How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-03-2006
Stitch:the Hand

Well,I adore that he's at a house which allows more creative freedom and I love a couple collections(F/W 03 was his best,imo) but for me Theyskens was so much better when he was designing his own. The clothes were alot more immaculate and really,in true Belgian style,alot more thoughtful.

btw,what's he being cute have to do with anything at all? Just curious as that seems a superficial reason to love or hate him

12-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
^ i'll tell you how..
just try to have a look at his ss06 collection up close and maybe you will get persuaded.. the whole construction is wrong, the details are very very cheap, even the fabrics are wrong, thats mainly for the 'daywear' looks which seem as being manufactured by any slightly low budget, bad taste pret-a-porter company. I understand people being hyped by his looks and by catwalk but up close those clothes are a shame to be carrying the Rochas label, sorry

i totally adore how Theyskens looks (he's the cutest) but when seen up close his work for Rochas is a complete dissapointment (to me that is)
aw, Lena i'm sos sorry you feel that way..

but, to me it seemed the white linen ensembles which i saw were immaculately made..except the edgestitiching on a long linen coat..was off in one place

...a bustier dress looked like it was a pain to make, and some faille skirts were lovely too.
maybe it's the wearabilty that's bugging you, but i think with his last collection he proved that he can dress a younger woman (albeit a rich one:p), the short combos are so cute.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
13-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuomas
There were also rumours of him going to Givenchy a few years ago, but the poor bastards hired Julien McDonald instead...
that was funny

13-03-2006
fashion insider

All I can say is AUtumn Winter 2005-06, that collection was too beautiful for wortds.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
^ i'll tell you how..
just try to have a look at his ss06 collection up close and maybe you will get persuaded.. the whole construction is wrong, the details are very very cheap, even the fabrics are wrong, thats mainly for the 'daywear' looks which seem as being manufactured by any slightly low budget, bad taste pret-a-porter company. I understand people being hyped by his looks and by catwalk but up close those clothes are a shame to be carrying the Rochas label, sorry

i totally adore how Theyskens looks (he's the cutest) but when seen up close his work for Rochas is a complete dissapointment (to me that is)
I wouldn't agree you if I didn't go to Barneys and look at his clothes closely. I could see how beautiful they were supposed to look, but I was quite disappointed by the details...small things like stitches, how the material lined up with the linings, etc.(unless he tried to do that, which I doubt). I have to try them on to tell the "construction", but the details are the killer.
I love, love, love the dress on FW06 runway that looks like cloud around the lower legs...I can imagine how the material flows...

13-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
there's nothing I dislike more than dangling initials that aren't mine ...
Completely, it's like look I me, I'm wearing Chanel.

see me at myspace http://www.myspace.com/23845095

13-03-2006
fashion icon

I still appreciate Theysken's work but I feel like he has pushed the label into a more stuffy direction. It's becoming more of a generic french luxury label (although still elegant and thoughtful) which is good for business I suppose but not nearly as interesting as the first few seasons when Thyskens was first brought on.

And apparently he was offered a job at Givenchy but it ended up not working out because theykens "asked for too much money". He also mentioned that he wanted to wait for the right oppurtunity. Rochas was good for him because he could build it up almost from scratch since the house didn't have much of a presence or history.

13-03-2006
Fat Karl

I pesonally like what he is doing at Rochas much better than his personal line...although...I did like a lot of SS 02...
These dresses from that line were very creative and kind of sexy, I thought:

13-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245
Does anyone have pictures from his own line before he started working at Rochas?
I always turn to firstVIEW: http://www.firstview.com/alldesigner...Theyskens.html

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullen_femme
Completely, it's like look I me, I'm wearing Chanel.
oh please.

15-03-2006
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
I wouldn't agree you if I didn't go to Barneys and look at his clothes closely. I could see how beautiful they were supposed to look, but I was quite disappointed by the details...small things like stitches, how the material lined up with the linings, etc.(unless he tried to do that, which I doubt). I have to try them on to tell the "construction", but the details are the killer.
I love, love, love the dress on FW06 runway that looks like cloud around the lower legs...I can imagine how the material flows...
Hmmmmm ... I wonder if he's having production problems, because as you say, no one's clothes move more beautifully on the runway.

Pastry, I agree that the clothes look more wearable now than those test-driven by Vogue. Maybe I will have a chance to form my own opinion when Barney's reopens here :p

08-07-2006
rising star

I love love love everything Rochas, Lanvin and Balenciaga-the severe, black gothic-like clothes, the wonderfully inventive sihouettes-just perfect. Demi-couture Vogue US calls it-and it is just as wonderful as couture!

08-07-2006
backstage pass

of course i love rochas and olivier! he is such a cutie (but gay). the clothes are super beautiful and unique. no designer makes that kind of clothes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
like or hate, olivier, rochas, theyskens