How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-02-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey~Blade
I think sometimes normal woman or however/whatever that term means may look fatter in more form fitting clothing in some cases. I seriously haven't seen a woman who appears fat in Kimono's. Stick thin, medium and well rounded women all look vibrant in them. However I do believe oversized men's jackets can make people look fat.
I see your point as well.

28-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande
Shapeless and unflattering? Hmm...not sure how...perhaps one or two...but other than that, this is what I see:

The contrast between the flowy drapes and the stark deep V necklines accentuate the fragile beauty of the collarbone.

The balance of the high tight waist and long silhouette is very elongating, flattering, and feminine.

The flowing long pants, skirts and sleeves are almost medieval in their noble elegance; the sweeping motion must be beautiful when worn.

Even the oversized-ness accentuate the vulnerable beauty of the body swimming inside (as glimpsed in the neckline and ankles), like a little girl in Daddy's clothes...or even Chaplin

I agree with Kimkhuu, this is one of my favorite Yohji collections ever...
I couldn't have put it better Melisade - I must say you have a way with words!

I'd love to see a video of this collection. I have a feeling the pictures aren't doing it justice. I wonder when the yohjiyamomoto.co.jp site will be updated...

28-02-2006
V.I.P.

^Melisandre, I completely agree with you! There's almost a subtle sensuality that can be expressed wearing this Yohji collection.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
28-02-2006
tfs star

Aww, thank you so much Avantster and Susie!

28-02-2006
backstage pass

i adore all of it!
this would even be one of my favorite collections so far only because of the make-up and the hair :p

28-02-2006
elementary.

agree tht it might not translate well to real life
but it's absolutely stunning just to look at. amazing shapes !
* & like kimkhuu said . . the makeup is fabulous . . .
first thing tht struck me when i saw the pics . .

vogue.co.uk

fashion icon

Actually, I think Yohji's pieces look even better in stores than on the runway. They are being readily compared to other clothes and you realize that as good as it looked on the runway they are quite nice to be worn too!

I am interested to see how this will be in the stores.

01-03-2006
rising star

"Drama in Paris fashion week as little girls wearing their fathers' over-sized suits took over the catwalk at yohji yamamoto's autumn/winter collection show! Many on-lookers smiled skeptically, as these 7 year olds in over-sized suits were thought to be his actual collection. Yojhi, stunned by embarrassment, is believed to be holding on to the "real" collection for next year so he can take a long needed rest at home. He is currently searching charity shops for suits for his autumn/winter orders."

I love him really

backstage pass

Whoa alright the whole collection is up on firstview!

here's some pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00004.L.jpg (32.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg y1.jpg (87.6 KB, 9 views)

backstage pass

firstview.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg y2.jpg (71.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg y3.jpg (67.2 KB, 12 views)

backstage pass

firstview.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg y4.jpg (77.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg y5.jpg (70.5 KB, 14 views)

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
If I could afford it, I'd buy Yohji pieces every season just to bring some dramaticism to my otherwise mundane life!
oh how I wish you would...if i could afford it i'd be your Yohji pimp and just buy you new pieces each season, all i want in return is to be able to behold a real person wearing these clothes! :p

This could very well be my favorite womens collection of all time...i've never seen fashion models look as hot as they do here, to me these clothes make me want them more than any sexed up effects by Dolce & Gabbana, Tom Ford, Roberto Cavalli ever had on me. The proportions, the make-up, everything is just so heart-crushingly beautiful.

Yohji has also proved that his clothes are arguably the most wearable of any designer out there...you can be 16 or 60 and these clothes would look just as good, they seem to require no thought while remaining some of the most thoughtful, intelligently designed clothes out there.

on a somewhat unrelated note i found out i got a Yohji Yamamoto s/s 06 cardigan for a birthday present, i can't wait to wear it!

01-03-2006
backstage pass

Attached Images
File Type: jpg y6.jpg (45.9 KB, 12 views)

fashion icon

Looking at this collection again, the most striking part to me was how the clothes are challenging yet completely wearable. And I don't mean challenging in the sense I'd think someone was nuts if i saw them wearing this (regardless if it's Yohji or whoever, but who else could've thought up these clothes?), but rather the tailoring, fabrics has such depth and complexity, I think it's unfair to write it off as shapeless or unflattering...and when i say wearable i think this collection is versatile as it would work on girls across several generations...however at its heart I think it takes the right amount of flair to carry it off. It seems like clothing that would work best when forgotten after thrown on, but at the same time you kind of have to have some thought to put them on in the first place, dunno if that makes sense...either way sorry for the long rant today's been a great day and i'm still riding a natural buzz, hence the pretentious review :p.

01-03-2006
backstage pass

Thanks for the review, Matt. I notice you do seem more cheery today, is it all coz of the Yohji cardigan? hahah Actually I saw some the S/S 06 tees the other day, it was pretty charming in a way but nothing to justify the over 200UK price 0_0

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0607, f or w, paris, yamamoto, yohji