How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-04-2005
rising star

Why do you like/hate Prada?
I like Prada for the innovation that it brings (obviously) and in turn the relief from the trends. I like Prada for its intellectual aspect. I like Prada because it is an excellent manipulator. I like Prada beacuse its vision is very global. I like Prada because it's like escapism and it makes fashion inspiring again. I like Prada because it's seemingly never perfect. I'll be honest, sometimes I'll hate something Prada will come up with, I'll think it's so ugly. And I love that, it gives you times to figure it out and maybe even like it. So, what is it about Prada that you like?

20-04-2005
fashion icon

from a menswear perspective I find Prada's suits and dress shoes look pretty nicely cut, and occasionally some items like last winter's silk button downs and this season's knit polos stand out to me. I'm not familiar with the womens clothes but the mens seem like decent, no-fuss basics, although very expensive and perhaps not justifiably so. From what I've heard, the quality leaves much to be desired...

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

i love prada shoes and bags, and also the cut of the skirts and the fabrics used.

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

Because Prada is a lot of things. It's classy and artsy at the same time. Plus it looks less snobbier than some brands.

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

I don't.

20-04-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroclock
Plus it looks less snobbier than some brands.
The clothes, perhaps. But the stores seem to be a different issue...I remember an experience back in 2001, a family friend from overseas came to visit and we went shopping in NY, the Prada staff in the store we went to seemed quite snobbish, and gave our friend poor service until she pulled out a black AE card

20-04-2005
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplelucrezia
I don't.
me neither except for america cup trainers

i just DONT LIKE PRADA........the clothes really arent my style, and dont even look good on IMO especially the casual wear.
all the boring everyday prada bags and wallets with the silver logo attached are so over.

20-04-2005
fashion insider

^I agree, Prada simply bores me. And, I think Prada offers no relief from trends at all. Occasionally there's something interesting, but I would probably never wear it.

rising star

^

I've always thought the black nylon prada bags were such a scam. The thought of paying hundereds of dollars for a plain, synthetic bag (or rather for a small metal triangle) always boggeled my mind . I do have a Prada top that I like very much though...

20-04-2005
barcode

Although Prada isn't necessarily my style, I will admit that I admire Miuccia and her team for constantly being one step ahead of fashion, it really has become one of the labels that steers where fashion will go next.

Last edited by Spike413; 20-04-2005 at 08:57 PM.
20-04-2005
fashion insider

I used to like it years ago, until I saw the prices for the simplest pieces. The prints are nice, but I don't fancy the idea of paying out the ying yang for a nylon bag. Prada is the reason I won't go near a nylon bag no matter who made it. A lot of the items (clothing) are pretty, but I just can't fathom paying $1200 for a camisole. The accessories used to always get me but the shoe and bag designa as of late makes me think she's going crazy.

20-04-2005
backstage pass

maybe this thread should be renamed "Why Do You Hate Prada?"

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
The clothes, perhaps. But the stores seem to be a different issue...I remember an experience back in 2001, a family friend from overseas came to visit and we went shopping in NY, the Prada staff in the store we went to seemed quite snobbish, and gave our friend poor service until she pulled out a black AE card
lol, but it's kind of like the big archetype for salespersons of an expensive clothing store to be snobby. (i am not generalizing).

And now my dears, we must saher our Prada Trauma stories:

Me and a friend were skimming (?) over the April 05 Vanity Fair. Friend sees the new Prada shoes modeled by Mr. Kinkhead. Freind puked. Friend wasn't puking because of Mr. Kinkhead.

20-04-2005
dsq
backstage pass

i like the clothes made by prada and the sister brand miumiu, but i don't like how the prada company likes to buy out good designers (e.g. jil sander and helmut lang) and screws up their whole line.

as for prada's accessory line, i hate it.

21-04-2005
V.I.P.

I never liked Prada. I find it all to be very trendy and absent of real design. Muiccia is very good at finding trends, I'll give her that, but it seems like she just does the trends %100, she has no real look IMO. Her accessories are atrocious.

I agree about those nylon bags, I never got them. My sister has 2 and they're both practically the same rectangle.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
like or hate, prada