How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-09-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
You make a good point of course....The idealist in me hopes that a visionary like John Galliano will always be appreciated for being a genius. I sometimes disliked his Dior collections, but then looking at the detail, I was awestruck. Always. However much I disliked the general look of the clothes, there was always something exquisite once you looked at the detail, the elegance of the cuts.

Personally, I was absolutely in love with his last few namesake collections...perhaps that means I'm not in tune with the Owens drones and minimalistic Philo whorshippers....I really could not care less...honestly....all I know is Galliano's namesake collections have been among the top three each year. Yeah, in my book, it goes without saying doesn't it?

In a way I'm glad he got away from this unforgiving money machine....but at the same time...I crave more of his designs and runway shows.
Preach it sister! I couldn't agree more with this, if that doesn't totally contradict what I've already said, which I don't think it entirely does...we need to replace Horyn and Menkes---there are new fashion analyzers in town! In our book, Galliano will always be relevant...and genius!

09-09-2011
flaunt the imperfection

maybe the met's next exhibit should be of john galliano's work?
i would like to see that happen...and i believe it should...

very glad that he didn't receive some unjust sentencing...
the rantings of a person who is out of his head should not cause them to lose everything in the way that galliano has...

i don't know what his situation/ relationship has been like with the powers that be...
but i continue to feel that everything that has happened to him is terribly unfair...

wishing him only the best...

10-09-2011
front row

Hire Galliano Back!!!

12-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Franca Sozzani, who publicly stated her allegiance to John Galliano right after he was fired from Dior in February, hasn't changed her tune: “Hire back John Galliano."

She continues: “Look. I understand their point of view [at Dior]. I understand they couldn’t just say, ‘Bad boy! We forgive you! Come back!’ But it’s really a pity. And I will never believe he believed what he said. I think he was drunk and alone in a bar. When people go crazy, they go crazy. It’s a human case, it’s not political or religious. He didn’t kill anyone!”
fashionologie

12-09-2011
trendsetter

Franca Sozzani has a lot of tolerance!

V.I.P.

I love when people have a voice, and actually speak up
Franca gets major points for not holding back

12-09-2011
trendsetter

^Agree! most of people are afraid of the LVMH monster... so they are so silent, loving and missing Galliano in secret.

V.I.P.

A big bravo to Franca for voicing her honest opinion, eventhough LVMH is her magazine's lead advertiser.

V.I.P.

I think with the proper PR set up, they could have brought John back- a couple of genius collections and his illness would have been accepted and he would have put it all behind him....I am starting to get a bad vibe about this whole Marc Jacobs situation...

12-09-2011
V.I.P.

who is Franca? I'm glad someone is speaking publicly for John's sake. she's right on all points.

12-09-2011
tfs star

^ Franca Sozzani? Editor of Vogue Italia.
Posted via Mobile Device

12-09-2011
backstage pass

I totally thought that next Met exhibit would be all about Johnny boy...but nope, Prada and ole' Schiap (Elsa Schiaparelli--if there are ppl. who don't know who Franca is, then I'm guessing the same about Elsa)...would have loved a JG exhibit...I only think Jacobs and Duffy are in for the $$$...this would be the 2nd Marc @ Dior, and potentially the worst...b/c. if Jacobs really screws Dior up, it is going to be a TOUGH way out!

12-09-2011
Hell on Heels

^ there's no way they're gonna do something to honour john after what happened - sadly

anyway, im not particularly fond of franca but i love how forward and open she's been in supporting galliano . and she has done from day 1

29-12-2011
V.I.P.

i bet an exhibition of john galliano for his own label, Givenchy, Dior would be AMAZING!
at MET or in Paris (i don't know when the Musée de la Mode should re-open), or London.

my bf and (especially) I were wondering what was happening with J.Galliano. so will spend this calm afternoon reading the backpages.

I totaly envisage the Galliano exhibition. It would be a HUGE exhibition, including LOT of archives scrapbooks and stuff. I think an Hommage to Mr. Robinson (RIP) would also be a MUST in such an exhibition. Galliano was a two-head from mid 90s til early 00s (from my knowledge).

29-12-2011
tfs star

As much as I would love that exhibition to happen, I don´t think LVMH would lend Givenchy and Dior clothes for it, they already did an expo in Russia and launched a book filled with John´s work for the house giving him practicaly no credit for it.

Madeleine Vionnet.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
career, galliano, john