How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
20-01-2013
  16
backstage pass
 
lordevan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Iowa City, IA
Gender: homme
Posts: 727
the facial hair suppose to be a joke?

  Reply With Quote
 
21-01-2013
  17
El Viaje Definitivo
 
runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 11,369
it's terekakushi rather than joke. I guess there is no english equivalent of that noun.


it seems that some pieces from regulation men are mixed in this collection.


from facebook/YohjiYamamotoRegulation

__________________

Let the stars decide
  Reply With Quote
21-01-2013
  18
flaunt the imperfection
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,840
i'm going to have a problem with that label...
.........

__________________
"It is not money that makes you well dressed: it is understanding."
ChristianDior



  Reply With Quote
22-01-2013
  19
El Viaje Definitivo
 
runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 11,369
maybe it's meant to be something like leather patch on jeans.
this line is supposed to run small in comparison with yohji yamamoto pour homme, actually made for yohji himself.
they expect new business development especially in asian market.

__________________

Let the stars decide
  Reply With Quote
22-01-2013
  20
rising star
 
FashionMuseDior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colombia
Gender: homme
Posts: 106
I like the creative part of it, although the only thing I'd like to wear from this are the furry pants and the shoes.

  Reply With Quote
28-01-2013
  21
V.I.P.
 
BerlinRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MilkyWay-Pluto-Earth
Gender: homme
Posts: 11,118
LOVE LOVE LOVE
simple love everything ...


Especially since I wore that (almost) exact same look than #10... With pants under my yohji baggy (you might be happy sometimes to take a (over)size 3) ... And another jkt under my black Dr. YY blk jkt (giving so much details for you, darling) AND the burgundy top

Maybe someone from yohji saw me on the streets ... (I'm wearing a mustache, too, since I'm back in my hometown)

Anyway ......

Gorgeous collection, very French, a tiny farmy - which I love ... And with the craziness chic of Japanese style.

I'm just not sure with the treatment or technics they used for the fur ...


Last edited by BerlinRocks; 28-01-2013 at 01:41 AM.
  Reply With Quote
02-02-2013
  22
flaunt the imperfection
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE
simple love everything ...


Especially since I wore that (almost) exact same look than #10... With pants under my yohji baggy (you might be happy sometimes to take a (over)size 3) ... And another jkt under my black Dr. YY blk jkt (giving so much details for you, darling) AND the burgundy top

Maybe someone from yohji saw me on the streets ... (I'm wearing a mustache, too, since I'm back in my hometown)

Anyway ......

Gorgeous collection, very French, a tiny farmy - which I love ... And with the craziness chic of Japanese style.

I'm just not sure with the treatment or technics they used for the fur ...
FYI- i like your mustache very much and i think you should keep it...

regarding look #10- i think that is actually a jumpsuit over a pants suit...but i get the idea of what you are saying and am glad the burgundy sweater has a good home...
:p

__________________
"It is not money that makes you well dressed: it is understanding."
ChristianDior



  Reply With Quote
02-02-2013
  23
flaunt the imperfection
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner View Post
maybe it's meant to be something like leather patch on jeans.
this line is supposed to run small in comparison with yohji yamamoto pour homme, actually made for yohji himself.
they expect new business development especially in asian market.
very interesting about the sizing...
i like that it's made for yohji himself...
and i hope it's true that they will have an increase in business in the asian market...
makes sense...

thanks for the insight...

*still don't like the label though...
in general, i don't think yohji's ever had the best graphics...
i love his signature as the YY label...
but, for example, the website isn't really great, etc...
and then there is the YY logo fabric he did, and that scarf with the same print that he has been wearing..
maybe it's like a joke and his version of the LV logo stuff...?
but, anyway, i hate the LV logo stuff (and most logo stuff in general), so i don't want logo stuff from YY, even if it is a joke...
cause then i am wearing a joke and i don't like that idea...
i'd rather wear something elegant and quietly brilliant...

that's just my feeling about it...

__________________
"It is not money that makes you well dressed: it is understanding."
ChristianDior



  Reply With Quote
03-02-2013
  24
tfs star
 
tricotineacetat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
cause then i am wearing a joke and i don't like that idea...
i'd rather wear something elegant and quietly brilliant...

that's just my feeling about it...
That was the thought that always came to mind when I looked at the women's mainline collection next to the men's - He's said that a dozen times already, but his view on womenswear and menswear (or rather: his view on men and women) is quite different, in a way there is much more playfulness and humor in the men's than in the women's - And to be honest, I love Yohji at best when he does rather cerebral, quietly elegant clothes for women in which case the design incorporates both classical dressmaking/couture and deconstruction elements... I don't think any other designer ever mastered that as successfully as him or ever went down his path with much success...

  Reply With Quote
04-02-2013
  25
El Viaje Definitivo
 
runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 11,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
*still don't like the label though...
in general, i don't think yohji's ever had the best graphics...
i love his signature as the YY label...
but, for example, the website isn't really great, etc...
and then there is the YY logo fabric he did, and that scarf with the same print that he has been wearing..
maybe it's like a joke and his version of the LV logo stuff...?
but, anyway, i hate the LV logo stuff (and most logo stuff in general), so i don't want logo stuff from YY, even if it is a joke...
cause then i am wearing a joke and i don't like that idea...
i'd rather wear something elegant and quietly brilliant...

that's just my feeling about it...
yes when I was posting the pics of it I wished womens stuff won't be labeled that way.
although I don't remember the graphics on the website to be honest part of me likes the idea that YY is not especially good at graphics since it is a dressmaker in the first place. also the head designer and founder of the company is now in his later career. I hope he can let himself concentrate on what he should be doing. I like him caring about not the ornaments on sheath and handle but the cutting quality of the blade. I mean, even if most of the things from the company were what makes integral pleased, if the rest were still true gems from his inner need, it might be alright. so ultimately, when the only thing we don't like about it is the label, let's rid it of the label.

__________________

Let the stars decide
  Reply With Quote
08-02-2013
  26
flaunt the imperfection
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,840
checked some of the stuff for spring that is already showing up online and the women's seems to have no outer labels or just a very small one...

i'm not sure that they are even marketing the line differently than regular YY stuff in the US...

on barney's website it is ALL Regulation stuff, but it is just labeled as YY...

the same is true of some +noir stuff from last season...
it was all just labeled YY...

**runner...
a beautiful blade deserves a beautiful sheath!
i don't think Yohji has to do the graphics and everything all himself...
i only want that he should have some very talented people working on the stuff that surrounds his work in order to enhance it and show it off to its greatest potential...


yes- we could get rid of the label( though it seems that it won't be an issue)...
but i really like a good label...that's all...i just wish for yohji to have what i believe he deserves...

__________________
"It is not money that makes you well dressed: it is understanding."
ChristianDior




Last edited by softgrey; 08-02-2013 at 09:50 AM.
  Reply With Quote
08-02-2013
  27
flaunt the imperfection
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat View Post
That was the thought that always came to mind when I looked at the women's mainline collection next to the men's - He's said that a dozen times already, but his view on womenswear and menswear (or rather: his view on men and women) is quite different, in a way there is much more playfulness and humor in the men's than in the women's - And to be honest, I love Yohji at best when he does rather cerebral, quietly elegant clothes for women in which case the design incorporates both classical dressmaking/couture and deconstruction elements... I don't think any other designer ever mastered that as successfully as him or ever went down his path with much success...
i can only agree with everything you say...

__________________
"It is not money that makes you well dressed: it is understanding."
ChristianDior



  Reply With Quote
11-02-2013
  28
El Viaje Definitivo
 
runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 11,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
checked some of the stuff for spring that is already showing up online and the women's seems to have no outer labels or just a very small one...

i'm not sure that they are even marketing the line differently than regular YY stuff in the US...

on barney's website it is ALL Regulation stuff, but it is just labeled as YY...

the same is true of some +noir stuff from last season...
it was all just labeled YY...

**runner...
a beautiful blade deserves a beautiful sheath!
i don't think Yohji has to do the graphics and everything all himself...
i only want that he should have some very talented people working on the stuff that surrounds his work in order to enhance it and show it off to its greatest potential...


yes- we could get rid of the label( though it seems that it won't be an issue)...
but i really like a good label...that's all...i just wish for yohji to have what i believe he deserves...
you mean the +noir pieces over there last season had the YY label on them ?
over here +noir used to have its own corners in department stores but now it doesn't have them any more and is sold at the places under the name of YY. there is no +noir paper bags, but still has its own label I guess. also YY stores are where regulation is going to be available. not Y's stores. it's like that.

yes it would definitely be best if the label corresponds to what it is on. but apparently in the company at the moment it is almost impossible for everything to be one. it's not his private company with integral involved, which makes it all the more complicated. and anyway that label for mens stuff will have to stay there at least for this F/W 2013 season. so I thought of bad possibility for the second collection of womens regulation.
although decorating sheaths may be fashion in a way, what I meant by the blade and its cutting quality is his inner need and its genuineness*. these are what he hopes reach your core. I wanted to let his clothes through such things exist apart from the unfortunate label, if they have to come with it ultimately. but yes it's too hasty at this point. let's see what it will be like in the F/W 13 femme.


* it's a matter of whether things you tried to write are things truly necessary or not. whether they are your own gems you can't help expressing even if you have to exchange your life for them. and then, whether they are genuinely expressed, unnecessary things removed, with your unique hand in response to that need. - ango sakaguchi, yohji's literature hero

__________________

Let the stars decide
  Reply With Quote
11-02-2013
  29
flaunt the imperfection
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner View Post
you mean the +noir pieces over there last season had the YY label on them ?
yes- gomen ne...i thought i had told you this already...
i had taken pics of the labels to show you...
left- american market, right- japanese market
(my pics)

this is why i did not know the pieces at Barney's were +noir...
it seems that in the US they are keeping just two Yohji brands- Y's and YY...
three if you include Y-3...
even if they are labelled differently for the asian market...
not sure what is going on in Europe ...
**maybe tric knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner View Post
over here +noir used to have its own corners in department stores but now it doesn't have them any more and is sold at the places under the name of YY. there is no +noir paper bags, but still has its own label I guess. also YY stores are where regulation is going to be available. not Y's stores. it's like that.

yes it would definitely be best if the label corresponds to what it is on. but apparently in the company at the moment it is almost impossible for everything to be one. it's not his private company with integral involved, which makes it all the more complicated. and anyway that label for mens stuff will have to stay there at least for this F/W 2013 season. so I thought of bad possibility for the second collection of womens regulation.
although decorating sheaths may be fashion in a way, what I meant by the blade and its cutting quality is his inner need and its genuineness*. these are what he hopes reach your core. I wanted to let his clothes through such things exist apart from the unfortunate label, if they have to come with it ultimately. but yes it's too hasty at this point. let's see what it will be like in the F/W 13 femme.


* it's a matter of whether things you tried to write are things truly necessary or not. whether they are your own gems you can't help expressing even if you have to exchange your life for them. and then, whether they are genuinely expressed, unnecessary things removed, with your unique hand in response to that need. - ango sakaguchi, yohji's literature hero
i understand what you say and, while i agree, i cannot help but wish for more...
maybe that makes me greedy or idealistic (unrealistic)...
but, that is my nature...
it cannot be helped...it is beyond my control...


tokorode---
i am secretly pleased that my trousers have a different label...
makes me feel special, even if nobody sees it...
:p
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6696.jpg (39.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6697.jpg (37.9 KB, 3 views)

__________________
"It is not money that makes you well dressed: it is understanding."
ChristianDior




Last edited by softgrey; 11-02-2013 at 01:19 PM.
  Reply With Quote
18-02-2013
  30
El Viaje Definitivo
 
runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 11,369
according to john donne/anatomie of the world, the world from the first hour corrupted, with the first victim angels. seems like it's our old dear affair. in such surroundings, longing for more could not be greed even if what thomas mann/death in venice might regard as bliss.

thanks for the pics! now I see it all and why they have been showing YY femme and +noir and regulation together on the runway.
also in YY pour homme stores there are some things labeled YY produce. they are sort of basics like what we might have found in Y's for men.


nomadic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 72db3a14-s.jpg (14.2 KB, 22 views)

__________________

Let the stars decide
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, mens, paris, yamamoto, yohji
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.