How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tott
^ I think that a few people have already said something like that... And I agree. Not that it's too oversized, but shapeless and unflattering.
Your right, shapeless and unflattering are better words.

27-02-2006
trendsetter

I do love the tailored coats and actually really like the oversized trousers, I'm sure they'd look great off the runway too. I'm really warming up to this collection.

27-02-2006
arndom

It's very nice collection. But it is so typically Yohji, it's so manytimes done by him.

Edit: I love the long trousers:-). Looks like floor length dresses

Last edited by nqth; 27-02-2006 at 03:31 PM.
27-02-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

Paris should definatly live up to it's fashion-capital-of-the-world moniker this year.

27-02-2006
trendsetter

Although the cutting and draping are phenomenal, the end result of all that volume is overkill. If skeleton like models look like fat down and out bums, then what about the normal women.
Best integrated with something shapely on the bottom imo.

27-02-2006
V.I.P.

This is by far one of the best collections I've seen this season.... I am blown away by the fabric layering/draping effects... mixiing two fabrics/outfits into the same outfit.... and the tye dye is GORGEOUS.... I am loving most of it if not all..... except maybe the hats... and the blue-turquoise eye makeup is so remarkably fresh, compared to the BORING to death natural or old hollywood glam makeup looks seen at other shows....

style.com

wow, yohji at its best.... i am so blown away.... the oversized baggyness is done so well and so cute...... and quirky... i am loving the button details on the coats as well.... cute as hell......

And the lace up BOOTS.... they are SO pretty...!!!!! .. they go well with the outfit..... I want something like that for next winter..... so casual yet elegant and edgy.....!!!!!!

27-02-2006
rising star

Love it

27-02-2006
front row

I think the essence of traditional Jap dressing isn't to have figure-hugging clothes, but clothes that can vary according to the person, & emphasise movements, & like Chin/Jap painting using the +ve & -ve space. My 2 cent...

27-02-2006
tfs star

Shapeless and unflattering? Hmm...not sure how...perhaps one or two...but other than that, this is what I see:

The contrast between the flowy drapes and the stark deep V necklines accentuate the fragile beauty of the collarbone.

The balance of the high tight waist and long silhouette is very elongating, flattering, and feminine.

The flowing long pants, skirts and sleeves are almost medieval in their noble elegance; the sweeping motion must be beautiful when worn.

Even the oversized-ness accentuate the vulnerable beauty of the body swimming inside (as glimpsed in the neckline and ankles), like a little girl in Daddy's clothes...or even Chaplin

I agree with Kimkhuu, this is one of my favorite Yohji collections ever...

Last edited by Melisande; 27-02-2006 at 09:14 PM.
27-02-2006
backstage pass

I think sometimes normal woman or however/whatever that term means may look fatter in more form fitting clothing in some cases. I seriously haven't seen a woman who appears fat in Kimono's. Stick thin, medium and well rounded women all look vibrant in them. However I do believe oversized men's jackets can make people look fat.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estella Mare
it's breathtakingly beautiful.
when i saw the first pictures yesterday i thought they were from an old collection of his, i think it's very 'classical' yamamoto in the best way. and i agree with susie that it's a welcome change to otherwise boring proportions, i wish i'd see more people integrating shapes like this into their style.
m-o-m, i don't think that's amy wesson actually?

thanks for the thread and pictures!
ooo, super well said estella, you've responded to everything as i would have...very classic yohji, except for maybe that turquoise/denim fabric. hehe.

27-02-2006
V.I.P.

Yohji's collections are always exciting to look, but most of times they only look good on models or anybody tall...what a pity...

27-02-2006
fashion icon

=T never too fond of yohji's work to begin with..
the whole oversize, loose fitting is just...not flattering..makes the models look like bag ladies(no offence)
but i love the coat on the top left from post #11

27-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rui
faust is right yet again! why do they even bother with NYC, London and Milan...PARIS is the original fashion capital! lets nly have Paris fashion week! it has the only designers that matter with the only concepts that matter.
it's really no mystery..

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
27-02-2006
V.I.P.

and btw, i loved the turqoise-coloured outfits..nicole phelps can just shut up

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0607, f or w, paris, yamamoto, yohji