How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-04-2011
trendsetter

I sincerely hope the Galliano brand won't become a third tier brand and if does happen it means LVMH would be stupid enough to bring it to it's knees and jeopardize their reputation. There has been talk about Galliano buying back his name which sounds like indentured servitude but he needs to understand that no one can rightfully take advantage of you when you're down, unless you let them. His talent is too great to be caste aside and I firmly believe he is the finite replacement to Karl Lagerfeld of Chanel because he is more talented than him. Stick to Karl please!!!!

01-05-2011
clever ain't wise

The core of Chanel doesn't feel very Galliano. Too strict, if you will. I would have thought Ackermann of Slimane.

What Galliano should have is his own brand.

01-05-2011
chaos reigns

Errm ... why no one has mentioned retirement? Or consulting ... he's not exactly a spring chicken and he has certainly worked his @ss off.

I think he shud get a place in Spain and collab every once in a while.

You deserve it, John!

01-05-2011
trendsetter

^^ Galliano only designed based on the whimsical and free form feel of how long the Dior leash was given to him. I believe he is able to grown up and he was playing into the whimsical frenzy of what buyers wanted from him. I only say that he is a fit for Chanel because through all that struggle and pain his last namesake collection showed the fine detail that was really his inner self coming through.

I mean Chanel did short hotpants and miniskirts and hooker shoes during Karl's rein and it was a three ring circus that women in 50s who could afford but not buy. So why not John's problem was that he wanted to show his practical side and move onto his own and it was exemplified in his last collection under his name.

Karl is not more talented than John and vice versa, I don't see why not given the former is going to retire and Ackermann is just too dark in his designs and doesn't give the whimsical happy feeling when looking at his clothes.

Last edited by angel222; 01-05-2011 at 11:57 PM.

02-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramarine View Post
Errm ... why no one has mentioned retirement? Or consulting ... he's not exactly a spring chicken
have u gone mad? he is only 50! You make him sound like some mere fossil!

02-05-2011
chaos reigns

Thats not what I meant .. look at Karl .. but John hass worked since a veeery young age and look at all he's given us .. he deserves some time off ... maybe the whole thing happened because he was too stressed tired ... Id gladly take a vacation

03-05-2011
windowshopping

I just have a feeling that John Galliano will be back at Dior before we know it, Like Dom Imus.

03-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramarine View Post
Thats not what I meant .. look at Karl .. but John hass worked since a veeery young age and look at all he's given us .. he deserves some time off ... maybe the whole thing happened because he was too stressed tired ... Id gladly take a vacation
well he's certainly on "vacation" indefinitely at this point

03-05-2011
V.I.P.

hes not on vacation now, hes in a nightmare.... no one wore Galliano at the MET ball...sad!!!

03-05-2011
fashion insider

^Yeah, but Karlie wore Dior, very brave!

03-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by get fashion View Post
indeed. i didn't notice her at all.... there are too many pics, but im happy to hear that
his last show was amazing, too bad no one will wear those dresses.at least for now...

03-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by get fashion View Post
Indeed, altho i think she kind of owed it to him since he picked her to open like 10 of his shows for the past few years. I think she's the longest running show opener in recent history. I know Galliano was very fond of Gisele also but I think Karlie holds the record.

04-05-2011
trendsetter

I don't see it as "being brave"; she's the face of the label, so it only makes sense.

05-05-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebigt View Post
I don't see it as "being brave"; she's the face of the label, so it only makes sense.
very true. most of the celebs/models i've seen still sporting dior have contractual agreements to do so.

07-05-2011
front row

Galliano didn't deserve this... what he said was terrible, but poor man... too talented to just let it go. I can't imagine Dior without his magical storys. it is silly what they are doing to him, what he said.. i dont think he knew what he was saying.. dosent make any sence.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
career, dior, galliano, john, lawsuit, lost