How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-12-2012
Hell on Heels

I'm skeptical about this since 'John Galliano' is still owned by LVMH and how is it going to work? I'm all for his return though, so let's hope it's true

15-12-2012
V.I.P.

yes!!!!!!!!

15-12-2012
backstage pass

omg omg omg omg omg!!!!!!!! I am beyond excited for this, he was just my favourite designer and I miss the magic his designs had! That last Galliano show was gloomy and depressing, its time for the King to return

15-12-2012
rising star

I wish I could believe it. All I want for Christmas is Galliano back.

15-12-2012
trendsetter

Im pretty sure that it is the brand John Galliano that signed that contract not the man.

Quote:
JOHN GALLIANO has signed a three-year licensing deal with Ittierre SpA. The Italian manufacturer will produce and distribute the menwear, womenswear and accessories on behalf of the fashion house from autumn/winter 2013-14, reports WWD.
vogue.co.uk

15-12-2012
V.I.P.

^ Yup that is how i read that, the brand not he actual person with the name. LVMH is basically licensing his brand now, which must be even worse insult to John.

15-12-2012
backstage pass

wow this had got me in an emotional roller coaster lol

15-12-2012
backstage pass

I really can't understand why so many "want" Galliano to return so soon. The man is obviously not well-- mentally and physically, and besides that, his creativity has been on a downward spiral for some years leading up to the fateful ousting at LVMH.

If you go back to his work in the 90s, you'll see a fashion visionary in full bloom; his work, his personality, his exuberance-- such a genuine energy and passion. All that seemed lost as he slowly turned into a fashion caricature; the weird and awkward Seigfried & Roy look and style he adopted, and the bloated Vegas style he favored for his designs and shows for his own label and at Dior. This was all so much unlike the spirit of the Galliano I was excited for.

I'd prefer he get well first-- as long as he needs. Then, he can concentrate on his designs. He's not exactly homeless and on the streets, so as much as he was disgraced, he's not impoverished like some tragic character from Les Miiserables.... He was a struggling, and without money back in the late 80s and early 90s-- and managed to create some of the most beautiful, trailblazing fashions that are still strong and inspiration to this day, attracting the most famous models and supporters in the industry. I'm sure he can easily muster the same-- if not even more support when he's ready to return.

15-12-2012
fashion elite

This had better not just be a rumor.

15-12-2012
fashion insider

Hopefully he'll come up with a better designer name unlike N21...

15-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
I'm skeptical about this since 'John Galliano' is still owned by LVMH and how is it going to work? I'm all for his return though, so let's hope it's true
That was my first thought- you would think if someone paid what I would imagine was big bucks for the brand, there would have been some word of it happening...Maybe it will be under a new label?

15-12-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
I really can't understand why so many "want" Galliano to return so soon. The man is obviously not well-- mentally and physically, and besides that, his creativity has been on a downward spiral for some years leading up to the fateful ousting at LVMH.

If you go back to his work in the 90s, you'll see a fashion visionary in full bloom; his work, his personality, his exuberance-- such a genuine energy and passion. All that seemed lost as he slowly turned into a fashion caricature; the weird and awkward Seigfried & Roy look and style he adopted, and the bloated Vegas style he favored for his designs and shows for his own label and at Dior. This was all so much unlike the spirit of the Galliano I was excited for.

I'd prefer he get well first-- as long as he needs. Then, he can concentrate on his designs. He's not exactly homeless and on the streets, so as much as he was disgraced, he's not impoverished like some tragic character from Les Miiserables.... He was a struggling, and without money back in the late 80s and early 90s-- and managed to create some of the most beautiful, trailblazing fashions that are still strong and inspiration to this day, attracting the most famous models and supporters in the industry. I'm sure he can easily muster the same-- if not even more support when he's ready to return.
no offense but no one really knows if he's unstable emotionally or not, it's been more than a year since the accident happened and no one word has come out of his mouth. All that there has been are a couple of pictures of his outings, that's it.

15-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejarc View Post
Im pretty sure that it is the brand John Galliano that signed that contract not the man.

vogue.co.uk
Agree. That ship has sailed. This isn't like Jil Sander leaving her eponymous label. Galliano was kicked out of his, he's never going to be allowed back.

16-12-2012
V.I.P.

^Unless they run the brand into the ground, and then decide to make him an offer to buy it back. Kind of like what investors did with Roland Mouret.

17-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Grace Coddington: “John Galliano Intends To Come Back”

JOHN GALLIANO will return to fashion - says legendary US Vogue creative director Grace Coddington.

"I love John, I think he's brilliant," she said. "He certainly intends to come back - when he's ready. I hope he will return, but I don't know. That's a tough one to get over. That's tougher than the Gucci people thinking they want a change of face."

Coddington went onto to show her faith and confidence in another fashion pioneer who recently left the industry - Nicolas Ghesquière. The designer stepped down from his role at Balenciaga in November and has since been replaced by "well-liked, confident, cute-looking" Alexander Wang.

"He will bide his time and come back," she said of her friend Ghesquière. "He's too brilliant to just disappear. He's very passionate about what he does. He's not caught up in fashion and celebrity at all. I don't think he's going to go off and become a sculptor like Helmut Lang, either."

The fashion veteran also added to comments made in her recently-released memoir about the burgeoning numbers of fashion show attendees and the influx of front row bloggers.

"Anyone can be in the front row that the designer deems important enough to put in the front row," she told The Huffington Post. "I used to find attending the shows so invigorating and exciting, but [now] you have to be there with blinders on - to cut out all the rubbish that's going on around, where the focus seems to be more on the audience than on the clothes that go down the runway. Any old **** can go down the runway and they all sit there and clap."
-vogue.co.uk

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
career, dior, galliano, john, lawsuit, lost