How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-12-2012
V.I.P.

HAHAHAHA OMG I think I just fell in love with Grace even more, with her front row comment.

18-12-2012
V.I.P.

i love when industry people aren't caught up i the politics and speak their mind. Of course it's usually someone of Grace's caliber but I applaud her speaking about Galliano nonetheless

28-12-2012
trendsetter

http://1granary.com/central-saint-ma...ay-update-e05/

Looks like somebody is releasing an autobiography next year.

(EDIT: found original source in spanish http://blogs.smoda.elpais.com/imperd...ref_map=%5B%5D)

Last edited by thejarc; 28-12-2012 at 04:15 PM.
28-12-2012
Hell on Heels

^ well an autobiography will be more than interesting. also booking a flight right now to go visit that haberdashery !

29-12-2012
rising star

I'm looking forward for this autobiography, even if it has a weird name. Well, if his going to work at his haberdashery, I may book a flight too.

29-12-2012
fashion insider

Really looking forward to this autobiography! I'm intrigued already.

clever ain't wise

That's perfect. A perfect strategy for him.

30-12-2012
front row

The Galliano's autobiography is a joke, in the S moda note also said that he will be the guest editor for the next issue of the magazine, december 28th it's like april's fool in Spain, México and other countries.

30-12-2012
fashion insider

Very bad taste joke

30-12-2012
V.I.P.

^ Agreed

30-12-2012
front row

Bitches

31-12-2012
V.I.P.

It was a good but not nice joke.

fashion insider

Imo, he should write an autobiography. Not the greatest of jokes, though.

backstage pass

I miss him so much. Fashion isn't the same without this great artist.

fashion insider

John Galliano wins first round in court battle with former employer Christian Dior.
Quote:
This is probably going to get worse before it gets better, but as of right now John Galliano can rest easy knowing he's won the first round of his battle with former employer Christian Dior.

The designer, who fell from grace after making anti-semitic remarks that were caught on tape, headed to court in Paris on Monday to make claims against Christian Dior Couture and the John Galliano brand (Dior owns 91% of the designer's namesake line).

His lawyer, Chantal Giraud-van Gaver of Coblence & Associés, argued against Dior lawyer Jean Néret's insistence that the case must be heard in a commercial court due to the complex nature of Galliano's contracts.

After the court ruled in Galliano's favor, the 52-year-old designer was seen coming out of the courthouse with a smile on his face. Though he kept mum, his lawyer, speaking to reporters, said:

“This jurisdiction is very, very cluttered, and therefore the delays are very, very long. The proof is that we just lost time because instead of hearing our full arguments, the court has to explore the question of its competence. For the time being, we are winning."

Though Giraud-van Gaver did not reveal the amount that Galliano is seeking in the case, she explained:

“There are several arguments. One is based on nullity, one takes into account his health, one argues that his dismissal was ill-founded, so depending on what the court retains, there are different degrees of compensation involved. He was at the company for a long time and he had a big salary, so the sums demanded will necessarily be high.”

For his part, Galliano looked sharp in skinny black trousers, black trench coat, and dotted scarf, because whether you are suing or getting sued, it's important to look good.

N'est-ce pas?

perezhilton.com

Quote:

At a preliminary legal hearing in Paris today, a French court green-lit John Galliano's lawsuit against Dior concerning the circumstances of his scandalous dismissal in March 2011. The case will now proceed to a commercial court due to the complex nature of Galliano's former contracts with Dior. But enough of all that legal jargon — what did Galliano wear? What kind of money are we talking here? We've weeded out the most interesting tidbits from WWD's report, including details on the designer's clothing allowance from back in the Dior days.

His court outfit: A skinny-trousered black suit and black shirt, probably designed by himself.

His mode of transportation: A black Citroën C2 car, driven by a chauffer.

What he consumed at the court house: Sips of water from a "small bottle."

How much Galliano was paid for his work at Dior: An annual salary of 1 million euros ($1.3 million at current exchange), plus annual bonuses of up to 700,000 euros depending on sales figures (about $906,400), an annual clothing allowance of 30,000 euros ($38,850), and a grooming budget for personal appearances of 60,000 euros ($77,700).

How much Galliano was paid for his work at his eponymous brand: An annual salary of 2 million euros ($2.6 million), minus a percentage dependent on how much money the house lost every year, since it never made a profit. He also got another annual clothing budget of 70,000 euros ($90,650).

How much more Galliano made doing other things: According to Dior's lawyers, Galliano commanded additional fees for consulting on his own brands' ad campaigns and making appearances at catwalk shows.

Total maximum value of Galliano's compensation per year, approximately: €3.86, or about $5.22 million.

It's unclear what exactly Galliano is seeking from Dior; last August, his spokesperson wouldn't even confirm the lawsuit's existence.
nymag.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
career, galliano, john