How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-02-2006
backstage pass

Ah brilliant as usual, Yohji's play on proportions have always been fun though I agree with Pastry how it's not very womanly in some ways. Especially the case with the oversived men's suits and all, however I'm excited to see the corsets in this collections. The whale bone ribbing looks really special, and it works well with all his jackets but I don't know how it will translate off the runway.

27-02-2006
V.I.P.

^ exactly what i wanna know...

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
27-02-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidora
I think what I always think about Yamamoto's shows: that the clothes are so creative and very appealing in the context of a Paris fashion show, but if I saw a girl walking down the street dressed like that I'd think she was nuts.
Nuts? That's a horrible thing to say. Fashion can't move in different directions is everyone just wears whatever the trend agencies say to.

27-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidora
I think what I always think about Yamamoto's shows: that the clothes are so creative and very appealing in the context of a Paris fashion show, but if I saw a girl walking down the street dressed like that I'd think she was nuts.
I'd love to see more brave ladies looking like this on the street, but of course most of the Yohji customers won't buy total catwalk looks seen here...I think the tailoring is super elegant (as always), especially the suits and trench coats can be worn by women of any age and there aren't that many designers who can make people in their 20s and 60s look modern and attractive in the same clothes.

V.I.P.

I think it's the way you wear Yohji pieces. Of course, on the runway, everything is dramatised and heightened. But a Yohji jacket mixed with jeans and suddenly, it's taken out of context and becomes more naturalised. This collection in particular is great for that oversized look that I would balance with more fitted pieces. Like those baggy trousers with a tight tank and fitted blazer. If I could afford it, I'd buy Yohji pieces every season just to bring some dramaticism to my otherwise mundane life!

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
27-02-2006
V.I.P.

what an amazing way to start the season! absolutely brilliant so far. i'm liking this more than last fall.

Last edited by brian; 27-02-2006 at 08:02 AM.
27-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
I think it's the way you wear Yohji pieces. Of course, on the runway, everything is dramatised and heightened. But a Yohji jacket mixed with jeans and suddenly, it's taken out of context and becomes more naturalised. This collection in particular is great for that oversized look that I would balance with more fitted pieces. Like those baggy trousers with a tight tank and fitted blazer. If I could afford it, I'd buy Yohji pieces every season just to bring some dramaticism to my otherwise mundane life!
very well said Susie!

27-02-2006
a dim capacity for wings

it's breathtakingly beautiful.
when i saw the first pictures yesterday i thought they were from an old collection of his, i think it's very 'classical' yamamoto in the best way. and i agree with susie that it's a welcome change to otherwise boring proportions, i wish i'd see more people integrating shapes like this into their style.
m-o-m, i don't think that's amy wesson actually?

thanks for the thread and pictures!

27-02-2006
rising star

Quite stylish, but what he does isn't really my thing. I'll see a jacket or another piece here or there that I think is great, but as a whole the look doesn't do much for me. Brooding, complex, inaccessable, and with the exception of what Valentina Zeliaeva's wearing, not feminine.

*ducks and hides*

Last edited by aistobasbistoc; 27-02-2006 at 08:57 AM.
27-02-2006
V.I.P.

Very dark and beautiful as always although I would have loved to see more colours . Some looks really stood out for me. My favourites!.

vogue.co.uk

27-02-2006
trendsetter

Many people are commenting that it's un-feminine...normally, I would also agree that Yohji is androgynous. But this time on the contrary, this is extremely feminine. It's oozing womanly curves, a negligee sensuality, wild imagination, dramatic willpower, and even a bit of flesh. It's so beautiful I want to scream!

I specially love the navy and grey boiled wool. And of course, the hair...

Last edited by Melisande; 27-02-2006 at 09:36 AM.
27-02-2006
V.I.P.

Hmm, I think this is first Yohji collection that is leaving me cold for the most part. I think it's the cuts mostly. I love how they are usually loose, yet always remaining within the contour of the body, but these are just huge and contourless. The looks that I love are the typical Yohji cuts like in the last post above with photos.

P.S. Couldn't agree more with MOM - Paris is the start and the end of the fashion season.

27-02-2006
rui
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Hmm, I think this is first Yohji collection that is leaving me cold for the most part. I think it's the cuts mostly. I love how they are usually loose, yet always remaining within the contour of the body, but these are just huge and contourless. The looks that I love are the typical Yohji cuts like in the last post above with photos.

P.S. Couldn't agree more with MOM - Paris is the start and the end of the fashion season.

faust is right yet again! why do they even bother with NYC, London and Milan...PARIS is the original fashion capital! lets nly have Paris fashion week! it has the only designers that matter with the only concepts that matter.

Ítre ton cygne noir

I'm definitely unsure about all of it. I adore what Valentina's wearing in the first picture in post 11, but it also seems a bit out of place compared to the shapes and structures of the rest of the collection so far... I also don't feel it's very feminine, but then again I also don't feel it's masculine.

That said, I do really love the colours, and in many ways I find certain pieces very, very beautiful... So perhaps put together in a more casual way; like a coat paired with jeans as Susie was saying, I would appreciate this a bit more...

27-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rui
faust is right yet again! why do they even bother with NYC, London and Milan...PARIS is the original fashion capital! lets nly have Paris fashion week! it has the only designers that matter with the only concepts that matter.
Well, I was quoting metal-on-metal's (a.k.a. MOM) post, so technically she is right first .

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0607, f or w, paris, yamamoto, yohji