How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-12-2011
tfs star

No. Just no. Raf needs to stay at Jil. I can't have Raf leaving Jil menswear! Find someone else for the job! Not my Raf!

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

^Same sentiments. Although I like the idea of Raf for Dior, it just doesn't ultimately make sense. Plus, he's been presenting some sublime menswear collections under Jil recently. He just can't leave Jil yet. He just can't.

13-12-2011
fashion icon

Now that I look back at his last collection, I think this was an audition for the Dior job. I think he is a fantastic choice. I am dying to see his minimalistic approach to the house.

13-12-2011
fashion insider

I would be very sad if he left Jil Sander because his style at Jil Sander is simply flawless but I would also be very excited to see what he would do at Dior because its needs something new and fresh. I also wonder if his work at his own label would be affected due to the amount of work he would end up doing at Dior.

13-12-2011
tfs star

^ That is exactly what I am afraid of. Raf is first and foremost a menswear designer (as far as I'm concerned). I would hate for the RAF SIMONS label be compromised, especially when his male clienteles have been so loyal (even though his collections in recent years have been sub par). I don't want him to shift most of his focus to womenswear given the amount of work Dior will entail.

Last edited by Ives927; 13-12-2011 at 12:47 AM.

13-12-2011
backstage pass

Dior is such a monster of a house with so many collections, accessories, fragrances etc... can Raf manage all that along with his own label? It's not like Galliano who if didn't have sufficient time to prepare his collection under his own name could simply send models own the runway in trash bags and newspapers and that would be fine because that fits right down his alley. But Raf is a different designer... I'm just curious to see how it all plays out.

13-12-2011
backstage pass

I honestly don't hate the idea of Raf at Dior, but I am not a faithful follower of his menswear. I know a lot of people would miss his namesake label if he were to move to Dior. Then it raises the question of who is gonna take over at Jil Sander. It's all just turning into one big mess and no one will be happy with Gayten at the head of the house.

13-12-2011
fashion icon

I feel so bad for Gayten. He really tries, doesn't he?

13-12-2011
Mr. Magic

This news is not pleasant to hear at all. Gaytten should stick at Dior.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
ô)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

13-12-2011
fashion icon

^Wait, are you serious?

13-12-2011
fashion insider

Ten years later a decision is made. Im very curious to see what he can bring to Dior. The DNA of Dior over the last decade or so is so linked to Galliano that its going to be a challenge to take Dior a new direction but im sure Raf Simmons can rise to the challenge

13-12-2011
Mr. Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
^Wait, are you serious?
If it doesn't have to sacrifice other label's stability, then yes.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
ô)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

13-12-2011
V.I.P.

raf is fine at jil sander , he will be a disaster at Dior, its going to be like Paulo at Chloe, an epic fail, except here it will be an epic fail X 10

13-12-2011
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Now that I look back at his last collection, I think this was an audition for the Dior job. I think he is a fantastic choice. I am dying to see his minimalistic approach to the house.
I thought the same thing - though Raf may have been briefly brought up as an option for the Dior job I don't think anyone seriously considered him, but looking at his last show it feels as if it was for the daughter of a Dior Couture client.

I will miss him at Jil Sander; I've never known anyone else there (who on earth will replace him?), but the idea of him doing Dior Couture is quite an exciting prospect.

Another part of me is worrying and agreeing with disco54; it could be disastrous, a last-choice big-name designer chosen to please everyone.

13-12-2011
V.I.P.

He was perfect at Sander, but this is a HUGE opportunity for him, and i cant see him turning it down, i just hope it works out for him, would hate to see Dior become a mess with revolving door kicking out designers.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, dior, galliano, hired, john, offically, raf, simons, succeed, update