone else buy anything? i didn't. not sure what to get. a lot of the items seem to either very short too babyish, prone to wrinkling or are sold out online.

backstage pass

This was the worst trip to Target I ever took. I stopped shopping there a few years back, their goods deteriorated. But I went to check out VB line. 2 cute childrens' jackets, one was a rain coat. The black and white skirt advertised by Sasha on tv was not as impressive in person, but it was the only thing that caught my attention. I really thought I would buy something but I truly didn't like anything. Clearly, the focus was children because the clothes looked more detailed and better executed than the women's. If I had a small kid I may have bought the clear rain coat. It was cute. Nothing for me though.

12-04-2017
V.I.P.

i wanna see some reviews!

12-04-2017
V.I.P.

I've looked at a view, people seem to be really happy with the product from what I can see. Although the looser styling of everything seems to have made people somewhat confused on the sizing. It's all supposed to be a bit shapeless but it seems some people saw this as an occasion to really size down and make the pieces a little more...fitted.

12-04-2017
V.I.P.

^ Seeing a lot of different types of women loving their purchases on Social Media, and it seems, especially mothers with kids liked the items. And I never seen a collabo of Target get so much PR from a global point of view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
did anyone else buy anything? i didn't. not sure what to get. a lot of the items seem to either very short too babyish, prone to wrinkling or are sold out online.
After some trouble, I managed to order the floral silk dress, Calla Lily Top, and the white shirt. However really wanted the bug embellished or pink lace bombers!! My friend is in America, and kindly offered to get them for me, but they were sold out! The pricing on eBay is shameful, even more than usual, and I wouldn't pay on principle!!

17-04-2017
V.I.P.

I don't know about in the US, but in the UK the stuff doesn't really seem to be going for all that much on eBay. A few pieces seem to be doing quite well but in general, it's not gone too much over its original prices. The UK-based reaction to the collection (even though it sold out) seems to have been quite luke-warm. The shapeless dresses and casual cuts on things didn't sit well with most people I've spoken to.

Had it been a series of her more form fitting 'work' style dresses, I reckon it would have found itself a bigger audience here.

17-04-2017
V.I.P.

eBay re-sellers not making money form this makes me so happy! And i think since this was about her VVB collection, it's to be expected it wouldn't be about more fitted pieces that are in her mainline. And it really was mostly about an American market anyway, the sizes i got worked perfectly for me though.

The timing of this collection was perfect though, so many posts on IG of ladies in the bunny print pieces.etc, and they all look great.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 17-04-2017 at 06:45 AM.
17-04-2017
V.I.P.

It seems the only thing that reached high prices here, when you look through the sold listings, is the lily print pieces. I'm guessing VB herself wearing the shirt and pants for the launch event have helped that one along an awful lot.

17-04-2017
V.I.P.

i saw most of the items in store one week after it went on sale. it was mostly plus size items that were left in store - as well as the childrens wear.

the quality did not look impressive for the womens stuff.
the scalloped blackwhite top and skirt that sasha wore in the ad was a disappointment. the material was thick - it would have looked so much better in crepe/polyester.

i tried on the calla lily top for 30$. it was too long. would look odd tucked in - and i LOVE calla lilies!

so disappointing - i did not buy a thing.

i saw the sold out blue/white poplin dress on a woman on the street in NY - it looked really nice and not wrinkly at all. i should have asked her if she had ironed the dress.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beckham, target, victoria