How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-06-2011
V.I.P.

So there is just a hole in the schedule for Couture Week where the Dior Show would have been?

21-06-2011
trendsetter

^It would be so ad hoc that John was making Moss´weeding dress in a rehab clinic...

21-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
So there is just a hole in the schedule for Couture Week where the Dior Show would have been?
no i thought it was mentioned that the Atelier was designing a colelction

21-06-2011
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholoChic View Post
^It would be so ad hoc that John was making Moss´weeding dress in a rehab clinic...
More like ad hot

21-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
So he goes to court tomorrow? I hope it goes as well as it can...
Shallow person that I am, I am wondering what he is going to wear and if he is going to strut up the walkway and strike poses. I hope that he brings it like Naomi did. :p

21-06-2011
trendsetter

^I wonder he is going to dress in black, like Moss dressed when she was to Scotland Yard

21-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ I just hope he doesn't wear some over the top thing- this could be a serious legal situation for him, even disregarding the career damage- he doesn't want to get the court people against him as soon as he shows up....

21-06-2011
trendsetter

Good luck for the man who put Paris and France in so high level with
his precious and crazy collections!

21-06-2011
fashion elite

Galliano in black coat, singings .....I go back to

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

21-06-2011
trendsetter

I hope he paint his gray chin hair...
or maybe not
It can add drama and sorrow to the trial

21-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ NO sword and Capt Jack Sparrow boots, though...absolutely not!!

22-06-2011
Looking Up

Quote:
John Galliano took antidepressants 'like candy'

John Galliano, the disgraced British fashion designer, will insist he lost all reason after taking antidepressants "like candy" as he stands trial today for hurling anti-Semitic abuse at customers in a Paris café.

The 50-year-old who was fired as creative director of fashion giant Dior in March insists that a triple addiction to Valium, alcohol and sleeping pills made him "ill".

Paris prosecutors will, by contrast, present Mr Galliano as a chronic bigot whose hate-filled prejudices came to the fore when he was drunk.
Anti-Semitism is a criminal offence in France and the former "enfant terrible" of the fashion world faces a six months jail spell, as well as a £21,000 fine if found guilty of casting "public insults based on the origin, religious affiliation, race or ethnicity" at three people.
Timeline of the John Galliano scandal
Mr Galliano, who once commanded the world's catwalks, can expect a huge media scrum as he walks into the 17th Chamber of the Paris Correctional Court.
In February he is said to have called Geraldine Bloch, a museum curator, a "dirty Jew" and her boyfriend, receptionist Philippe Virgitti, an "Asian bastard" as they sipped cocktails in La Perle, a bar next door to his Paris flat.
An unnamed 47-year-old French woman has also accused him of inflicting a similar verbal tirade in the same bar last October.
All three witnesses are expected to give evidence in person in court.
In pictures: The many faces of John Galliano
Mr Galliano's case has been further hampered by the emergence of a video in which he shouts "I love Hitler" and tells two Italian women that their parents should have been "gassed" in Nazi concentration camps.
Neither of the women has pressed charges.
"One obvious thing is that John Galliano was ill," his lawyer Aurelien Hamelle said yesterday (Tues).
"He had a triple addiction to alcohol, benzodiazepine (Valium) and sleeping pills ... The combined effect of these drugs is a state of complete and utter abandon."
Pressure to perform led him to drink heavily and take Valium pills "like candy" as well as sleeping pills regularly, Miss Hamelle said.
"When he was in that state he had no way of knowing or remembering what he said."
Mr Galliano has apologised repeatedly for the recorded remarks, and entered rehab.
Miss Bloch's lawyer, Yves Beddouk, said his client was only looking for a euro of symbolic damages and the publication of the court decision in the fashion magazines Elle and Vogue and in the French daily Le Figaro.
The court case is expected to last one afternoon, with a verdict due in September.
telegraph

22-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ I hope he is given a reasonable punishment and allowed to get his life back together, as I would anyone with his problems...I have no idea how he and the Karl Lagerfelds of the world can stand up under that sort of creative and business pressure to produce non-stop; he is but the latest in a long, sad line of creative geniuses who have burned themselves out under the constant demands....We only see the money and the fame- imagine what it is like to wake up every day knowing the expectations to produce over and over again, all in the worst sort of public scrutiny...Get well, John.

22-06-2011
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
Shallow person that I am, I am wondering what he is going to wear and if he is going to strut up the walkway and strike poses. I hope that he brings it like Naomi did. :p
Galliano has for his hearing, looking tanned, his hair brown with blonde highlights, wearing a dark blazer and black sarouel pants.

via wwd

22-06-2011
trendsetter

^just as I was imaging!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
career, galliano, john