How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2012
fashion insider

^
The beauty of media, they don't want to tell the world the good things about you, they want to tear you apart limb from limb. It's rude for someone to invade your life and spread the negative things about you to everyone else. And even though I still don't approve Galliano of his comments, I don't think that would reflect my opinions about what he is as a designer and what he's designed for the house of Dior for more than a decade. He is still a truly talented designer, he's got the magic London spark which I find does not exist in the London talent of today (With the exceptions of Christopher, Phoebe, Sarah, Stella & Paul).

Will over-the-top design be the thing in the near future with minimalist talents like Raf and potentially Hedi doing couture? Only time will tell.

But if Galliano goes back to design again, it would really be something to look forward to, a fresh Galliano presented on a fashion schedule again.

07-08-2012
trendsetter

^ I totally agree with you on the media part, that is so sad and unfortunate that this is what it came to, instead of looking at a case in a fair manner they try to destroy people & sensationalize the story. We all have our faults and misjudgments of people, I don't think its fair that his racism (in a private moment) be the basis of the ruining of his career, there are so many well known people that have done worse things like (rape) or (sexually assault) women and their careers are still flourishing. Mr Galliano was wrong and he was also drunk, its crazy that a drunken blurb can do this to your life. I don't think he deserved this at all.

17-08-2012
V.I.P.

^

Quote:
If rumors are to be believed, John Galliano may be joining Hedi Slimane as a resident of Los Angeles in the near future.
According to a story in The Hollywood Reporter, a kilt-wearing Galliano was seen lunching with Katherine Ross — a former public relations executive for LVMH who now works as a consultant for Balenciaga — in the City of Angels late last month. The next day, he was overheard telling friends that he and his partner Alexis Roche — who worked as a style consultant at Dior during Galliano's tenure — are looking for apartments in Los Angeles, intimating that Roche wants to start a career as a celebrity stylist.
Roche's Twitter account was silent for most of July and as of yet has not offered any updates relating to the rumored move. In March, LA-based jewelry designer Markus Molinari tweeted at Roche, saying that it was "GREAT seeing you and John and that little dog of yours at lunch!" In April, Galliano was spotted breaking bread with Grace Coddington in New York, and just last month he was seen meeting with Anna Wintour in Paris during Couture week.
In June, Slimane announced that he would design Saint Laurent Paris from the city, where he's lived for several years.
-fashionologie.com

17-08-2012
fashion insider

it's sad that he's not working in fashion but it seems that he was having a difficult time after all and now he's just enjoying life, i'm actually glad for him
there were also rumors that people from Dior asked him to come back but he didn't want to so i guess he really needed a break.. maybe he would've ended up worse if he hadn't been fired

21-08-2012
V.I.P.

I think he's just laying low for an extended period of time (longer than we'd like) just to play it safe and be hopeful that people have moved on.

25-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

Moderation Note : Talk regarding John Galliano being stripped of his Legion of Honor title can be directed here, This thread is now reserved for the discussion regarding the career of John Galliano, Thank you.

V.I.P.

Quote:
JOHN GALLIANO REPORTEDLY SUING DIOR

John Galliano is believed to have sued Dior for €15 million (about $18.8 million at current exchange) in a French labor court.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Galliano has filed an employee/employer dispute with the Paris Conseil des prud'hommes, an industrial tribunal that hears cases regarding employment contracts. While details of Galliano's complaint to the court are not known, his hearing is scheduled for Feb. 4, 2013.

Dior dismissed Galliano last March after he was accused of making anti-Semitic remarks in a Paris bar. Last week, the newly installed French President Francois Hollande stripped Galliano of his membership in the country's Legion of Honor.
fashionologie

etre soi-meme

^ about time too

29-08-2012
V.I.P.

What is he suing for? Residual profits Dior made off of designs he created for the house after the scandal?

02-09-2012
Power to the 99%

It appears to me from the article that he's suing for violation of his employment contract.

15-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
John Galliano le retour

Après le scandale qui lui a couté sa place de Directeur artistique chez Dior, John Galliano semble bien décidé à reprendre du service. Aidé de Inttierre SpA chez qui il vient de signer un contrat de 3 ans, le couturier serait déjà en pleine préparation d’une collection (automne hiver 2013-2014) de vêtements et accessoires hommes et femmes pour sa propre maison John Galliano.
La question est, peut-on ne voir en quelqu’un que son talent en choisissant d’ignorer les déboires de sa vie privée? Peut-on oublier, peut-on pardonner les paroles racistes d’une personne droguée, alcoolisée et dépressive? Quand Chris Brown et Bertrand Canta sont aujourd’hui acclamés par la foule, il serait logique de penser que oui.
Quote:
Google Translate:

John Galliano Return

After the scandal that cost him his place as artistic director at Dior, John Galliano seems determined to resume service. Helped Inttierre SpA with whom he has signed a 3-year contract, the designer is already busy preparing a collection (autumn-winter 2013-2014) of clothing and accessories for men and women for his own John Galliano. The question is, can we not see someone's talent by choosing to ignore the troubles of his privacy? Can we forget, we can forgive a person racist lyrics addict, alcoholic and depressed? When Chris Brown and Bertrand Canta is now acclaimed by the crowd, it would be logical to think so.
-theliquorstore.fr

15-12-2012
tfs star

Fantastic, I miss him very much!
His shows/spectacles, his vision...everything!
Best Christmas 2012 news ever!

V.I.P.

Is this source reliable? Can he design under his own name? If yes then I'm ecstatic about it because I've missed him so much, but I won't hold my breath just yet.

V.I.P.

And world will end on 28th j/k

It brightens up my day
ssc

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholybaby View Post
Is this source reliable? Can he design under his own name? If yes then I'm ecstatic about it because I've missed him so much, but I won't hold my breath just yet.
Some good russian sources (like rambler.ru, wday.ru, spletnik.ru, buro247.ru) said that it's true.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
career, galliano, john